Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PWBoards top 100 wrestlers

• 03-05-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Seeing as the draft is finished and ATH isn't happening, how would people feel about compiling a list of the top 100 pro wrestlers ...ever!

Blatantly ripping this from the horror board's definitive top 100 horror films: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055881746

The idea would be that the list of wrestlers is not ranked in any order, just a list of wrestlers that people feel are the best pro wrestlers. So people would nominate wrestlers, preferably one at a time, giving a reason why they feel this wrestler deserves to be included.

Once enough people have been nominated, posters could debate who should be taken out and replaced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I do not envy whoever's going to try organise this! Might be easier to ask people to give their top 30 wrestlers in order of preference and compile them on a points system......which would also be a pain in the neck. But good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

It could be done similar to the way the top 30 scenes of Lost were picked in the Lost forum after the show finished: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055936610

Every one pick like their top 20 or 30 superstars wrestlers, with points allocated to each position. Eg, 1st gets 20 points, next 5 get 15, next 10 get 10 points, and so on.

Then once all the points are allocated, the ranking of each wrestler can be made up by points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It could be done similar to the way the top 30 scenes of Lost were picked in the Lost forum after the show finished: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055936610

Every one pick like their top 20 or 30 superstars wrestlers, with points allocated to each position. Eg, 1st gets 20 points, next 5 get 15, next 10 get 10 points, and so on.

Then once all the points are allocated, the ranking of each wrestler can be made up by points.
    I did one on another forum before and used a similar method to this. 20 wrestlers in order. 1st gets 20 points, 2nd gets 19 etc etc. Pretty easy to keep track of assuming people read the rules and do it properly. 20 is hard enough to decide, 100 would be pushing it. Maybe display the top 100 wrestlers, but only have votes for 20 each.
    Bret Hart won the one I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

100 would be a big task, I can find it tough to get the time to do the top 25 Irish guys each year, but it can be done. And it's a list Id love to see, esecially to see who makes numbers 50-100 because that could be a great nostalgia buzz!

To be honest I think sending in 20 names alone won't get you 100 names, because the guys in the top 10 at least will be on almost everyone's list. Maybe if people sent in their top 40 and submitted a paragraph or two for their top 20 names you could get the 100 names.

If you need a hand I'm finished with the Household Charge job this month so I'll have free time again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Currently active or of all time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

great idea dont think I could name a 100 but defo would be able to list 30 - 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The idea would be that the list of wrestlers is not ranked in any order, just a list of wrestlers that people feel are the best pro wrestlers.

Ah ya'd need to have an order, otherwise it wouldn't be as interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If you need a hand I'm finished with the Household Charge job this month so I'll have free time again

Some people did actually pay the household charge?! :eek:

Charisteas wrote: »

Some people did actually pay the household charge?! :eek:

The stuff I could tell ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Ah ya'd need to have an order, otherwise it wouldn't be as interesting!

Yeah ... I'm thinking that now...
    Currently active or of all time?

Of all time ... posters would have to post their personal top 20, from any period they like.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I did one on another forum before and used a similar method to this. 20 wrestlers in order. 1st gets 20 points, 2nd gets 19 etc etc. Pretty easy to keep track of assuming people read the rules and do it properly. 20 is hard enough to decide, 100 would be pushing it. Maybe display the top 100 wrestlers, but only have votes for 20 each.
    Bret Hart won the one I did.

Both scoring systems are good ... I think I'll go for Chopper's, where there's just a difference of 1 pt between each choice:
    first gets 20, second gets 19, third gets 18 .... twentieth gets 1point.

Ideally people will give explanations for some of their choices .. just to for a bit of fun ... but that's not compulsory. Probably not necessary to have a voting thread and a discussion thread.

I think a three week time limit to get the votes from everyone who fancies taking part ...

If we don't get 100 wrestlers nominated/voted on, I'll reduce reduce it to 50 or 75 depending...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah ... I'm thinking that now...

Of all time ... posters would have to post their personal top 20, from any period they like.

Both scoring systems are good ... I think I'll go for Chopper's, where there's just a difference of 1 pt between each choice:
    first gets 20, second gets 19, third gets 18 .... twentieth gets 1point.

