Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of opening up a shop in cork.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I would be seriously worried.

It's market research, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

gbee wrote: »
    I would be seriously worried.

It's market research, isn't it?

No its not. Market research is askin peoples advice after you establish an idea or ideas but before you put them into practise. Like I want to open a pub what type would appeal to you? Not I want to open a business any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

We're probably helping out with his homework :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

We're probably helping out with his homework :D

Haha Yep and maybe he just posted in the wrong category

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I think you need to be passionate about the thing you want to sell to be honest. Have a real interest in the commodity, and know as much as possible about that commodity. Without a really good understanding of what it is you are selling and the type of person you are selling it to – you will be doomed to fail. I am not posting this to be negative, but you really need to find out what it is YOU want to sell, then figure out will there be a market for it. I would love to start up my own business – I have no idea what that is going to be however, until I know and determine if I have a genuine passion for it, I will be staying put, working for someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Spindle wrote: »
    There is a lack of any good late night coffee shops/wine bars as an alternative to pubs. Since Tribes closed there are none at all that I can think of. It might be that the market is not there for it, but it would be nice to have somewhere other than a pub to go at night.

As far as I know Cafe Gusto at the top of Washington St stays open till 10pm Thurs - Sat. Granted that's not very late but still opens later than most coffee places. There's also Gulpd Cafe in the Triskel which serves coffee and alcohol.Never been there but any time I pass it, there's a nice cosy atmosphere in there. http://triskelartscentre.ie/gulpd-cafe/

As for wine bars, there's a couple that I know of. There's L'Attitude 51 on Union Quay and was gonna say a place at the bottom of Washington St but pretty sure that's changed to a restaurant. Think that Boqueria place on Bridge St is a wine/tapas bar aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Is this just a random idea that you had then. Or do you actually have other shops open in some other City :D

Advertisement