Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Quota

Options
  • 03-05-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I was just looking at the Canadian Embassy's website and noticed that there's only 600 IEC visas left, I could have sworn that number was nearly 2000 only last week??

Does anyone know when they reduce the quota?? Is it when the barcodes are scanned in, when they conditionnally accept you, or when you recieve your LOI??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

johnt91 wrote: »
    I was just looking at the Canadian Embassy's website and noticed that there's only 600 IEC visas left, I could have sworn that number was nearly 2000 only last week??

Does anyone know when they reduce the quota?? Is it when the barcodes are scanned in, when they conditionnally accept you, or when you recieve your LOI??

It was 1,500 last week.

The number drops when you get the 'Conditional Acceptance' e-mail. If people are rejected at that point, or fail to pay & submit the correct information it goes back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

the number drops when they scan the barcodes in your application package. you then get your first contact from them stating your WTN number. which is a number less on the quota.

if at any time between getting conditional acceptance and getting your work permit they find a problem, your application will be rejected and the quota goes back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

will they add extra allocation on when this one runs out?or thats it again till next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

snoopmadra wrote: »
    will they add extra allocation on when this one runs out?or thats it again till next year?

As things stand now, no they won't add anymore. I don't think there's much reason for them to either. If they did it for Ireland they'd have every other country wanting special treatment!

Advertisement