Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players arriving at Old Trafford

• 03-05-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Guys, Heading to the Man Utd match at the weekend so I'm trying to find out some info regarding the players arriving at the stadium. Have we any chance of seeing anyone? Where should we go to have the best chance?Many thanks. (I know this should be in the soccer forum but Im not allowed to post in there, Can Mods direct this to where it should be) Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the problem with arsenal is they just try and walk it in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

FatherLen wrote: »

Is the IT crowd the new Father Ted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

willie joe wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Heading to the Man Utd match at the weekend so I'm trying to find out some info regarding the players arriving at the stadium. Have we any chance of seeing anyone? Where should we go to have the best chance?Many thanks. (I know this should be in the soccer forum but Im not allowed to post in there, Can Mods direct this to where it should be) Many thanks.

up your hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Do you want to see the match too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Find out where they live.
    Wait for them in their bedrooms.
    Guaranteed autograph.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Bloody tourist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Find out where they live.
    Wait for them in their bedrooms.
    Guaranteed autograph.

Good luck finding one who can write.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What was Wenger thinking, sending Walcott on that early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's a funny name Manchester United because if ever a city was more split over sports it's Manchester. But yet Utd. continually try to convince people that the whole city's behind them when it's not.

Half the city follow Shamrock Rovers don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

try supporting your local loi side instead of swanning over to old trafford once a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

rabble rabble rabble ANTI BRIT SENTIMENT rabble rabble rabble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nal wrote: »
    try supporting your local loi side instead of swanning over to old trafford once a year.

But Premiership players are FAMOUS :(

Anyway that local stuff is never on in the pub

Bet you wish you had access to the soccer forum now Willie Joe.

Bambi wrote: »
    But Premiership players are FAMOUS :(

Anyway that local stuff is never on in the pub

Scientists are FAMOUS too but you don't see people complaining that nobody's supporting their own local Scientists.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's a funny name Manchester United because if ever a city was more split over sports it's Manchester. But yet Utd. continually try to convince people that the whole city's behind them when it's not.

Half the city follow Shamrock Rovers don't they?
    What are you talking about? It has been proven that United have more season tickets that live within the M post code than City. Obviously United get their fair share of out of towners too but that's not the point you're making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    What was Wenger thinking, sending Walcott on that early?

Your guide to football parlance...

http://bluffball.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

<insert humourous post here>

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willie joe

Bet you wish you had access to the soccer forum now Willie Joe. I was expecting more of a laugh from the non interested posters out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Is the IT crowd the new Father Ted?

Go on *looks at book* my son

• Advertisement

cournioni wrote: »
    What are you talking about? It has been proven that United have more season tickets that live within the M post code than City. Obviously United get their fair share of out of towners too but that's not the point you're making.

I was making fun of the fact that they have 'United' in the name but there's two big teams in Manchester. Then I deliberately got it wrong to p*ss people off.

This isn't Soccer - I don't have to make any valid points at all.

Personally I think Fabergas should never have left Man City to go to United with Andy Carroll. Biggest mistake he ever made, eh eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

In before the prawn sandwich remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Nal wrote: »

There's plenty who do both.

you wanna get to mos eisley early to see the players heading in, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

*insert comment here on why it's bad to support united and how you should swallow your enjoyment to watch the excruciating spectacle that is league of ireland football*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Cokeistan wrote: »
    *insert comment here on why it's bad to support united and how you should swallow your enjoyment to watch the excruciating spectacle that is league of ireland football*

Jesus Wept.

gustavo wrote: »
    Jesus Wept.

Who's he play for?

Who's he play for?

Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Who's he play for?
    Jesus Wept.

He was suppose to play for United but didnt know where the players enter the stadium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

cournioni wrote: »

In the 2007 Premier League survey, Manchester City fans, on average travelled 44 miles to see Manchester City play at home compared with United fans who travel 77 miles to see United play at Old Trafford, by far the highest of any fans in the Premier League and well above the average of 47 miles and importantly well above City's average of 44 miles.:pac:

;)

• Advertisement

If united ever go crap again all their blow in fans will just switch to a team doing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Let me just clarify a few things here.

Manchester United do have fans in Manchester.

The population of the City of Manchester is around 430,000

The population of the county of Greater Manchester (like the county of Yorkshire, Cumbria, Cheshire or Cornwall for example) is 2.5million.

The City of Manchester and the County of Greater Manchester are two completely different things.

Manchester United are not based in Manchester, but the Borough of Trafford. They pay dividends to Trafford City Council. They answer to Trafford Court. They may have a Manchester Postcode but then so does most of the districts and boroughs in Gtr Manchester when the county was created by the government in 1972, doesn't mean they are part of the City of Manchester, like Manchester City are (the clue is in the name).

