Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent RTS

Options
  • 03-05-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Used to play LOTR: BFME 2 before EA, as testament to their ******ry, removed servers for the game. Have been pining after a decent RTS for the xbox ever since. Found Halo wars to be too basic, and Stormrise was terrible and very difficult to play. So any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Civilization Revolution is quite good, its as good as you'll get for Console RTS'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

GTR63 wrote: »
    Civilization Revolution is quite good, its as good as you'll get for Console RTS'

It's not a RTS it's a turn based strat isn't it?

Limericks wrote: »
    It's not a RTS it's a turn based strat isn't it?

Tis alrite but tbh there ain't many console rts'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Tis alrite but tbh there ain't many console rts'
    Halo Wars was good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

+1 for Halo Wars. It's quite good for a Console RTS.

I've not played them but there were a couple of Command and Conquer games out recently on 360. Maybe someone else can say if they're any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

GTR63 wrote:
    Turn-based... I don't mind turn based, but it's specifically an RTS I'm looking for... I also tried Brutal Legend... Would rather not talk about that :P...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I loved end war on the xbox and its speech control was great, and world in conflict on the PC I think out would run on any old machine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Endwar... Any idea if it has an active multiplayer base? And I'm looking specifically for xbox360 titles. I wish there was a decent DoW game on console :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Slugs wrote: »
    Endwar... Any idea if it has an active multiplayer base? And I'm looking specifically for xbox360 titles. I wish there was a decent DoW game on console :(

It did up till last year, the single player campaign is not bad, I like the way your units rank up and unlock special abilities. An all round fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

If you don't mind crappy storyline and awful live action actors, then get Red Alert 3.

Halo Wars is the best though tbh

• Advertisement

Ubisoft released a game called RUSE a few years back it may be kinda like what your looking for, got a few decent reviews too iirc

If you don't mind crappy storyline and awful live action actors, then get Red Alert 3.

Thats a bit harsh on Tim Curry isn't it? Plus wasn't Ric Flair in one of them ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Thats a bit harsh on Tim Curry isn't it? Plus wasn't Ric Flair in one of them ton.

Well, i didn't mean tim curry, tim curry is awesome. :D

And ric flair did mini videos where he was attacked by a bear

Advertisement