Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza Place in Dublin CC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not really CC but by far the best pizza I've had in Dublin is Da Mimmo on Fairview Strand.

As good as anything I've ever had in Italy.

That will be North Strand.
    Yes, it's very authentic, even down to the toppings. No pineapple and the like there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zutona

Its difficult to find good Pizza in Dublin. Independant Pizza Co is great but I never find myself out that direction. Saw Dave's Pizza at the market last week so tried one. Was delish! Really nice base adn sauce which is the making of a good pizza IMO. They have their sauce for sale too. Would like if you could buy the base. Would also like to see a good veggie pizza on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

zutona wrote: »
    Saw Dave's Pizza at the market last week so tried one.

What market was that? I love Daves!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sin_J

It's just outside the CC in rathmines, but Manifesto.
    It's a proper sit down place, though they might do take away, not sure.

Was recommended it by some Italian friends who told me it's better than anything they've ever had at home.

It was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Have only skimmed through, so apologies if its been mentioned, for my money, there's no better than Rays pizza in temple bar (beside central bank). Best pizza I've had in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

OU812 wrote: »
    Have only skimmed through, so apologies if its been mentioned, for my money, there's no better than Rays pizza in temple bar (beside central bank). Best pizza I've had in Dublin.

Had a slice in there today and it was SO good. €2.50 for a slice of cheese pizza is good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zutona

The peoples park in Dun Laoghaire on Sunday. Haven't been there in a long time, it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

zutona wrote: »
    The peoples park in Dun Laoghaire on Sunday. Haven't been there in a long time, it's great!

Its a bit far for me unfortunately, must check if they're at any other markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Absolutely adore Dave's pizzas! Every saturday I'm tempted to pop up to the market at st.annes to get one. They're not bad value too, compared to the ridiculous overpricing in most pizza places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Fav pizza places are:
    - Toffoli (if it's still there!) which is just on that laneway besides Burdocks in Christchurch - tiny, hole in the wall place, where you can watch your dough being thrown in the air 2m in front of you.
    - Al Vesuvio on Mespil Rd - wood-fired oven in the window! (I ate my crusts with glee and that's saying something!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xena2

Was in Honest Pizza tonight, new place on Dame Court (opps. Stag's Head), and dayum it was good pizza! Real deal, wood-fired etc. Pile of logs for the oven in the middle of the room! Decent beer selection too. Really liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xena2

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm glad you signed up to Boards to tell us this (!!!)

Got a new laptop and lost the ol' password pal! I've been round these parts a while. Bit of a pizza fan, love Paulie's, Steps of Rome etc, just glad to have another decent spot in D2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Romano's capel st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Romano's capel st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Another vote here for Steps of Rome off Grafton Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wanderingdub

cson wrote: »
    Independent beside Drumcondra train station is class, though not CC strictly speaking.

Have to agree with ya on that one, it's certainly a very good place for pizza!

Big fan of the old €4 euro slice and a can at Papa Pizzeria on Talbot St, its pretty much takaway but you can get a stool.…

I used to frequent there quite a bit when it first opened, although it was always better if you could get his slices straight out of the oven, as even Papa himself was telling people one time that pizza should never go in the oven twice.

The place across the road does a pizza slice and drink deal for the same price and is better than Papas, IMO.

I am surprised to hear the negative comments about Independent Pizza in Drumcondra as I always thought it was very good, although it's been a long time since I've been in there in Fairness.

I know it's not CC, but La Costa takeaway in Clontarf do nice pizzas.

Apache Pizza is fairly consistent if you're looking for something cheap and convenient.

I shall need to try some of the places that people have suggested on here, I'll go on a pizza pilgrimage of Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Zombie thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I am surprised to hear the negative comments about Independent Pizza in Drumcondra as I always thought it was very good, although it's been a long time since I've been in there in Fairness.

It's probably been a long time since the person who posted the comment has been there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Paulie's pizza near grand canal dock. I was only there last night. Still full :D

Advertisement