For example Tranmere Rovers have a Cheshire postcode...i rest my case.

Newton Heath was not based in Manchester when Newton Heath L&YR FC were formed but added much later as another district of the city. 18 years later United moved OUT of the Manchester border to nearby Trafford. Think Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes.

Manchester City are statistically, geologically and officially the ONLY club based in and for the City of Manchester. Man United MAY be the choice of club for many Mancunians, but they are fooling themselves if they think they are even remotely supporting the club of 'their' city.

For example the Manchester City Council REFUSE to allow United to adopt the crest of Manchester as their club badge. Manchester City are allowed permission to use the crest at any time but not for revenue purposes which is what prompted the original 'round' badge and then the subsequent current design. City use the crest of Manchester for Cup finals. Example in 1980 City had their 'round' badge on their shirts until the final where they wore the crest of Manchester.

So yes, let's put to bed the myth that United fans don't come from Manchester ONLY if the United fans are willing to accept the truth that the club, Man Utd FC ISN'T based or connected to the CITY of Manchester.

Tit for tat.

In the 2007 Premier League survey, Manchester City fans, on average travelled 44 miles to see Manchester City play at home compared with United fans who travel 77 miles to see United play at Old Trafford, by far the highest of any fans in the Premier League and well above the average of 47 miles and importantly well above City's average of 44 miles.:pac:

;)

That's dedication for you.

summerskin wrote: »
    Man Utd FC ISN'T... connected to the CITY of Manchester.

Hmmm.

Hmmm.

It's a fact. I'm from Great Manchester(but not the city of Manchester) myself and it's long been a good way to wind up the "Stretford Celtic" fans. Not that I'm a fan of either of them, Oldham Athletic all the way for me.

That's why City did the "Welcome to Manchester" billboard for Tevez, it's a good dig at the outsiders..........

• Advertisement

Whilst it may not be officially linked to the city of Manchester, for the vast majority of fans from outside the UK, it is inextricably linked.

Whilst it may not be officially linked to the city of Manchester, for the vast majority of fans from outside the UK, it is inextricably linked.

That's because they have no knowledge of the history of the club, nor any real connection to Manchester or the team.

They like trophies, simple as that.

summerskin wrote: »
    Let me just clarify a few things here.

Manchester United do have fans in Manchester.

The population of the City of Manchester is around 430,000

The population of the county of Greater Manchester (like the county of Yorkshire, Cumbria, Cheshire or Cornwall for example) is 2.5million.

The City of Manchester and the County of Greater Manchester are two completely different things.

Manchester United are not based in Manchester, but the Borough of Trafford. They pay dividends to Trafford City Council. They answer to Trafford Court. They may have a Manchester Postcode but then so does most of the districts and boroughs in Gtr Manchester when the county was created by the government in 1972, doesn't mean they are part of the City of Manchester, like Manchester City are (the clue is in the name).

For example Tranmere Rovers have a Cheshire postcode...i rest my case.

Newton Heath was not based in Manchester when Newton Heath L&YR FC were formed but added much later as another district of the city. 18 years later United moved OUT of the Manchester border to nearby Trafford. Think Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes.

Manchester City are statistically, geologically and officially the ONLY club based in and for the City of Manchester. Man United MAY be the choice of club for many Mancunians, but they are fooling themselves if they think they are even remotely supporting the club of 'their' city.

For example the Manchester City Council REFUSE to allow United to adopt the crest of Manchester as their club badge. Manchester City are allowed permission to use the crest at any time but not for revenue purposes which is what prompted the original 'round' badge and then the subsequent current design. City use the crest of Manchester for Cup finals. Example in 1980 City had their 'round' badge on their shirts until the final where they wore the crest of Manchester.

So yes, let's put to bed the myth that United fans don't come from Manchester ONLY if the United fans are willing to accept the truth that the club, Man Utd FC ISN'T based or connected to the CITY of Manchester.

Tit for tat.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad224/orangehelmet/166317_187537041274080_100000533553575_650894_1942156_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

willie joe wrote: »

the players normally arrive at the ground about 3 hours before kick off and entrace is where the south and west stands meet. they do not sign aotographs before games.

both teams leave the same gate after game is over and if you want about 30 mins, you will get sorted. just keep out of the way of the korens who descend there in numbers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Jesus Wept.
    Who's he play for?

Bethlehem Wanderers

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Bethlehem Wanderers

He was a keeper not great on the crosses though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Locking this before it turns into the clusterfuck that it's destined to become.

Please keep soccer-related threads in the Soccer forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement