Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Brokers

Options
  • 03-05-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Just wondering about something, if you go to a broker and you end up being declined at a certain institution, is the decline recorded on the institutions system? The reason I ask is because I have been declined* by my own bank with whom I have a great relationship. When I spoke to them in branch they knew nothing about the application and suggested I apply directly to them. Any ideas?

*The reason given for the decline was completely ludicrous imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

It depends on how far the previous application got. If it was declined before getting input onto their computer system, there you go. But if it got fully assessed before being declined, there would be a record both on the bank's own computer system and also possibly a record of any enquiry to the Irish Credit Bureau.

Advertisement