Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The C&H relationshippy lovey dovey thread of love

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

LOL single again. Except I ended it. But yeah. Trying to find someone to give a cute ass valentines card to so they can give to their boyfriend so you don't just throw it out is a PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

LOL single again. Except I ended it. But yeah. Trying to find someone to give a cute ass valentines card to so they can give to their boyfriend so you don't just throw it out is a PITA.

Alternatively, just send it to me so I can feel special for once. :( :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Alternatively, just send it to me so I can feel special for once. :( :P

Already gave it away, bbz. But now there's nothing standing in the way of our love?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So, eh, I've been single since about a week after this thread was last posted in. :pac:
    I think (emotionally speaking) that a break from relationships is probably good for me at this stage. I'm re-discovering myself as a single man. It's not all good, but it's an interesting adventure.

I don't even miss relationships at the minute. Ask me again in a week, I might have a different answer though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Part of me would love to be in a relationship, but only if I didn't have to do the months of "should I text him??", "does he like me?", "am I being too clingy/needy/obvious?".. The effort of all that is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

One of the women I work with said to me the other day "I found you on Tinder Junco, we didn't match though"

"Am I not worth a right swipe no? :p"

"I did go right!"

Came across her on it, swiped and it was indeed a match.

Not mentioned again, bar her saying
    " glad to see you matched me " in a kind of jokey tone of voice.
    No blatant flirting, but you can't really be to blatant at work anyway.

We have different positions so I probably shouldn't pursue it but I'm leaving in a few weeks and we do get on very well so I'm conflicted.

The main thing is I'm terrible at reading signals so I'm not really sure if it's just a case of she seen someone she knows on tinder and swiped for the Craic so she could say it to me. Is that a thing people do? Only thing that makes me wonder if I should make a go of it is a friend of hers once drunkenly starting but not finishing a sentence "Junco, X thinks you're....."

Normally I'd say feck it and just try but with it being a work colleague ,different positions etc etc I'm wary.

Ladies of C+h what is the signal she's sending me?

If she brings it up again, go casual. Like if she mentions ye matched, then go "Well, fancy a drink some evening then?"

If she brings it up again, go casual. Like if she mentions ye matched, then go "Well, fancy a drink some evening then?"
    They sacked her today. Over something silly. Sickening.

*poof*

Gone

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Now youre not coworkwers. So it wont be awkward if you ask her out. And you wont have to see her afterwards if it doesnt work out (Who needs a shift and drift when you can just ride and glide :pac:)

Meh the job is like sixty hours a week plus three hours travelling everyday. My time off is non existent. Logistical nightmare so it would be. There is talk of a going away session for the few who are gone this week.

Riding and gliding is fun and all but ****boys have ruined casual sex. It's really hard to not to be labelled as one when you are "emotionally artistic" to quote the IT Crowd. I rather not put it the wrong way and have that hanging over my head at work.

I guess the best way to find out is ask but I can't exactly go "hey now that you got sacked I can talk to you on tinder and not get in trouble. Are you looking for a ride,a buddy or a bf?" Can I?

• Advertisement

Any suggestions as to phrasing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Any suggestions as to phrasing? :pac:

Can I stick my willy in ya?

That might work if I was better looking.
    I don't think I could pull off that level of directness though. Even being as charming as I can be.

I'd either get points for guts or some headbutts.

Advertisement