Ideally people will give explanations for some of their choices .. just to for a bit of fun ... but that's not compulsory. Probably not necessary to have a voting thread and a discussion thread.

I think a three week time limit to get the votes from everyone who fancies taking part ...

If we don't get 100 wrestlers nominated/voted on, I'll reduce reduce it to 50 or 75 depending...

Did something similar myself with the American top 30, the number was decided by the amount of votes really. (should be in the hot links sticky and il add this beside it if it woks out).

I like this idea and will def submit a top 20, also like how its personal favourites as that should lead to more diversity than a best wrestler list which would obviously see the same guys always fill the majority of top spots.

The only thing I'm unsure of is whether people should post their top 20 here ... or message me with their nominations.

The only advantage to pm'ing me their top 20 is that the results will be kept secret until I do the full top 100 list.

The only thing I'm unsure of is whether people should post their top 20 here ... or message me with their nominations.

The only advantage to pm'ing me their top 20 is that the results will be kept secret until I do the full top 100 list.

in that thread I meantioned above I allowed both that way people couldnt just read the thread and know who won outright before the reveal as there would always be the pmd vote (but maybe you dont want so many pms). Doing it that way might atleast bump this thread which could then double as a discussion thread.

Well, may as well get this started so. I'm going on holiday on the 23rd May, so I'll set a time limit of one month from today. (If that's not too long). Plenty of time for people to get their nominations in.

I'd ask that people put their nominations in order of preference from 1 to 20 (so 1 is the person who gets most points, 20 gets the least points).

Pts will be awarded in the following fashion: number 1 nomination gets 20pts, number 2 gets 19pts, .... 20 gets 1pt

Any wrestler can be nominated no matter where and when they worked.

Determining why a wrestler is better than another is up to you, it can be based on titles, achievements, sell rates, match quality, promo quality, or anything else you can think of. If you want to nominate Scotty Too Hotty because you the worm made you laugh, then there's nothing wrong with that.

You can nominate in the thread here, or by pming me.

IF I don't get 100 wrestlers nominated I may reduce it to 75 / 50.

And feel free to discuss different wrestlers and their worthiness to being included or not here too, just make sure to be civil.

Links you might find helpful in making your decisions:

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/bios/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/883620-the-100-greatest-wrestlers-of-all-time

http://www.ugo.com/tv/ugos-top-50-wrestlers-of-all-time

I'll throw in my top 20. This was harder to come up with than I first realised and a couple of people were thrown in and thrown out a few times.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin ... His able to connect with the crowds and make them care about him, and his matches, with great mic skills, charisma, and underrated in ring ability. Helped turn a company on the verge of bankruptcy into a dominant billion dollar corporation.

2. The Rock ... Came to prominence just after Stone Cold turned WWE’s fortunes around, like Austin was able to connect with the crowds. Either one of these top two could carry a company, the two together made for some amazing matches.

3. Ric Flair ... Put on great matches, connected with crowds, brilliant heel, but was a bit of a spectator as others revolutionised the industry.

4. Shawn Michaels ... Great all rounder, great matches, charisma, everything you’d want in a wrestlers, but while he was on top WWE went very close to going under.

5. The Undertaker .... Possibly the greatest “big man” of all time. Has dominated WWE for two decades, has been able to adapt his style with age, consistently putting on great matches.

6. Sting

7. Kurt Angle

8. Terry Funk

9. Harley Race

10. Hulk Hogan ... Helped revolutionise the industry in the 80’s, would be well higher if it hadn’t been for everything he’s done since then.

11. Randy Savage

12. Roddy Piper

13. Eddie Guerrero

14. Bret Hart ... Down the list as he was on top in WWE at a time when the company became very close to going under, and he always grated with me a bit.

