Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza Place in Dublin CC?

Options
  • 03-05-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So me and my mate are sick of going to Eddies after the cinema all the time and want to go get pizza instead but can never think of anywhere really nice and cheap besides Pizza Hut off Grafton st, or even Milanos :o.

Any recommendations on good a place to sit in for pizza, no booking tables just walk in, sit and order nice food in Dublin city centre?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

So me and my mate are sick of going to Eddies after the cinema all the time and want to go get pizza instead but can never think of anywhere really nice and cheap besides Pizza Hut off Grafton st :o.

Any recommendations on good a place to sit in for pizza, no booking tables just walk in, sit and order nice food in Dublin city centre?

Thanks!

Pizza Stop in the laneway across from Bruxelles does really good pizzas...its a proper restaurant too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Used to love Pizza Stop. Not been there in years.

Gotham does really good pizza too.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Used to love Pizza Stop. Not been there in years.

There was invariably a floor show as the insane owner berated staff who threw plates at him etc...good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Steps of Rome on Chatam Court (just off Grafton St) - Hands down the best in the city. Try the potato pizza. Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Steps of Rome on Chatam Court (just off Grafton St) - Hands down the best in the city. Try the potato pizza. Unbelievable

Is that the place they used to do small 'square' pizza slices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Is that the place they used to do small 'square' pizza slices?

That's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Hell Pizza on Wexford St is very tasty and not too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Bobsammy wrote: »
    Hell Pizza on Wexford St is very tasty and not too expensive!
    hell still there? Thought they closed after the floods?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Nevore wrote: »
    hell still there? Thought they closed after the floods?

They're gone.

Another vote for Pizza Stop from me. Truly wonderful pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Little Caesars Pizzeria on Balfe St used to do class pizzas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Independent beside Drumcondra train station is class, though not CC strictly speaking.

Cool, thanks for all the replies, Will decide on one of these for yummy pizza.
    Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridgepeople

DiFontaine's in Temple Bar is the best pizza slice that I know of in the city. You can sit in on a stool but it's more of a takeaway place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I popped into what was Shebeen Chic on Sth. Gr. George's st. last week. I think it's called Speakeasy now. It a bar selling pizza.

I got the special of the day. 7quid for 9inch- it was the nicest pizza I've had in years.

I was only there that once, might've got lucky, but it was delicious.

It was 4.90 for my pint of Guinness though.

humberklog wrote: »
    I popped into what was Shebeen Chic on Sth. Gr. George's st. last week. I think it's called Speakeasy now. It a bar selling pizza.

I got the special of the day. 7quid for 9inch- it was the nicest pizza I've had in years.

Didnt know they did pizza in there, sounds good, will check it out!
    Only went there once for a pint when it was Shebeen Chic, didnt like it as the stink of fish with people eating at the back was mank, never went back lol
    DiFontaine's in Temple Bar is the best pizza slice that I know of in the city. You can sit in on a stool but it's more of a takeaway place.

DiFontaine's great for a slice after the pub, but am always hungry after it lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridgepeople

Best value pizza deal in the city? The best I know of is the Apache 'any pizza any size' deal for €9.99 before midnight. You can get up to 15'' in size with four toppings I think.

Anywhere beat that?

As an aside, it's amazing how much cheaper pizza is in the US than here. A large pepperoni in Dominoes is $9 there but €18 here. At least we have more deals on offer now since the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Ciao Bella Roma across from the Porterhouse does a cracking pizza. Very Cheap too, with great Early Birds and Lunch specials. Doesnt look much from the outside but pizza are great.

Di Fontaines in temple bar is nice, although their food sometimes a bit too greasy. They do pizza by the slice. I like apache on dame street near the junction with George's street. It's takeaway or sit down, is cheap and cheerful, there are good deals, and the pizza there always seems nicer than any other apache's (but that might be because i usually have had a skinful any time i end up there).:D

The pizza hut lunch deal is a good reason to go to the pizza hut in suffolk street (which is kind of meh otherwise). I can't remember how much it is, but it's good value, and you can have as much pizza, pasta, and salad as you'd like from a decent selection of food that's refreshed quite often once they're busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

FYI Gotham Cafe D2 & Independent Pizza Co D9 Are basically the same pizza, they are the same owners

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1170755

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

humberklog wrote: »

Those are Dave's Pizzas. Great they have a permanent location, I was following the cart around at markets on weekends like a groupie :o

+ 1 also for Steps of Rome, Milano's and a slice of Rays Pizza goes down well for a pitt stop on a night out. Not all together though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

cson wrote: »
    Independent beside Drumcondra train station is class, though not CC strictly speaking.

Does anyone else think this place is very overrated? Pizzas are adequate at best, definitely nothing to rave about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

WindSock wrote: »
    Those are Dave's Pizzas. Great they have a permanent location, I was following the cart around at markets on weekends like a groupie :o

+ 1 also for Steps of Rome, Milano's and a slice of Rays Pizza goes down well for a pitt stop on a night out. Not all together though...

Yeah Daves pizzas are very nice. They had a stand out at the Point village for the markets, lovely fresh pizza.

Also love indepedent pizza company.

Another to mention is the Kitchen just off Grafton St. Nice and decent prices but havent been in a while.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Does anyone else think this place is very overrated? Pizzas are adequate at best, definitely nothing to rave about.

personally, i think they have the best pizza's in Dublin.

They can be very,very good....sometimes if they're busy or shortstaffed the pizzas dont get cooked for long enough..its an easy matter to send it back fro another few minutes in the oven though.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Degsy wrote: »
    They can be very,very good....sometimes if they're busy or shortstaffed the pizzas dont get cooked for long enough..its an easy matter to send it back fro another few minutes in the oven though.

I was there once years ago and I thought it was lovely but I moved to Drumcondra recently and have tried it twice (once for sit-in, once takeaway) and neither time was I blown away. I like the variety of toppings they have but they just weren't as tasty as they should be!

Another VERY overrated place I ate in last week was Miller's Pizza Kitchen on Baggot Street. Apparently renowned for their pizzas. They have some very interesting toppings but the pizzas we got weren't great at all, and you're paying through your nose for them!

I'm not always so moany :D Had a delicious pizza in Pacino's recently, nicest I've had in a while. Porterhouse also do a delicious margherita, great to share over a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Ciao Bella Roma across from the Porterhouse does a cracking pizza. Very Cheap too, with great Early Birds and Lunch specials. Doesnt look much from the outside but pizza are great.

I have to agree with you on that. Scrumptious!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Another vote for Dave's Wood Fired Pizza in the Speakeasy, it's delish between €5 and €7 for a 9 inch-ish size pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Big fan of the old €4 euro slice and a can at Papa Pizzeria on Talbot St, its pretty much takaway but you can get a stool.…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

If you count the IFSC as city centre then Il Fornaio does my favourite. Also Botticelli in Temple Bar isn't bad.

I like eating in Pizza Stop but the pizza is only so-so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Not really CC but by far the best pizza I've had in Dublin is Da Mimmo on Fairview Strand.

As good as anything I've ever had in Italy.

Advertisement