Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 2 Results

Options
  • 03-05-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Bills beat the Dolphins 38-3. The Dolphins offered nothing in this game expect a 2min drill at end of 2nd half to get 3 points .

The Bills new running duo Woodhead and Lynch both ran for over a 100 yards. Cutler at QB marshaled the game well only having to get 97 yards passing and one touchdown with no interceptions.

Next week its Bills @ The Jets ! Revenge will be had!

P.S Its not the same without my Troy :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Charlie Mushy Sordidness

redskins 21 - saints 13

my defence was a bit soft but my offense is beast if i want to do anything this year i gota go greatest show on turf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Eagles 27 Panthers 6. Spent the game adjusting my depth chart and testing new players. Only passed 6 times. kept running it and punting to set my D.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers take care of business to go to 2-0.

Breaking out the new 4-3 defese worked well. Gave up 33 yards rushing, and 144 passing and forced 3 turnovers including a pick 6.

Lets see how I get on against a human opponent though.

Offense, I had 124 rusing yards and 211 passing yards.

I passed 17 times to 21 runs. So pretty balanced. Good start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Seattle's new coach showed some steely run D as the Cards main man DeAngelo Williams only gets 40 yards on the ground from 15 attempts.

Whereas Hillis had 62 yards running from 12 attempts.

However, Matt Ryan and Dez Bryant were both playing well and connected 4 times for 151 yards and 1 TD.

The Cardinals trying to switch up from throwing short to medium passes to long distance throws to deep threat Dez Bryant and it worked.
    The Seahawks weren't particularly threatening in the air, with Floyd and Hillis both having 2 receptions for a combined total of 43 yards.

Defensively for Seattle Hampton and Mills both had 1 sack each in their attempt to hinder Matt Ryan's throwing prowess.
    Cardinals D showed up and performed as expected, with 6 sacks it goes to show what a very different D line can do.
    Newly acquired Beachum and Ninkovich with a sack each whereas Applewhite gets 2.

Overall, Seattle showed some promise if they can get some practice in. Defensively, against the run they did well, but offensively the have to start some serious playbook searching and practice.

Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Big rivalry game this one at the Coliseum

The game started off with the Chargers punting and the Raiders taking it down the field for a FG. Soon after Blount scored a 74 yard TD run on third down. The Raiders took another drive to Chargers territory but again had to kick a FG, this time from 22 yards out. The Chargers again had to punt and this time the Raiders took it all the way down the field for a 16 yard TD pass to Greg Olsen to put us 13-7 up going into the break. Fitzpatrick threw an interception to Moore more or less as the half ended.

In the second half the Raiders got the ball, but had to punt, and the Chargers got the ball then and threw an interception to rookie Jean Jones, unlucky not to take it all the way. Matt Hill then made his only big mistake of the day, throwing a pick to some Chargers defender. Lots of punting from then on, including one that was kicked into the corner, bounced to the 9 and Bush instinctively picked it up and dropped it out of bounds, injuring himself in the process. The Chargers got to just inside the Raiders half until again they had to punt, this time only getting to the 12 with 4 minutes left. I made an adjustment to the depth chart, inserting DeAngelo Bell ahead of Dorial Washington at HB, after all he was drafted this year for the purpose of running down the clock late in the game. Like Jean Jones his rookie career got off to a fantastic start, running the ball over 80 yards on his first attempt before a valiant Charger chased him down. That didn't matter though because I got to kick a field goal after rather one dimensional play-calling and Washington being subbed in for the clearly gassed Bell and went up 16-7. The Chargers turned it over on downs and that was pretty much it.

Stats:
    Raiders:
    Matt Hill 13-26-226-1-1-76.7
    Reggie Bush 8 yards for 6 attempts, DeAngelo Bell 92 yards for 3 attempts
    Greg Olsen 8 catches, 154 yards and a score, Reggie Bush 3 catches for 29 yards, Santez Beasley 2 catches for 43 yards.