15. Chris Benoit

16. Andre The Giant

17. Dory Funk Jr

18. Mick Foley

19. Curt Hennig

20. Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

My top 20

1.Chris Jericho
    2.Shawn Micheals
    3.CM Punk
    4.Ric Flair
    5.Undertaker
    6.Steve Austin
    7.Jerry Lawler
    8.Road Warriors
    9.Roddy Piper
    10.Eddie Guerrero
    11.AJ Styles
    12.Triple H
    13.Mick Foley
    14.Randy Savage
    15.Bret Hart
    16.Ricky Steamboat
    17.Bryan Danielson
    18.Razor Ramon
    19.Jeff Hardy
    20.Hulk Hogan

Hadn't thought of people including tag teams. This was intended single wrestlers ... but my first reaction would be to allow the Road Warriors as a special case. I can think of no other team that have had such an impact on pro wrestling, and are so linked together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Here's my list:

1. The Rock - He was on fire when i first got into watching full time. Still gets an awesome reaction today.

2. The Undertaker - What can I say about this legend....star of the past 4 Wrestlemanias.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Attitude era defined.

4. Edge - Been an edge-head since he broke away into singles competition.

5. Chris Jericho - Under rated at times, but still one of the best performers around.

6. Shawn Michaels - Paved the way for the likes of Edge, Jericho and Ziggler.

7. HHH - He may be a dick behind the scenes, but on-screen and in the ring he is one of the best.

8. Chris Benoit - Excluding what happened in his last days, he is one of, if not the best technical wrestler ever.

9. Bret Hart - Need i say anymore :cool:

10. Ric Flair - The Nature Boy stood the test of time in the ring and on the mic.

11. Kurt Angle.

12. John Cena.

13. Hulk Hogan.

14. Jeff Hardy.

15. CM Punk.

16. JBL/Bradshaw.

17. Christian.

18. Eddie Guerrero.

19. Shane McMahon.

20. Rob Van Dam.

Here's my list:
    1. The Rock - He was on fire when i first got into watching full time. Still gets an awesome reaction today.
    2. The Undertaker - What can I say about this legend....star of the past 4 Wrestlemanias.
    3. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Attitude era defined.
    4. Edge - Been an edge-head since he broke away into singles competition.
    5. Chris Jericho - Under rated at times, but still one of the best performers around.
    6. Shawn Michaels - Paved the way for the likes of Edge, Jericho and Ziggler.
    7. HHH - He may be a dick behind the scenes, but on-screen and in the ring he is one of the best.
    8. Chris Benoit - Excluding what happened in his last days, he is one of, if not the best technical wrestler ever.
    9. Bret Hart - Need i say anymore :cool:
    10. Ric Flair - The Nature Boy stood the test of time in the ring and on the mic.
    11. Kurt Angle.
    12. John Cena.
    13. Hulk Hogan.
    14. Jeff Hardy.
    15. CM Punk.

17. Christian.
    18. Eddie Guerrero.
    19. Shane McMahon.
    20. Rob Van Dam.

Good list! Although I think there's a missing entry at no. 16 ...

Good list! Although I think there's a missing entry at no. 16 ...

Maybe he did that on purpose like in the Royal Rumble when someone's music hits but they don't appear. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    Maybe he did that on purpose like in the Royal Rumble when someone's music hits but they don't appear. :pac:

Buzzz! entrant no.30 is the Big Show ah FFS what a huge letdown. Anyway i'm drawing up a list i'm 2-3 off it I have snubbed a few as I never seen enough of them in their peak.

fairly sure ill have forgotten someone who had to make my list but here it goes anyway:

1.Undertaker
    2.Mick Foley
    3.SCSA
    4.The Rock
    5.Kurt Angle
    6.HBK
    7. SHane McMahon
    8.Vince McMahon
    9.Bret Hart
    10.Eddie Guerrero
    11.Macho Man
    12.Brock Lesnar
    13.Chris Jericho
    14.HHH
    15.CM punk
    16.The Iron Shiek
    17.Roddy Piper
    18.Bryan Danielson
    19.Ken Shamrock
    20. Goldberg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I defo know who will be my no. 1 :p just need to narrow down now top 20

fairly sure ill have forgotten someone who had to make my list but here it goes anyway:

I think I'll still have to make you shorten your list to 20 ... from the 24 listed ....

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I defo know who will be my no. 1 :p just need to narrow down now top 20

Christian is no.1-20 so.
    I promise not to put Madison Rayne in mine :-)

I'm going to rank this not as who I think the 20 greatest of all time are, but the 20 who I enjoyed watching the most, hence why some large names won't be on my list.

