Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna go to Vancouver in 2013

Options
  • 03-05-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi All,

Planning on going to Canada in 2013. Probably Vancouver.

Am i better to go straight through the embassy site or to USIT or Go For Less?

Also, whats the best time to register if im planning on going in Jan - Feb?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

What are you going for, like for a year and do you plan on working. If your going for a working holiday you will need to apply for the iec visa. If you planning on going in jan or feb 2013 you will need to apply for this years iec programme. There are only aprox 600 place out of 5000 left so id apply straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thelookout

Thanks. Are they bringing anymore out for later next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I doubt for this year. BUt i think the whole process starts in january for next years programme or december. Maybe someone else might know. So you can apply in jan but if they as slow as this year in processing them it will be march before you get the visa.

But you could apply in jan or feb for the visa for the 2013 programme, the just go over to canada on a tourist visa. There just cross a border and activate the iec visa once you have it.

Thanks alot man. As long as i get over there in the first 3rd of next year that's fine with me. will give me some time to save! Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

the 2012 program started in january 2012.

the 2013 program will start in january 2013.

there is people who applied for the 2012 program in January and got them in April 2012. Id assume the time frames for 2013 will be similar given the amount of people who are going to miss out on this years IEC Program. Also the pending skills shortage in western Canada will attract even more young Irish.

There is 5350 places available to the Irish in 2012 and its a safe bet it will be the same amount in 2013. Theres 600 Remaining, so do the math, you may be putting your plans back a few months I'm afraid.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

That link is the source of all the factual information required

• Advertisement

ye im gonna apply first thing in 2013. if it's pushed back by a few months, so be it..as long as i get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

This years opened in December of last year.

If you apply first thing the process would probably be quicker as they wont be as busy.

Advertisement