Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Shooting

• 03-05-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I've just started clay shooting and am in a club who shoot every Saturday. Thing is i work every second weekend and i'm looking to get a bit of practice in midweek. Was out in Ashbourne looking at the ICPSA, great set up but its more the sporting clay that i'm interested in.

Does anyone know of a sporting clay ground near Dublin that offer midweek practice other than Courtlough (no problem with them, just already know about them)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Not in Dublin but Hilltop in Newtownmountkennedy Co.Wicklow has 50 sporting also has 35 bird compact sporting. Open all day from Tuesday to Sunday:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

There are clay shooting grounds dotted all over the country, some better than others, I'd suggest chatting to a few other shooters in your immediate area as there's probably one far closer than you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Sandyman

This grounds is only 10 Minutes from Courtlough(Good Grounds also). The owner is an excellent coach and he will give you a few good pointers. He has worked with alot of the top sporting shooters in the country. PM and I will give you his number if your interested.

Sman

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Sandyman wrote: »
    This grounds is only 10 Minutes from Courtlough(Good Grounds also). The owner is an excellent coach and he will give you a few good pointers. He has worked with alot of the top sporting shooters in the country. PM and I will give you his number if your interested.

Sman

I think i was speaking to him back when i was looking for fingal, might try him next time i'm out that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

Sandyman wrote: »

Sman
    think thats where the nargc leinster finals are each yr? fine place well worth a visit

• Advertisement
Advertisement