1) The Dynamite Kid: Untouchable when it came wrestling. The man was years ahead of his time and, although often copied, noone has come close to matching his skill. Yes, he wasn't the most charasmatic man on the microphone, but he didn't need to be. He left it all in the ring, and could get a great match out of anyone. Even the Nasty Boys.

l_dynamite-kid-in-japan-2-dvd-set-british-bulldogs-wwf-2c795.jpg

2) Chris Benoit: I never get sick of watching Benoits matches. Yes, he did ruin his public image during that horrible weekend, but it is important to understand that I'm talking about Benoit the wrestler, not the man. Benoit was the closest we ever got to someone matching Kid. The list of classic matches he had over his career just go on and on, it's near impossible to point to one and say it's his best match, because they are all of such a high quality.

3) "The Macho Man" Randy Savage: Do I need to explain? Randy was the total package. He could deliver in the ring, was great on the mic and was, above all else, something very special that could never be replicated. Some wrestlers come along that have that something special that you can't point out that makes them a star, and Randy had it in large numbers.

4) Mitsuhara Misawa

5) Shawn Michaels

6) Austin Aries

7) HHH

8) Mick Foley

9) Eddie Guerrero

10) Kurt Angle

11) Kenta Kobashi

12) "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

13) Ric Flair

14) Edge

15) Chris Jericho

16) The Great Muta

17) Bryan Danielson

18) CM Punk

19) Jake Roberts

20) Scott Hall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Mine:

1.Shawn Michaels
    2.Bret Hart
    3.The Undertaker
    4.Randy Savage
    5.Stone Cold Steve Austin
    6.Chris Benoit
    7.Triple H
    8.Eddie Guerrero
    9.The Rock
    10.Mr.Perfect
    11.Rey Mysterio
    12.Ricky Steamboat
    13.Bryan Danielson
    14.Edge
    15.Owen Hart
    16.Christian
    17.Brian Pillman
    18.Big Boss Man
    19.Mick Foley
    20.Randy Orton

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

1. Stone Cold
    2. Shawn Michaels
    3. Undertaker
    4. Ric Flair
    5. Bret Hart
    6. The Rock
    7. Kurt Angle
    8. Hulk Hogan
    9. Randy Savage
    10. Mick Foley
    11. CM Punk
    12. HHH
    13. Ricky Steamboat
    14. Brock Lesnar
    15. Edge
    16. Rob Van Dam
    17. Sting
    18. John Cena
    19. Chris Jericho
    20. Sheamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Bit late but a suggestion: One of the lads over on the man utd thread does a post match rating thing, you just follow a link and rate the footballers individually, couldn't you do something similar with this?
    Would save effort

• Advertisement

Bit late but a suggestion: One of the lads over on the man utd thread does a post match rating thing, you just follow a link and rate the footballers individually, couldn't you do something similar with this?
    Would save effort
    Would that not mean listing EVERY wrestler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Not every one, but the main ones yeah, someones hardly gonna have some totally obscure guy as no 1...
    Just an idea rather than faffing around with PMs, would save effort adding things up, working out points etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Haven't watched much over the last 10 years or so so heres my top 20 based on who i most enjoyed watching from around 1991 to 2002

Bret Hart
    Stone Cold
    Macho Man
    Mr Perfect
    HBK
    Undertaker
    The Rock
    Mick Foley
    Rowdy Piper
    British Bulldog
    Sting
    Owen Hart
    Benoit
    Edge
    Razor
    Jake Roberts
    Ricky Steamboat
    Ric Flair
    Bossman
    Kurt Angle

Not every one, but the main ones yeah, someones hardly gonna have some totally obscure guy as no 1...
    Just an idea rather than faffing around with PMs, would save effort adding things up, working out points etc

Cheers ... it's a good idea ... but the field is a bit too wide for that. We've already had over 50 names mentioned, and these have included some less obvious names that could easily have been left out of a pre-determined list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I'm going to probably forget someone epic but here we go (this isn't a best wrestler list, it's a my favourite wrestlers list!):

