Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards-Reddit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I used to hate the layout of Reddit as well but I've gotten used to it now and I really enjoy the site. The smart-phone app (Alien Blue) is brilliant.
    HoverZoom (look on Chrome store) my good man!

I used to hate reddit, but with practice + HoverZoom it becomes a fantastic experience.

EDIT: Plus many people describe Reddit's greatness as: 10% Posts, 90% Comments. Just stay away from advice animals.

Also, go into a subreddit like r/askreddit and click 'top' then 'all time' for some brilliant reading. I spend a full day just going through every post in amazement.

Yep HoverZoom really makes it all the more pleasurable! The best part of the site is definitely the comments. There are also some really heart-warming stories on it and it has a great sense of community.

AskReddit and some of their AMA's (Ask Me Anything) are brilliant. The best AMA I read recently was Molly Ringwald's one, she's very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The down voting system is good in theory but in the end the crap community not only ends up down voting the bad comments, but often also the realistic comments that make a firm point while the community is too preocuppied with getting along with each other gaiz they upvote the stupidest and saddest comments which makes them all look ignorant.
    Its not the site, its a large percentage of the userbase I hate. I could go on ranting for ages but Im not bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I used to hate the layout of Reddit as well but I've gotten used to it now and I really enjoy the site. The smart-phone app (Alien Blue) is brilliant.

Yep HoverZoom really makes it all the more pleasurable! The best part of the site is definitely the comments. There are also some really heart-warming stories on it and it has a great sense of community.

AskReddit and some of their AMA's (Ask Me Anything) are brilliant. The best AMA I read recently was Molly Ringwald's one, she's very funny.

Eh! Is Reddit not full of Americans though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

cursai wrote: »
    Eh! Is Reddit not full of Americans though...

There are large representations from many nationalities on it. Americans probably have the highest percentage though, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I used to hate the layout of Reddit as well but I've gotten used to it now and I really enjoy the site.

The side chat's are fun and you can't do that with boards.

The downvotes take getting used to as is getting upvoted for being a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Gigiwagga wrote: »
    Reddit, probably the site I visit most often during screen time, some absolutely hilarious comment developments occur on the most benign posts, totally gas. As has been stated above, a bit of tweaking and it's not hard to remove the memes and the kittens, totally un-uptight which is the best thing about it. Boards, let's face it, is grimly uptight at times.

Too right, whingy users and the admins are trigger happy with it, reason I have stayed well away for several years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement