Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper Face Jacks..How does it stay open so late?

Options
  • 03-05-2012 8:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how this place seems to be the only latebar/club ive seen in the country that opens later than most

Altho the Gaiety Theatre i think had a 4am licence one time

Has Coppers a hotel licence or some old ballroom licence:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Whelans is staying up until around 3.30 on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Blame the guards for not shutting it down.:rolleyes:

it obviously has a special licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The government granted them an extra late license in reward for managing to keep all the arseholes of the country in the one place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

cursai wrote: »
    Blame the guards for not shutting it down.:rolleyes:

it obviously has a special licence.

Not blaming the Guards for anything?

Thats what im trying to find out

Im in pub trade and no one seems to know

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

SSSHHHHH you will ruin it for everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Because coppers is full of guards on the píss.

And Ban Gardaí :D.

So the cops leave Coppers alone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

sasta le wrote: »
    Copper Face Jacks..How does it stay open so late?

They keep the door open and keep serving.

Has any of the other clubs/late bars ever tryed to contest this?

Dublin Vintners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Has any of the other clubs/late bars ever tryed to contest this?

Dublin Vintners?

Why would Dublin Vintners try to contest one of their own being allowed to serve late? Makes no sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Why would Dublin Vintners try to contest one of their own being allowed to serve late? Makes no sense.

Makes plenty sense if what they are doing is illegal, anti competitive and unfair on their other members.

• Advertisement

If Coppers can stay open till 4am and even later then why do all other places close at 2.30/3am?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

I might be wrong here but is it not owned by an ex guard or something like that?

Someone once told me this was the reason why it was open so late.

I have also wondered how they get to stay open later than others.

But then again doesn't Bucks and other wine bars on Leeson street also stay open later then most as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

tunedout wrote: »
    Makes plenty sense if what they are doing is illegal, anti competitive and unfair on their other members.

You're presuming it is illegal. They might just have a licence that allows them to stay open that late.

That what im trying to find out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You're presuming it is illegal. They might just have a licence that allows them to stay open that late.

I didn't presume anything.

I think the legitimacy is what is trying to be established. I can understand why too, seeing that most other clubs don't stay open that late. Either they can't get the license or the have no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

It has been raided recently actually, just too many ppl there to take names and addresses lol. Some dude with red on his shoulders and lots of cops. I left fairly fast and didn't hear the outcome :)

It has been raided recently actually, just too many ppl there to take names and addresses lol. Some dude with red on his shoulders and lots of cops. I left fairly fast and didn't hear the outcome :)

You must have a connection to Coppers if this is your 1st post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You must have a connection to Coppers if this is your 1st post

I'd say if he had a connection to Coppers he'd know the outcome??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I heard that dublin is the only city in Ireland that Can get this sort of Late license, When i was living in Galway they tried to extend the 2am late bar but to no Avail.

I assume places just don't pay for the extra 2 hours late bar as they don't take the same income as they do for 12-2am.

I'd say if he had a connection to Coppers he'd know the outcome??? :rolleyes:

The way its stated makes it sound like Coppers does get raided as in they are treated the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

maximoose wrote: »
    The government granted them an extra late license in reward for managing to keep all the arseholes of the country in the one place.
    The govt ****ed up. The arseholes are roaming free across the entire country :(

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

maximoose wrote: »

That's Dail Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

I have no connection with coppers. I hate the place. By the way I only joined yesterday so 10/10 on realising its my first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

Lapin wrote: »
    Because coppers is full of guards on the píss.

And Ban Gardaí :D.

So the cops leave Coppers alone !
    and its owned by an ex-garda ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

nothing to do with guards, it has a licence same as bucks, leggs etc.. chip about the guards on a lot of peoples shoulders around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Don't they stop serving at 2.30am but stay open til 4am?

fwiw licensing hours in this country are a joke; ****ing everyone out onto the street at the same time when they're scuttered isn't the brightest of ideas.

Let pubs/clubs close when they want tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    nothing to do with guards, it has a licence same as bucks, leggs etc.. chip about the guards on a lot of peoples shoulders around here.

tbf it annoys me too when I'm in the queue and see a group of 5/6 lads rocking up and flashing the Garda badge to skip it.

GPA heads get in for free + skip too afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I was in Galway for my hen weekend recently we left the night club at closing time ( i presume about 2:30) went to the chipper and found coyotes still open on the way back to bed - went in and got served another 2 drinks - i think it was after 4 before we left :D so its not just coppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

D2 do this also, just across the street. More clubs should if possible, it alleviates the horrible mess at 3am if people have more time to drink stupid amounts in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

tunedout wrote: »

Why dont you ring them and ask them if they have a special license?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement