Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dymphna Hughes Walkinstown.

Options
  • 03-05-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all, im booked in to see Dymphna in October been waiting since end of last year. Has anyone been to see her recently or have any feed back, she charges 80 euro which is a bit steep but im hoping she's worth it, its hard to believe she has such a long waiting list so she must have a very good reputation, any stories or feedback much appreciated //

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

NonSickle wrote: »
    Hi all, im booked in to see Dymphna in October been waiting since end of last year. Has anyone been to see her recently or have any feed back, she charges 80 euro which is a bit steep but im hoping she's worth it, its hard to believe she has such a long waiting list so she must have a very good reputation, any stories or feedback much appreciated //

I posted about her in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76759957 a few months ago. I found her excellent myself and, tbh, I've yet to come across a bad review of her readings.

BTW, when I made an appointment, there was a three-month waiting list then. It's pretty crazy how people are waiting for as much as six months+ now. She's bloody expensive but, taking into account my own experience and the fact that she's continually booked out for months in advance, I have no doubt that she's good at what she does.

Anyone who wants Dympna Hughes' number, or the number of another psychic/medium, should go HERE and find it there instead of posting in threads with a request for a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

Thank you very much for that much appreciated : )

• Registered Users Posts: 25 keithmiketom

I went to see Liz who works in the same place, found her really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

Has anyone any recent review of Dympna, i just realised i seen her years ago and have her reading written down and it did not come to pass, i seen her maybe 13 years ago.

Wondering if i should spend the 80 euro, or would i be mad, in theory her reading should have come to pass if she is so good, baffled as to what to do now..

• Advertisement

NonSickle wrote: »
    Has anyone any recent review of Dympna, i just realised i seen her years ago and have her reading written down and it did not come to pass, i seen her maybe 13 years ago.

Wondering if i should spend the 80 euro, or would i be mad, in theory her reading should have come to pass if she is so good, baffled as to what to do now..

So you saw her 13 years ago and none of the predictions she made for you occurred subsequently? Predictions aside, did anything she say resonate with you, or seem applicable or accurate?

I know what you mean about the €80. I think it's mad to be charging that alright. I actually saw Dympna well over a year ago (so not that long ago) and I posted about the experience on here.

Now, as reticent as I was to hand over €80 for a reading, of all things, I knew I wouldn't have taken the chance if I had encountered mixed reviews of her readings (which I hadn't - although your own experience doesn't sound good, so I'll stand somewhat corrected).

Another potential 'buffer' for me was that I knew I'd be within my rights to stop the reading 10 minutes into it all if I felt it was sh*te (you can do that, with any reader), and not have to pay a cent..

Anyway, here's what I wrote about Dympna before:
    She gave me a few predictions (short-term and long-term) as well, one of which
    (short-term one) has materialised. It's related to a change of role within the
    company I work for, and, in hindsight, Dympna described the type of tasks
    involved in it very well.

The rest is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76759957

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minhols

hey guys! Bit late but does anyone have her number? Let me know

Thanks!

minhols wrote: »
    hey guys! Bit late but does anyone have her number? Let me know

Thanks!

Are you serious...?? Only a few posts above yours, I wrote the following in May:
    Anyone who wants Dympna Hughes' number, or the number of another psychic/medium, should go HERE and find it there instead of posting in threads with a request for a number.

Does anyone read anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minhols

Are you serious...?? Only a few posts above yours, I wrote the following in May:

Does anyone read anymore??

I read all the above posts in which I seen your link. I clicked it and her number cannot be found on that website anymore. I have searched everywhere online and am unable to find her number. I posted on here looking for her contact details, not a smartass reply.

minhols wrote: »
    I read all the above posts in which I seen your link. I clicked it and her number cannot be found on that website anymore. I have searched everywhere online and am unable to find her number. I posted on here looking for her contact details, not a smartass reply.

Well, I just found her details now, after following the link and scrolling down:
    Dympna Hughes
    Type: Reader & Psychic Medium
    Further Information: Dympna has an excellent rep as a psychic but is known to cancel readings at the last minute.

If you want to see the number beside 'Contact', click on the grey 'Spoiler' box to highlight it, and you'll see the digits (posting numbers on the forum is prohibited...).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Iddles76

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Iddles76 wrote: »

How did u get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pillarbanker

How did you get on did you have to lodge money to her account?? was she worth the money?

Read a lot of mixed reviews. look forward to your opinions.

Did she say why you have to pay the deposit and how long has this lodging money craic been going on i wonder? Does she work from cromwellsforth road? She cancelled on me years ago. Another person said she was no way worth the money. Im worried if after a few minutes the reading is not good and it needs to be stopped how would i get the 30 deposit back as im sick of rip off psychics and if they are talking crap i just cut the reading.

Did she say why you have to pay the deposit and how long has this lodging money craic been going on i wonder? Does she work from cromwellsforth road? She cancelled on me years ago. Another person said she was no way worth the money. Im worried if after a few minutes the reading is not good and it needs to be stopped how would i get the 30 deposit back as im sick of rip off psychics and if they are talking crap i just cut the reading

She is still in crowellfort road and basically I put the moneyvin and she texted me the directions and I paid the balance after seeing her! I think though the girl in front of me paid the full amount after her reading text back that you would prefer to pay the full amount aftter the reading and I don't think there would be an issue ! I have been were Yiu are and paid over and above for physic that hadn't a clue but from my personal experience I knew she was the real my coy within 10 minutes and from what I have read on the boards here you should get up and leave if yiur not happy with a reading after 10 minutes and not pay! What she knew about me wad spooky there was no way she could have know and loads of stuff she validated! I strongly recommended there is acreason why Yiu have to wait so long and pay that little bit extra because I think she is the real mc coy!! I will let u know if any of my predictions come true! It's very well organized and I don't think she will cancel will pm address if Yiu want it?

Thank you..

I don't mean to derail the thread now, and I appreciate the time you took to post your feedback, but WTF is "Yiu"? Seriously, like - I thought you were suddenly referring to a Chinese fortune teller at first. Lord help us... :rolleyes:

Well, getting back OT, I'm glad that she gives people the option of being refunded the €30 deposit, even though I still think it's ridiculous that she's started doing that. I'm guessing she started it due to people cancelling or not showing up at the last minute, and that a €30 deposit would be more of an incentive for them to commit to keeping their appointment and/or being refunded if they wish.

Having said that, Dympna has been known to cancel readings for people or not show up herself in the past, though I haven't heard of her doing this in more recent times. Personally, I wouldn't bother my hole making a deposit to see a psychic. Just couldn't be bothered.

I don't mean to derail the thread now, and I appreciate the time you took to post your feedback, but WTF is "Yiu"? Seriously, like - I thought you were suddenly referring to a Chinese fortune teller at first. Lord help us... :rolleyes:

Well, getting back OT, I'm glad that she gives people the option of being refunded the €30 deposit, even though I still think it's ridiculous that she's started doing that. I'm guessing she started it due to people cancelling or not showing up at the last minute, and that a €30 deposit would be more of an incentive for them to commit to keeping their appointment and/or being refunded if they wish.

Having said that, Dympna has been known to cancel readings for people or not show up herself in the past, though I haven't heard of her doing this in more recent times. Personally, I wouldn't bother my hole making a deposit to see a psychic. Just couldn't be bothered.

Dont think there is any facility to get your 30 back sounds non refundable, i dont think i can be bothered paying a deposit either, its a dose. I would of loved a cancellation back a year ago and having waited so long i wasnt going to cancel, im in two minds, i think its crap too. Considering lots of bad feedback too and 80 euro is a lot in a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I went to her recently and she was good. Definitely genuine and gifted. However, I did feel that she is working a little too hard and it was all very business like. I went to a medium about 5 years ago and didn't feel rushed or embarrassed to leave the room with teary eyes (she had given me a message from a loved one who had recently passed away). But, with Dympna there were loads more people waiting and I was very much aware throughout the reading that given the size of the queue in the waiting room, there was lots of chattering and whispering outside.I felt it was hard to open up when there were so many people on the other side of the door. I guess with the first experience it felt spiritual and therapeutic, this time I felt like I was sliding down a conveyor belt in McDonalds and as a result did not feel comfortable asking the questions I would have asked had there not been 5 more people dying to get in to see her. In addition to this, I received a text about an hour and forty mins before my reading telling me to be there a half an hour earlier than arranged. She was obviously under pressure and so I had to make a mad dash to make it!
    Of course, her popularity says a lot about her ability as a medium. She is very sincere.

