Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The C&H relationshippy lovey dovey thread of love

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cinema bad. Dinner bad.
    Drink/Coffee/MiniGolf/MAny many other things good

/old and wise
    /hobbles out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Anything that involves the two of you in a typically romantic situation is bad. Also, nightclubs are VERY bad. *voice of experience*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Cinema bad. Dinner bad.
    Drink/Coffee/MiniGolf/MAny many other things good

/old and wise
    /hobbles out

Cinema can be ok as long as ye go for a drink or something afterwards. Dinner can just be awkward and there's always the 'should I pay for hers?' conundrum.

Ideally something which is a bit of fun and where you get to know the other person a bit can be best. A nightclub for a first date would just be disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

*grumble grumble* back in my day as a youngster the cinema was where we went if we were shifting someone, the idea was that by the end of the movie you wouldn't have had a clue what happened! I remember not watching The Boat That Rocked like it was yesterday...nostalgia <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The zoo!

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

A strip club.

Take them to Mars

deise_girl wrote: »
    The zoo!

lol

Dont knock the zoo. Its awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I met a girl for the" first date" as such recently
    she wanted to go get drinks. Met her in the place; all her friends were with her !. Was expecting some drink and chats one on one.
    kind of hard to talk to someone and get to know them when there's ten people having a conversation you can't join cause you don't know anything about that social circle.
    and then we ended up in Mollies. Ugh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The zoo is a fantastic day out for a date.

Molly's is only cool 9 months either side of the Leaving Cert. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I don't really know how to bring someone out. Most my dates go successful pick then up. Drive them around, go to Tesco stock up on goodies and go to the beach or by view and just talk the night out. Would find it awkward inviting them out for drink or something

Dont knock the zoo. Its awesome!

Ahh I was being #Cheeky
    Tiz where I went myself

An File wrote: »
    The zoo is a fantastic day out for a date.

Molly's is only cool 9 months either side of the Leaving Cert. :P

It's fine during the summer when the city is empty of students. The rest of the year though it's awful.

Ahh I was being #Cheeky
    Tiz where I went myself

Dawww. DGs got a boyfriend. DGs got a boyfriend.
    /runs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

and then we ended up in Mollies. Ugh.

Things have gone badly awry if you end up in Mollies.. *shudder*

Finally ended things with your one.
    everything went better than expected.
    Being completely honest with someone can mean they understand completely and take it well.
    who would have thought, eh?

Back on the market. I.e gonna spend my Friday nights on the couch once again and die alone :pac:

Well I've literally had my heart broken tonight :(

thelad95 wrote: »

I had them feels only 2 weeks ago friend. It gets better with time

I had them feels only 2 weeks ago friend. It gets better with time

I'm probably going to sound like a bit of a sap but anyway.. Shifted this girl a while back got her number and we've been talking for a few weeks. I thought it was building up to something but two days ago, she seemed a bit cold and then tonight no response at all. I know her phone isn't broken either because she's added stuff to her Snapchat story.

I'm probably going to sound like a bit of a sap but anyway.. Shifted this girl a while back got her number and we've been talking for a few weeks. I thought it was building up to something but two days ago, she seemed a bit cold and then tonight no response at all. I know her phone isn't broken either because she's added stuff to her Snapchat story.

Oh dude, I know it seems like a big deal now...but really sometimes these things just happen. I guarantee that you will end up doing the same thing to girls and it will probably happen again to you. You think things are going well and then boom...they show no interest. It hurts, I've been there myself many times.

The key here is not to keep on texting her, that will just annoy her...give her time, text her in a couple days. She may even contact you in the meantime and if she still doesn't reply in a few days then feck her she ain't worth it.

These things happen, but they make you stronger and wiser so when the next girl comes around, you've got the experience to handle it :)

Hope this helps bro, I'm hear for you! I thought I had a great thing going with a girl, we were together for maybe 6 months and then boom it ends from nowhere, it still hurts, but you just have to try and get on with it and try not to let it get you down too much.

• Advertisement

Things are going really well which scares me because yeah...I'm not good at relationships. But this is going well.

So anyway, herself just texted me saying she had no credit last night. Maybe I had over-reacted, I was having a few cans with my friends celebrating Irelands win so I was a bit drunk when I posted here but at the same time, colour me highly sceptical, I was never a fan of these games some people like to play.

Does anyone here have someone in their circle; say a work colleague or a friend of a friend who would tick a lot of boxes for you in who you look for in a relationship from the outside?.Not something so teenage as a crush. They're just cool,you know Yet, they are unavailable for whatever reason; in a relationship, you ain't their type, they aren't looking for the same thing at the minute etc.?
    Do any of you purposefully avoid being proper friends with them. Do you deliberately keep your contact to work, or meeting then via a mutual friend socially.doing this purposefully because the risk/reward ratio just isn't worth it.
    if you do have friends like this; does it bother you? Do you think about it a lot.? Or, is it easy to be just friends with them. After all you have lot's in common.

I seem to move from fling to fling almost seemlessly, as in I'll be with a girl and it'll be semi-serious, it ends...go out, get with a girl I know and start shifting her semi-seriously, then that ends eventually and the cycle continues...that has literally happened 5/6 times over the last 2 years...can't tell if good or bad thing, I never seem to be fully single...and I'm not like, boasting about this...I think I may genuinely not know how to handle being fully single so I sort of get into these relationships where I'm not exactly going out with the girl but it is a pretty regular thing...I confuse myself.

I tend to be single, get into a fairly serious relationship, dramatic break up, rinse, repeat. Now I'm in a semi-sorta-relationship thing? I'm fed up of really serious relationships, although that's probably my own fault, I usually end up with guys a few years older than me.

Not asking this in a bad way or anything but whats a not serious relationship?

I'd consider a non-serious relationship to either be one that's in the very early stages or one which involves casual hook-ups. Then again, I just got out of a 7 month relationship before Xmas and I'm not sure it ever got 'serious' as such.

I suppose it's hard to know but I think when you're in a serious relationship, you'll know you are.

I think it's when the big three letter sentences are said. Then you know that it's serious.

Although I still can't listen to that fcuking song thanks to him, so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Is kissing on the first date still a thing? it's just come so common now that if you don't nearly means they are not into you.

• Advertisement

Jhcx wrote: »
    Is kissing on the first date still a thing? it's just come so common now that if you don't nearly means they are not into you.

As a college student...what is this 'date' you speak of? :P

Advertisement