Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The C&H relationshippy lovey dovey thread of love

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I'm won't be. :D

My gf and I will continue our Valentine's tradition of sitting at home and eating kebabs. Probably will get her flowers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've never actually been in a relationship on valentines day. Well, technically...but we were 'on a break', so it doesn't count because I ignored the day despite his pining tweets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I've had 2 for valentines. And while I'm single I am seeing someone so could use it as an excuse to take them on a date lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I've never actually been in a relationship on valentines day.

Do you wanna be? ;)

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Trying to get nominated for best couple at the jizzlers, real subtle guys :rolleyes:

Well since Junco rebuffed my advances...

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Do you wanna be? ;)

If I don't get a date at speed dating tomorrow (I won't, so that'll be a loss), then yes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well since Junco rebuffed my advances...

I'm sorry wnolan. I'm emotionally unavailable. I pushed you away cause I FEEL TOO MUCH! and it scares me.

Please forgive me
    :pac:

Yeah you do ;)

(I dont even know what Im insinuating)

That I get handsy?
    Emotionally handsy.

Handsy....Hansy.....Hans Solo :pac:

#foreveralone #notreally #hookingupwithprincessleia

I hope what they say about Han shooting first aren't true so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I hope what they say about Han shooting first aren't true so.

Quote all of the deleted posts!! *insert meme here*

• Advertisement

I'm planning on walking to Aldi in the morning, buying a can of squirty cream and having fancy hot chocolate all day tomorrow. This is my valentine's day, have at it

12 hour shift tomorrow. And not the fun kind.

I'm currently sort of seeing someone but we have not set anything in title wise. But im thinking that it's just a casual relationship with this person. Would it be wrong to still keep flirting around . Just don't feel strong connection but enjoy hanging with them having fun.

Jhcx wrote: »
    I'm currently sort of seeing someone but we have not set anything in title wise. But im thinking that it's just a casual relationship with this person. Would it be wrong to still keep flirting around . Just don't feel strong connection but enjoy hanging with them having fun.

If it's not serious then yeah it's probably okay. But you should talk to whoever your seeing first. If they have a different idea of where it's going and are looking towards getting serious then you could end up hurting someone.

If your seeing someone but you want to be free to sleep with others than why bother seeing someone in any type of dating capacity at all?. Why not just stick to one night stands.

I've had fwb things in the past where we've both slept around. But we never really hung out that much like.

If it's not serious then yeah it's probably okay. But you should talk to whoever your seeing first. If they have a different idea of where it's going and are looking towards getting serious then you could end up hurting someone.

If your seeing someone but you want to be free to sleep with others than why bother seeing someone in any type of dating capacity at all?. Why not just stick to one night stands.

I've had fwb things in the past where we've both slept around. But we never really hung out that much like.

Thanks. Ya I suppose I should see what their thinking. Like talking to them last night seemed to be OK with causal relations. But could be wrong. Well I don't want one night stands done enough those I'm looking foe a relationship nut just being picky about who I'm with. And this is probably the only relationship gonna get for now but just don't want to commit

:mad:

Don't you just hate when you get to that stage with someone where they do something trivial and it makes you upset/annoyed/angry/whatever whereas a few months ago it really would not have been a big deal at all.

I hate getting close to people...*sigh* Vulnerabilities suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Jhcx wrote: »

Jhcx I'm actually i the same situation as you. I just came straight out and asked what they want/don't want etc. I like them but we live too far away for anything serious to happen and talking to them about it made me feel waaaaay better about seeing other people!

:mad:

Don't you just hate when you get to that stage with someone where they do something trivial and it makes you upset/annoyed/angry/whatever whereas a few months ago it really would not have been a big deal at all.

I hate getting close to people...*sigh* Vulnerabilities suck.

Or when you're starting to get close to someone and they come out with something and you're just like "nope, can't do this anymore"

Who needs a date on Valentine's when you can have one on Pancake Tuesday.

Or when you're starting to get close to someone and they come out with something and you're just like "nope, can't do this anymore"

I think I'm in the other category. As in, there is a couple things about me that terrifies me if I tell people they'll be like..."nope, can't deal, k thx bai"

• Advertisement

I think I'm in the other category. As in, there is a couple things about me that terrifies me if I tell people they'll be like..."nope, can't deal, k thx bai"

The fact that you're a law student who's looking at a minimum of close to a decade in poverty? I joke, I joke.

The fact that you're a law student who's looking at a minimum of close to a decade in poverty? I joke, I joke.

It hurts because it's true :P

It hurts because it's true :P

The life of loving Lady Justice and her friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

One lad in my year in college was always doing that. Was with his gf for 2 years+ before they broke up. A few others I've known as well would have the attitude "it's just the shift".

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that myself.

It's pretty unfortunate that it does happen. I knew a lad who was in a relationship. But had this weird agreement (which I don't think was agreed on) that When they weren't together they could sleep with anyone they wanted shift anyone they wanted. Needless to say it didn't work out. But ya some are just always at it. I'd shift anyone myself but imagine not in a relationship .

Bit of a random question, just wondering what are yeer opinions on this....

My friends and I have tended to notice there are alot of guys who are in relationships will try to/and get the shift in a nightclub (maybe lots of girls do this too, idk)

The last time I was in a club my friend saw a guy we both know shifting some randomer even tho hes been with his gf for 4 years, last year my flatmate caught her bf of only a few days shifting some randomer in the club and promptly broke up, my room mate last year caught her bf of now 3 years shifting someone the night (after) he had first asked her out.

So like what do yee make of that, does it happen really often, what would you do in that situation, it seems really common....

Think it's pretty common tbh. One of roommates recently had a girlfriend up the country where he came from, but basically every night he went out it was a mission to get the shift (minimum).

TBH I think that section of guys just don't want to be classed as "single", yet don't want to actually commit to something.
    Would yee consider it cheating, and breakup worthy?

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Would yee consider it cheating, and breakup worthy?

If it's a once off drunken mistake, it's forgivable. If it's something that's happening constantly or if it emerged that he/she deliberately went out that night looking for the shift it's unforgivable.

It is definitely cheating, I don't possibly see how anyone else could see it as anything else. 'It's just a shift' is a very childish attitude to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pollyannawins

if you knew your best friend was cheating on his long time girlfriend and she was in hospital with plague would you lmake a pass on her? any one else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pollyannawins

if you knew your best friend was cheating on his long time girlfriend and she was in hospital with plague would you lmake a pass on her? any one else have this problem?

this not to be 'unduly provocative or derogatory of other members' but to warn that we are getting dangerously off topic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why would you make a pass at someone who has the plague?! You'd end up turning into a zombie too! :eek:

Advertisement