Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Integral 16GB UltimaPro SD Card Class 10 (20MB/s) - €11.23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

A 32gb card (MyMemory own brand) is exactly double the price, but has a (misleadingly?) higher write speed, almost twice as fast.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/MyMemory/MyMemory-32GB-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10

Just ordered this 32gb, shipping to Donegal is €2.43

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

TPD wrote: »
    A 32gb card (MyMemory own brand) is exactly double the price, but has a (misleadingly?) higher write speed, almost twice as fast.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/MyMemory/MyMemory-32GB-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10

Just ordered this 32gb, shipping to Donegal is €2.43

They're both Class 10, up to 20MB/s..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Just bought one. Works out at €13.66 with postage, still not a bad price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They're both Class 10, up to 20MB/s..
    Although both write at about 19 or 20MB/s, the MyMemory brand reads at 20MB/s and the other one reads at 10MB/s

Class 10 does not mean jack sh|t in reference to the read/write speed. For example this boasts a read or 30MB/s but only writes at 10MB/s.

Class 10 cards work well with Class 10 devices, but if you look into the read/write speeds, you'll get a Class 10 card that will work better for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

the_syco wrote: »
    Although both write at about 19 or 20MB/s, the MyMemory brand reads at 20MB/s and the other one reads at 10MB/s

Class 10 does not mean jack sh|t in reference to the read/write speed. For example this boasts a read or 30MB/s but only writes at 10MB/s.

Class 10 cards work well with Class 10 devices, but if you look into the read/write speeds, you'll get a Class 10 card that will work better for you.

Not quite, the mymemory writes at 19mb/s and the integral at 10mb/s, both read at 20mb/s.
    Write speed is what I'd imagine most people would be going for, for use in digital cameras / camcorders etc.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TPD wrote: »
    Not quite, the mymemory writes at 19mb/s and the integral at 10mb/s, both read at 20mb/s.
    Write speed is what I'd imagine most people would be going for, for use in digital cameras / camcorders etc.
    Got them mixed up :o but yeah; got the fastest writing card that I could which was within budget for my Canon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks OP. Picked one up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boru05

Hey folks,

Just for info - I was comparing other cards and 7dayshop are the exact same price (£8.99) with a higher write speed (12Mb/s as opposed to 10 Mb/s)

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=111471

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

How would this work in your normal smart phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Way too big to fit...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

Yer all wrong!!!! :)

theres 2 things to look out for in memory cards.

Sequential read write and random read write.

Sequential read write is basically transferring "larger" files. As in, maintaining minimum speeds for the transfer speed.
    This is what the CLASS is based upon.

Random read write is writing/reading small bits of data very often. For most devices this is the important factor.

If you go for a higher class then your sequential read write rate will drastically reduce. This will slow down any application that is using the memory card

I assume that most people here are buying these cards for yer phones? If thats the case . Then you dont want a class ten.
    A class 4 such as the sandisk 32gb class 4 or a sandisk 32gb ultra (class 6) if you dont mind paying premium for the new style card, will be the best options.

iknorr wrote: »
    Yer all wrong!!!! :)

theres 2 things to look out for in memory cards.

Sequential read write and random read write.

Sequential read write is basically transferring "larger" files. As in, maintaining minimum speeds for the transfer speed.
    This is what the CLASS is based upon.

Random read write is writing/reading small bits of data very often. For most devices this is the important factor.

If you go for a higher class then your sequential read write rate will drastically reduce. This will slow down any application that is using the memory card

I assume that most people here are buying these cards for yer phones? If thats the case . Then you dont want a class ten.
    A class 4 such as the sandisk 32gb class 4 or a sandisk 32gb ultra (class 6) if you dont mind paying premium for the new style card, will be the best options.

No. Cameras.

I use the 32 MyMemory branded card and it's fine with RAW files at 4fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just bought one for my camera. Will see how it is, but for the money, it's not bad at all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Will these work fine in a Nintendo 3DS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

FutureGuy wrote: »

Do you mean using R4 ?
    Then NOOO, you'll brick your 3DS I believe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pique wrote: »
    Do you mean using R4 ?
    Then NOOO, you'll brick your 3DS I believe.

No I mean that the 3DS has a slot for these kind of cards to boost the storage on the system. The 2GB card that I have is laughably small!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Slightly cheaper than this one here: http://www.gizzmoheaven.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-16GB-USB-Flash-Drive/s199380/c1336/Product.html
    About €12 delivered

Get 15% off at Gizzmo Heaven when you pay using PayPal.
    Enter the offer code 'PAYPAL15' at checkout. Offer ends 31 May 2012.
    Sold by: Gizzmo Heaven
    Offer code: PAYPAL15
    You can also use the code for buying other stuffs at Gizzmo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That's a flash drive, completely different product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Feck, Sorry.

I read a Memory Key thread here a few days back and presumed this was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

These guys are worth a look this they work out cheaper with free shipping
    http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/sdsecuredigital.html#Capacity=16GB&page=0

also Irish I believe.

Advertisement