Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum Requested for the problem of Bullying

• 03-05-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

This has been requested under forum requests.

Any Internet forum that does not have a forum to deal with the problem of bullying in my view is not a credible forum

To quote a former forum Moderator.

"Forum bullying or cyber bullying has become a widespread issue throughout the Internet. It has various guises. Difficult enough dealing with the usual spammers and trolls, but that was nothing compared to having to deal with already established members with high post counts and years of knowing each other in that forum.
    Well, I can deal with bullies on forums, trolls and the like a lot easier if I didn't have to worry about the forum administrators protecting them! That's the real issue here. I get tired of myself and others being dismissed as oversensitive or censored when we fight back against these bullies. So much for free speech!"

Support the Request.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

+1

i love a bit of bullying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

That sounds like someone may have some problems to deal with that could be looking for advice, which is why there's Personal Issues.

we have the thunderdome for this kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

on first thought, I would support it.
    on second thought - there is a very good chance that forum could become a fighting ground where people who have a grudge would come to complain and accuse of bullying posters who didn't agree with them.
    there's enough muppets on the boards who believe that they are under attack and being bullied the moment someone else doesn't agree with them.
    as a result, I would prefer if real trolling, bullying and nasty anonymous attacks were sorted out as it usual. I think the Board Admins are usually very effective in it.

also
    Xenophile wrote: »
    ... So much for free speech!
    there is no free speech on Boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

haminka wrote: »
    on first thought, I would support it.
    on second thought - there is a very good chance that forum could become a fighting ground where people who have a grudge would come to complain and accuse of bullying posters who didn't agree with them.
    there's enough muppets on the boards who believe that they are under attack and being bullied the moment someone else doesn't agree with them.
    as a result, I would prefer if real trolling, bullying and nasty anonymous attacks were sorted out as it usual. I think the Board Admins are usually very effective in it.

It would need very good Moderators, and should get them. The problem is not going to go away and has to be dealt with in an effective way.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This isn't the Forum Requests Forum. If you want to discuss the merits of your idea, do it there.

But I'll leave this thread here, so that people know where the discussion: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056622207

[/Locked]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement