Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i entitled to Refund or Only Credit Note?

Options
  • 03-05-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi I bought some light fittings that the electrician said were quite a pain to fit.
    I have the receipt and Invoice. The store say they can only give me a credit note. The goods are perfect and have not been touched. They dont really have anything else i want unfortunatly. I was just wondering would i be entitled to a refund? If not, no big deal as I guess i can sell them on ebay or gumtree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

If there is nothing wrong with the product anything they give you is in good faith.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They don't have to accept back the items at all in this case as the reason for the return is a change of mind,

iits goodwill if they give you a credit note as such I'd take it as they don't have to give you a thing and can just refuse to accept them back....or just sell em on ebay or whatever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

In short No..
    As the item is not faulty and works as described you are not entitled to any comeback.
    The shop in this case are offering far more (a credit note) than they are legally obliged to provide. Fair play to them, although obviously it doesn't help you much.

Although it might be a pain for the electrician to fit... why doesn't he just fit them?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

ah cool cool Ill use them somehow was jus wondering more so for future reference too. I should have consulted the sparks before i went gallivanting lol thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

ah cool cool Ill use them somehow was jus wondering more so for future reference too. I should have consulted the sparks before i went gallivanting lol thanks everyone

Well that clears that up then. Few pints? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement