Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing my address

Options
  • 03-05-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Just about to move out of my parents home in a few days but was wondering how i go about letting my bank and other institutions know about my new address ?

Would they usually say something like to show them a bill or something with your new address on it with your name ??

That should be ok should it ?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

May vary from place to place, but most will accept a change of address by letter signed by yourself, some by phone. I can't imagine them looking for proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

They look for proof now. Update criminal justice act. To save bother phone telephone banking and they can do it over phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The "proof" requirement is not mandatory. The decision lies with the individual bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Any bank Ive ever changed addresses with Ive always had to provide proof. And Ive been with the major two, and one other intitution in my time.

Advertisement