Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Kerry Fly Infestation of 2012

Options
  • 03-05-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

What's with all the flies ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Usually a sign of the devil being nearby, if you see four horsemen anywhere, run!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There must be a lot of sh1t around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

kingdumb wrote: »
    What's with all the flies ?

Its nuts! They're all over the place. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I know its like snakes on a plane

except its flies in a house

in fact I've had it these flies in this mother****ing house! *rolls up newspaper. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Have just tried Tesco in Manor for fly spray completely sold out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I blame the EU allowing all of these flies into the country, there was never a problem before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I heard that there was something disturbed at the dump, I had put it down to the weather yesterday though

I heard that there was something disturbed at the dump, I had put it down to the weather yesterday though

You are right. Someone ****ed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Indeed:

03 May 2012
    Council admits North Kerry fly infestation was caused by work at its landfill

Kerry County Council has admitted that a fly infestation problem which has caused havoc for householders in North Kerry in recent days, was most likely caused by work currently being carried out at its landfill site at Muingnaminnane. Council workers using tracking machines to cover a cell at the landfill site, have inadvertently disturbed vast numbers of flies, who have multiplied in the rising temperatures of recent days. Householders in the greater Ballymacelligott and Tralee areas appear to be worst affected by the infestation. Council spokesman Padraig Corkery, says the council is doing everything to bring the problem under control. Ballymacelligott resident Noel Keane, however, believes the council should have taken action earlier.

Source: http://radiokerry.ie/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

sheesh wrote: »

in fact I've had it these flies in this mother****ing house! *rolls up newspaper. :D

Nah. The hoover is your only man for this problem. Sucks the little fcku-ers up before they know what's hit 'em. Although, the chap walking past my house was giving me some right quare looks as he saw me hoovering the air in my living room!:p I must get some nets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

We normally have some spiders in the house for that sort of thing, as I went around last night, there weren't any spiders. Pity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

1. Catch them
    2. Train them
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Bet spiders are having the time of their life right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Yakult wrote: »
    1. Catch them
    2. Train them
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Bet spiders are having the time of their life right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Chiliroses

Putting vinegar near the windows is a great job to keep them away, at least if they're not inside it's not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

What are ye on about? I see hardly no flies :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Lia_lia wrote: »

Lucky You!!! I can share some of mine if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Video's would be appreciated...:cool:

charlemont wrote: »
    Video's would be appreciated...:cool:

Any flies in the mountains of Morocco??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

tvercetti wrote: »
    Any flies in the mountains of Morocco??

Only Weed, So the Flies don't tend to move much !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Killarney is grand, Farranfore is pretty bad, Tralee is swarming in the things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'm in the Oakpark area in Tralee and haven't noticed an increase in flies around here.

Adiboo wrote: »
    I'm in the Oakpark area in Tralee and haven't noticed an increase in flies around here.

There probably scared of the place.

TBH I haven't seen much difference either, and iv been almost everywhere in the county in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Adiboo wrote: »

I was at home over the weekend in Oakpark, and the place was infested! Ridiculous amounts of flies everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Okay I see what ye mean now in the past 2 or 3 weeks they are bloody everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Okay I see what ye mean now in the past 2 or 3 weeks they are bloody everywhere!

I'm not sure they are the same. Right now we have plenty of midges (or whatever they are called) in the house. They are annoying at night because of the noise they make when flying past your ear, but at least they don't seem to bite or sting. Different from the flies last may, though...

Advertisement