Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenacious D - Rize Of The Fenix

Options
  • 03-05-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Has anybody heard the new album? I thinks its brilliant, great return to form, can't wait to see this stuff live.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wasn't too impressed to be honest. I've only given it 2 listens so far so it might grow on me but on first listening I don't rate it too highly.

Maybe I'm getting old but i didnt find the 'humour' very funny (although the flutes and saxophone skit is good)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Been looking forward to it for a while, but haven't had the chance to listen to it yet. As long as it's funny and a bit of craic to sing along to, I'll be happy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Given it a listen, not as good as the previous 2 albums imo.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

This is the funniest music video I've seen in years... as far as I'm concerned the D is most certainly back.

And for the record, "queltched" is a fantastic neologism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Given it a listen, not as good as the previous 2 albums imo.

I'd be inclined to agree unfortunately funny thing is they start off this album takin swipes at their own last record and they're gonna rize they'll leave Arcade Fire for dust etc. they don't back up their claims to even better POD in my opinion after 3 listens I haven't attached to anything would like to as I'll be seeing them during the summer. They have a website with it streaming for anyone interested http://rizeofthefenix.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'd regard myself as a fan, have been since the first album. I listened to the samples on iTunes yesterday and thought it was the same as the first two !!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

I tend to agree with Jack; the new album is not so good compared to the earlier ones. I have listened to all the songs in the album and I am pretty sure the songs are not "funny". Besides one or two songs, every one of them suck (for me).

And yes, in response to the leak of one of the songs on youtube, they decided to provide the songs for free streaming. You can stream them online at http://www.rizeofthefenix.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I loved their first album but everything since has been a disappointment. Give me Steel Panther any day

Advertisement