Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stan James

• 03-05-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear that Stan James are pulling out of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

First I have heard about it. According to their website, there are only 5 Stan James shops in Ireland, so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

If they do leave Boyles will probably take their shops anyway, that seems to be the done thing lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

ft9 wrote: »
    First I have heard about it. According to their website, there are only 5 Stan James shops in Ireland, so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

If they do leave Boyles will probably take their shops anyway, that seems to be the done thing lately.
    I heard that the one in Waterford City is closing on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Wh left recently too. Any reason, new tax/legislation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

The one in Macroom closed a while back. Was always a little quieter than Boyles and the prices weren't very generous either, even compared to Boyles.

Market is saturated I'd say would be the main reason they're pulling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The one in Macroom closed a while back. Was always a little quieter than Boyles and the prices weren't very generous either, even compared to Boyles.

Market is saturated I'd say would be the main reason they're pulling out.
    I didn't know the one in Macroom closed, Of what I've heard there closing all the rest of them, and TBH they weren't great at giving the punter special offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

have one in limerick by station but not impressive

Advertisement