Overall I'm very happy with the new look defense, the new look offense should've scored 35 points with all the positions they got themselves into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

My interception almost went for six. So close...I don't think you should have scored more to be honest. About 85% of your yards were gained from the streak with your TE. That's useless in the red zone, especially inside the 10. I think that's why I was able to hold you to field goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Lukebray wrote: »
    My interception almost went for six. So close...I don't think you should have scored more to be honest. About 85% of your yards were gained from the streak with your TE. That's useless in the red zone, especially inside the 10. I think that's why I was able to hold you to field goals.

I should've been calling some slants is what I meant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Colts
    Colts win the toss and elect to kick.

MJD gets the ball on the 20 and evades all Colts D men for a 80 yard TD.
    Then on the Colts first pass... They throw a pick 6 to Adrian Wilson for a 33 yard TD

14-0 Titans

Colts move the ball with Davis and then McFadden to power in for a TD but its short and the booth review and its overturned.
    Titans make a goal line stand and stop the Colts on 3rd and inches, the Colts go for it and 4th and a toss takes McFadden over for a TD.

14-7 Titans at the end of the 1st Q

Titans move the ball well til midfield then MJD powers through the Colts D for a 60 yard rushing TD

21-7 with 5 in the half

Colts struggle to move it despite the beast VD getting a couple of catches and have to punt

Titans struggle this time and it forces a punt with 1:41 on the clock.
    Colts escapte with a couple of batted passes when they should be incomplete but the Titans force a 3 and not.. out. Colts fo for it on 4th and dont get it and Titans get the ball back at midfield

Titans hit MJD over the middle for a 17 yard catch and TD

28-7 Titans at HT Colts to get the ball

Colts make excellent progress down the field and McFadden gets in for a 7 yard TD after Rivers completes some good passes.

28-14 Titans

MJD moves the Titans down field and they get 3

31-14 at the start of the 4th.

The Colts move it well to midfield but Rivers throws a pick to Willis

Titans on 3rd and 8 or so hit Finley on a PA for a 28 yard TD

38-14 Titans with 4 mins left in the game
    Colts go to the hurry up and Davis gets in for a 14 yard TD over the top

Colts go for the onside kick but get called on a penalty.

Then MJD takes a draw play 40 yards for a TD

45-21 Titans with 2 mins in the game.

Colts try to push it and throw an int to Vontae Davis and the Titans kneel it out for the win.

Some Stats:

Titans with 382 yards of offense with 300 rushing
    Colts with 328 yards of offense and 60 rushing

Scahub with a QB rating of 158 from 7 and 97 yards 2TDs 0 ints
    Rivers with a QB rating of 67 with 14 from 25, 268 yards, 1 TD and 3 Ints

MJD with an enormous 291 yards on 26 attempts 3 TDs, YAC 11.1
    MCFadden have an efficient game 58 yards from 12 carries and 2 TDs

Colts dominate the reciving stats with Davis taking 6 catches for 89 yards and 1 TD
    WR Anthony gets 126 yards from 5 receptions

Good chatting McG, as the same fixture last season you went behind early and you could have easily caught up if i didnt have MJD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG, my connection has just died, I had a lucky escape!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Golden Rams suffer their first defeat...Bears give 'em another lesson in the run game. Looked like the tables had turned the first quarter with the Rams dominating the run and scoring first. But with three seconds left in the first half they give up a touchdown to give the bears hope. A couple of good throws to the TE and a sly run up the gut gave the Bears an unassailable lead. 35-17 or 32-17 something like that it finished. A better game from me regarding running the football and a better result against a good player so can take some positives. Again my throwing needs worked on. Vick passing on his bad habits to the rookie. My rookie HB looks like he'll be a star as does Lashoure.

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Golden Rams suffer their first defeat...Bears give 'em another lesson in the run game. Looked like the tables had turned the first quarter with the Rams dominating the run and scoring first. But with three seconds left in the first half they give up a touchdown to give the bears hope. A couple of good throws to the TE and a sly run up the gut gave the Bears an unassailable lead. 35-17 or 32-17 something like that it finished. A better game from me regarding running the football and a better result against a good player so can take some positives. Again my throwing needs worked on. Vick passing on his bad habits to the rookie. My rookie HB looks like he'll be a star as does Lashoure.

Leshoure is good madalig, i used him in the FB role last year and he got me some key downs and short TDs, he is hard to bring down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Not sure if it was him or Williams but one of them gave my FS an eight yrd piggy back at one stage.:D

madalig12 wrote: »
    Not sure if it was him or Williams but one of them gave my FS an eight yrd piggy back at one stage.:D

Leshoures trucking is 99 so wouldnt surprise me if it was him!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disconnect between myself and Ibmax, only about a minute left in the 4th quarter and he was up 52-21.

Hopefully you were able to count it mate, if not I'll drop out and let you play the CPU.

Well played.

Paully D wrote: »
    Disconnect between myself and Ibmax, only about a minute left in the 4th quarter and he was up 52-21.

Hopefully you were able to count it mate, if not I'll drop out and let you play the CPU.

Well played.

He should be able to count it that late

He should be able to count it late

Good stuff. Seems like my connection to EA servers dropped out as I haven't been able to get on since.

Was a superb game until the start of the 3rd quarter. 21-21 and the Buccs threw an INT, on the very next play I did the same thing. After that I fell apart and threw 3 more INT's (2 of which were pick 6's and one other returned to inside my 20).

It'll take me a lot of getting used to throwing the ball more.

Bad news also that my newly acquired TE Fletcher, who had been doing quite well, was injured near the end of the game with a broken collarbone and will probably miss 6 or 7 weeks I guess leaving me ****ed at the position.

Ibmax is a very, very good player. Excellent D-line which is virtually impossible to run on and some of his receivers were making catches in windows the size of a pebble. He'll certainly make the playoffs based on that game IMO and will be very tough to beat.

Thanks for the game mate.

Just Sync'd lm and it's showing up paully.

Second season syndrome paully :pac:

Unlucky mate but the Buccs have certainly put down a marker

Just Sync'd lm and it's showing up paully.

Second season syndrome paully :pac:

Unlucky mate but the Buccs have certainly put down a marker

Thanks Heli, glad it's showing up as it was certainly a deserved scoreline for the Buccs.

Second season syndrome is right :pac: No handy CPU games to easy me into this year unfortunately.

That's all games done this week then I think? Looks like we're on for an early advancement.

Advance the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Packers 27-7 Falcons

Packers won this in spite of Sam Bradford instead of with him. I couldn't click with him in this as I threw 3 INTs. My D along with new DT Kyle Williams dominated the Falcons, as they limited the Falcons to 7 points even with the turnovers by Bradford. Ray Rice became more involved and will be more involved leading up to the play offs as I need to win every game with being away for 3 weeks.

Cheers for the game notyalcc. Was tough going all the way through. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

It is advanced.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I need to win every game with being away for 3 weeks.

when do you go on hols Ben?!
    Hoping for a win..!

May 28th. Not back until June 21st.

Missing week 9-13. Possibly week 8 too.

Our game will fall between those dates anyway, you'll probably be missing some important conference games (double header against Raoul probably)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Well played.[/QUOTE]

He should be able to count it that late[/Quote]

Yeah it did seem to count. I think madden decided it didn't want to put either of us through 3 kneel downs ;)

A few details from a great game:

The bucs GM was playing with his mic at the beginning and inadvertently chose to receive. After a few close first downs Freeman launched a deep bomb over the middle for Julio jones to score on a 70 yard TD. 7-0 bucs

A great start for the bucs d-line saw Bradshaw stuffed for no gain and Suh and Hali both registering a sack to force the Cowboys to go 3 and out and punt. Demarco Murray returned the punt to the cowboys 40 yard line but on the next play Matt Forte was stripped of the ball. The cowboys then marched methodically down the field with Bradshaw taking a screen pass to the house to tie the score at 7-7.

The bucs once again got moving down the field. After converting 2 long 3rd downs to Roddy White and Jordy Nelson, Forte broke a tackle to scamper for a 40 yard TD. 14-7 bucs.