€80 is also too expensive, although she deserves to make a living, that is a big wage for 30mins work.

In terms of the reading, I didn't hear much info on what I'd like to have but that isn't Dympna's fault, there just isn't much happening in that particular area of my life. She did tell me that my grandmother would pass away just before or straight after this Christmas so that remains to be proven. She needed me to correct or prompt her in a few areas but once I did that she was fairly accurate but I am usually reluctant to give too much info away. There was very little future prediction in it, other than about my grandmother. So while most of her info was accurate about my past/present, I really can't say much about the validity of her future predictions.
    To be honest, I felt there were too many energies about, the building was too busy and she was getting lots of different energies coming through and I think she found it hard to pin point one. My feelings about my grandfather are not good yet she said his energy was the strongest and it felt like he pretty much hijacked the reading. (all very accurate things though)

I guess I expected something else. I'm not disappointed, she is worth a visit and she is the real deal. I suppose I just expected to walk away feeling better about things, but I didn't. There was no mention of my future other than my grandmother passing over soon.

I'd give that reading 7/10 but am prepared to give her another go in a year or two, hopefully she'll seem less busy next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Hey guys

Can you give any update on your readings? Did any of them come true?

Going to see Dymphna in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mario

Hey guys

Can you give any update on your readings? Did any of them come true?

Going to see Dymphna in a month
    if I were you i'd save my money,see the post on psychics/mediums ask questions p180.
    myself and a friend went to her a few years ago,all very general and the prediction that she had made for me didn't happen.i know she seems to get good reviews on the forum but we both felt that she's a chancer and def.not worth giving her 80 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 silly_dancer

Hi, I went to see Dympna about 3 months ago and I have to say I found her amazing. She didn't give me many future predictions or specific dates when things would happen as did other psychics. I didnt go looking for answers as such, I was lost and I needed guidance. Dympna explained everything that was happening in my life, she was even spot on with the time frame in which things had happened. She described perfectly the people who had passed and talked about relationships with different people currently in my life. She told me that certain things would happen, and that has already started. As I said she didn't give me a time frame or specific date and I have been enjoying my life change for the better since then. I had been to a few in the months before hand and I think she is definitely the best I have been too. I came out feeling amazing afterwards. I have no affiliation with Dympna but I would highly recommend her. Other psychics that I had gone to see also came highly recommended, however I didn't feel that what they were saying was relevant to my situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mario

to be honest, i'm not convinced that she's not a chancer and a couple of my friends feel the same.i also read on boards where another girl was really annoyed that she had handed over 80 euro to her.i know that she gets great reviews but i'm not convinced at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Keadue

I'm on the fence also about Dympna.... I booked on the strength of reviews here, waited months on the list and finally saw her a few months back. She was very nice, I didn't feel rushed and came out of the reading feeling very positive. I don't know how she does it but she told me what was in my head at the time, what I thought was the solution to a romance issue but unfortunately the man is 3,000 miles away now. She did say romance was close-by so only time will tell...
    A few things have happened in a round about way; she was very non-specific about work, got my profession incorrect but told me I could change if I wanted to. Recently a family member got a transfer closer to home and I have an opportunity to go into business with her so I suppose that is a change. A few other things have happened also, I passed my exams, went on holidays to the sun, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Charchar2012

I went to see Dympna last week after a year and a half year waiting list and I was really disappointed , I have went to other mediums before who where a lot better and more accurate and giving the price Dympna charges and the time frame we where waiting I just expected her to be a lot better, to me she was guessing a lot and touching on subjects to see my reaction I honestly would advise anyone who's thinking about going to see her to save their money , I wish I had done the same 😔😔😔

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Patsprat

I went to see Dympna last week after a year and a half year waiting list and I was really disappointed , I have went to other mediums before who where a lot better and more accurate and giving the price Dympna charges and the time frame we where waiting I just expected her to be a lot better, to me she was guessing a lot and touching on subjects to see my reaction I honestly would advise anyone who's thinking about going to see her to save their money , I wish I had done the same 😔😔😔

You wonder why this is happening to her as people were raving about her years back it appears.

Advertisement