Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Bingo Hall

Options
  • 03-05-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the new bingo hall out the Newry road (old bowling alley ) is open yet? I was out last night at about 7 but it was closed?:confused:

Comments

Couldn't get the licence they were after apparently. Dunno if they're open some nights or what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I think there was something in the Demo about it recently, must hae a look.

I heard there is a bingo place out in the retail park or out that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sportsbowl gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Argus dated May 2nd has an article on the Sportsbowl.

"Council votes against extending gaming and lottery area"

Slot machines are the problem.

Owners have already started work such as removing bowling lanes, "now a complete entertainment venue with resturant, cafe and bar".....hope to be open by end of 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Advertisement

Jesus it looks as different.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Thats going to hold one heck of a lot of people !

Is there that much demand in the area? I know there used to be private bus runs from Castleblaney and the like, but is it still as popular ?

Still popular in the Redeemer and Friary afaik. People also travel from town to Newry for it!

Advertisement