1) Chris Jericho - Style, personality & substance. He's got it all.
    2) Undertaker - Only sorry I couldn't give him first as well
    3) Rock
    4) Stone Cold Steve Austin
    5) HHH
    6) Edge
    7) Mick Foley
    8) Bret Hart
    9) Chris Benoit
    10) John Cena
    11) Eddy Guerrero
    12) Randy Orton
    13) Sheamus
    14) Christian
    15) Kurt Angle
    16) Road Dogg
    17) Matt Hardy
    18) Jeff Hardy (I couldn't just choose one of them!)
    19) Santino....... He's a guilty pleasure and one vote should get him on the list!
    20) X-Pac (replacing my second Edge)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

1. Kane
    2. The Undertaker
    3. John Cena
    4. CM Punk
    5. The Rock
    6. Bryan Danielson
    7. Sheamus
    8. Stone Cold
    9. Goldberg
    10. Eddie Guerrero
    11. Randy Orton
    12. Rob Van Dam
    13. Shawn Michaels
    14. Batista
    15. Christopher Daniels
    16. Christian
    17. Chris Jericho
    18. Edge
    19. Jeff Hardy
    20. AJ Styles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

1. HBK
    2. Kurt Angle
    3. AJ Styles
    4. Edge
    5. Sting
    6. Rey Mysterio
    7. Dean Malenko
    8. Ricky Steamboat
    9. James Storm
    10. Chris Sabin
    11. The Rock
    12. Christopher Daniels
    13. Christian (Cage)
    14. John Cena
    15. Samoa Joe
    16. Jeff Jarrett
    17. Petey Williams
    18. Abyss
    19. Eric Young
    20. Bully Ray

There are so many guys I wish I could have put on my list that I hope make the top 100, such as Arn Anderson, X Pac, Jerry Lynn, Jun Akiyama, Vader, Owen Hart. Then there are the really guilty pleasures like Zack Ryder, Kamala and, ahem, Koko B Ware and Disco Inferno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

He, :D, this seems like fun, I was a child of the nineties so have watched very little over the past decade.

1. Sheamus. Because he's Irish (sorry I just never thought I'd see an Irish champion)
    2. Bret Hart. Best there is, best there was, best there ever will be.
    3. The Rock. Brilliant.
    4. Macho Man. The perfect wrestler.
    5. The Ultimate Warrior.
    6. The Undertaker.
    7. Stone Cold.
    8. Ken Shamrock.
    9. HHH
    10. Hulk Hogan
    11. Razor Ramon
    12. Mick Foley
    13. Bradshaw
    14. Jeff Hardy
    15. Kurt Angle
    16. Booker T
    17. Shawn Michaels
    18. Edge
    19. Steve Blackman
    20. Yokozuna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pretty much gone with wrestlers who are my favorites since I started watching wrestling as opposed to who would be seen as the top twenty wrestlers.

1)AJ Styles: He has pretty much carried TNA since day one and it is a shame to see how he has to take a back seat to ex WWE stars currently. First time I seen him was back in 2004 and since then I can hardly remember him having a bad match. The highlight for me is the 2005 Ultimate X Challenge.

2)Samoa Joe: As with AJ Styles it kills me to see how he is used today, an absolute monster when he debuted in TNA and before that for ROH. Highlight: ROH series with CM Punk.

3)HHH: Yes he gets sh*t all over for having 43 world title reigns and being married to the bosses daughter but from April 1998 until he became a part timer he was unbelievable, particularly the year Austin and Rock were out and he was the focus of the company: Highlight: Royal Rumble 2000 vs Foley.

4)Bret Hart: Amazing wrestler, nothing else to say really. Highlight: WM 13 vs Stone Cold Steve Austin.

5)The Rock: Thought he looked a little stale during his recent promos with John Cena but got by due to it being so long since the crowd had last seen him. Always preferred him as a heel, especially his Survivor Series 98-Backlash 99 run. Highlight: Royal Rumble 99 vs Mankind.

6)Kurt Angle

7)Jeff Hardy

8)Macho Man

9)Mr Perfect

10)C.M. Punk

11)Chris Benoit

12)Bryan Danielson

13)Shawn Micheals

14)Million Dollar Man

15)John Cena

16)Undertaker

17)Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

18)Chris Jericho

19)Beer Money (If no tag teams then Roode)

20)Ultimate Warrior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

1. Daniel Bryan
    2. AJ Styles
    3. Sabu
    4. AJ Styles
    5. Christopher Daniels
    6. Samoa Joe
    7. JBL
    8. Chris Benoit
    9. Muhammad Hassan
    10. Chris Jericho
    11. The Rock
    12. Edge
    13. Sheamus
    14. CM Punk
    15. John Cena
    16. Abyss
    17. Umaga
    18. HHH
    19. Batista
    20. RVD

• Advertisement

1. Kurt Angle.
    2. HBK.
    3. Chris Benoit.
    4. AJ Styles.
    5. Eddie Guerrero.
    6. Stone Cold Steve Austin.
    7. The Rock.
    8. The Undertaker.
    9. Bret Hart.
    10. Rey Mysterio.
    11. Owen Hart.
    12. Samoa Joe.
    13. Brock Lesnar.
    14. Triple H.
    15. Randy Savage.
    16. Christian.
    17. Mr.Perfect.
    18. Bryan Danielson.
    19. CM Punk.
    20. Chris Jericho.

So many I had to leave out here Nigel McGuinness, Robert Rhoode, Edge, Vader, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Abyss, Christopher Daniels, Jeff Jarrett, Dean Malenko, Jerry Lynn, Sting, Bully Ray, Austin Aries, Jushin Liger, Jeff Hardy, Rvd, James Storm, Low-Ki, Mick Foley, Ciano316, Booker T, Kenta Kobashi, KENTA & Sabu.

1. Daniel Bryan
    2. AJ Styles
    3. Sabu
    4. AJ Styles
    1) Chris Jericho - Style, personality & substance. He's got it all.
    2) Undertaker - Only sorry I couldn't give him first as well
    3) Rock
    4) Stone Cold Steve Austin
    5) HHH
    6) Edge
    7) Mick Foley
    8) Bret Hart
    9) Edge

brotusclay_bio.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just in case anybody thought I was trying to be smart nope, I made a botched a list of 20 people. The 2nd AJ should be Shawn Michaels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

1.Mick Foley
    2.Stone Cold
    3.Rock
    4.Bret Hart
    5.DDP
    6.Kurt Angle
    7.Taker
    8.Shawn Michaels
    9.Kane
    10.Goldberg
    11.Big Show
    12.Bossman
    13.AJ Styles
    14.X-Pac
    15.Abyss
    16.Kevin Nash
    17.Bully Ray
    18.Brock Lesner
    19.Cena
    20.Crash Holly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

1. HBK
    2. Austin
    3. Rock
    4. Bret Hart
    5. Brian Danielson
    6. Chris Jericho
    7. Ric Flair
    8. Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
    9. Kurt Angle
    10. Andre The Giant
    11. Roddy Piper
    12. KENTA
    13. Naomichi Marufuji
    14. Chris Benoit
    15. CM Punk
    16. Kenta Kobashi
    17. Samoa Joe
    18. Macho Man
    19. Shingo
    20. Conor Hurley

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Pretty much gone with wrestlers who are my favorites since I started watching wrestling as opposed to who would be seen as the top twenty wrestlers.

19)Beer Money (If no tag teams then Roode)

I'm not counting tag teams, so have included Robert Roode instead. The one exception to this rule is the Road Warriors, in my mind they are inseparable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm not counting tag teams, so have included Robert Roode instead. The one exception to this rule is the Road Warriors, in my mind they are inseparable.

That's a pretty silly decision.

Pretty much nobody would list Jannetty by himself, but the Rockers might make it.

Same with Billy Gunn and Road Dogg, by themselves they were meh, but as the NAO they were very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hadn't thought of people including tag teams. This was intended single wrestlers ... but my first reaction would be to allow the Road Warriors as a special case. I can think of no other team that have had such an impact on pro wrestling, and are so linked together.

I was going to put MotorCity Machine Guns, Hardy Boyz and Beer Money on my list even though I know Jeff Hardy, Robert Roode and James Storm have done very well, is this not allowed?

It's top 100 wrestlers. To me, that implies singles wrestlers. If they didnt do enough to warrent a place on their own, they dont belong in the list imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

1.Bret Hart
    2.Undertaker
    3.Chris Jericho
    4.Stone Cold Steve Austin
    5.Kurt Angle
    6.The Rock
    7.Randy Savage
    8.HBK
    9.Dynamite Kid
    10.Eddie Guerrero
    11.Raven