Again the cowboys would not lie down and with Manning linking up nicely with the newly acquired TE Fletcher and Ochocinco they quickly made their way down the field, scoring with a 10 yard pass to Fletcher who benefitted from some poor bucs tackling, leaving the game tied at 14 with 2 mins left in the half.

The 2 minutes were just enough for the bucs. After it looked like they were bottled at the 50 yard line,Freeman managed to escape pain in the a$$ number 1, Haloti Ngata and ran for a first down. A few passes later he found Nelson in the endzone to leave the score 21-14 at the half.

The second half began with the cowboys receiving. The bucs secondary were given a stern talking to after allowing Manning to compete 100% of his passes in the first and the change was obvious immediately. 2 potential int's were dropped leaving the cowboys in 3rd and long. The next play the CB stepped in front of Stevie Johnson but horribly/pathetically/embarrassingly mistimed the pick, allowing Johnson to take the ball 70 yards unchallenged to tie the game once more.

The game would change on the next 2 plays. With the bucs wound up after allowing such a silly TD, Freeman forced a pass to White which was easily picked by the 'boys. However, on the next play Manning tried to send the same ball as the previous TD out to Johnson but this time Dowling timed the INT and came away with the ball and give manning his first incompletion all in one foul swoop. The bucs couldn't score though and had to settle for a FG to lead by 24-21.

The bucs defense began to exert more pressure, bottling up Bradshaw once more and forcing a 3 and out. Freeman then moved the ball into the redzone and Forte punched it in behind great blocking for his second TD giving the first 2 score lead of the game 31-21.

On the next series, the bucs LBs joined the party with DJ Williams taking a pick back to the house. 38-21.

Not wanting to be out done by the new recruit, Lofa Tatupu picked manning during the next series and once again the ball was moved into range for Forte score on the ground.

With his Linebacking colleagues stealing the headlines, Keith Rivers, who had been sitting on the bench during nickel downs begged the GM to put him in. The GM did and Rivers duly rewarded his faith by forcing a fumble and breaking dangerman Fletchers collarbone with the bucs recovering the ball. Rivers was heard shouting "pay me my money, pay me my money!!!" on the sideline. The commish is sure to be interested in this ;)

Forte soon rumbled in for his 4th TD to flatter the bucs.

The game ended with a combination of a cowboys 3 and out and EA deciding enough was enough and kicking us both out!!!

The game was a lot closer than the final score suggests and a great game to play. Were it not for the int to Dowling the game could have easily been 48-48 with whioever got the ball last winning!!! thanks for the game paully and best of luck for the rest of the year.

The Bucs go into their bye week (week 3.... Really???) and will rest some injured bodies before a tough divisional game against the Saints!

MOTM: Jashtun Fletcher - backup TE. 6 3rd down conversions and some ridiculous blocking to spring Forte for his TDs. Can a blocker be considered un-unblockable ;)

Great report ibmax, cheers.

Think you're spot on in saying the game changed during those couple of INT's. I was very confident with Manning throwing the ball and thought Johnson had beat the man deep, but once you intercepted it I lost a lot of confidence throwing the ball, seemed to fall apart and couldn't get any runs going due to your excellent D-line.

I'm trying to move away from running as much and mix it up with throws, just need to keep that 1st half performance throwing the ball up for the whole game.

Can't believe you injured my new TE Fletcher, I had only picked him up before the game and all :pac:

A well deserved victory for you. You were excellent on 3rd down and some of the throws you made were brilliant. It's been a long time since I've faired as badly on the run game as I did today so credit to you for that.

Best of luck for the rest of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Paully D wrote: »

Can't believe you injured my new TE Fletcher, I had only picked him up before the game and all

Don't blame me... Keith Rivers is a LB possessed ;)

I think I lost Tamme to injury too... Not a good day for tight-ends!!! Fingers crossed its not the madden collarbone of death!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Broncos beat the CPU Browns despite comical play from 2nd year QB Chandler Jones.

My O-Line were the joint men of the match with a heroic performance leading to a hundred yard game for both LeSean and Roy Helu, without absolutely no skill from me being required!! :D

I think my third back might have got 30 yards or so as well. They were class!

• Advertisement
Advertisement