Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Woodlawn House

Options
  • 03-05-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wonder if you can offer advice. I've been hoping for a few years now to see Woodlawn House, and with a week off next week, I was hoping to travel to Galway to see the place. I found one online site with contact details for the estate, and have mailed them to see if this is allowed, but havent heard anything back. there is no phone number, so I cant follow up on this.

Does anybody know if Woodlawn House is accessible to the public? I dont want to go inside or anything, just get up close to see the exterior. I dont want to drive the distance only to find when I get there that you are not allowed near it, or that its on private land.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

AFAIK it's fenced off and monitored by CCTV, you can only go as far as the gate.

A friend of a guy I work with was there and took some photos outside:

lightboxhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/67571921@N02/6582710369/in/photostream/lightbox/
    lightbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

ciaranmac wrote: »
    AFAIK it's fenced off and monitored by CCTV, you can only go as far as the gate.

A friend of a guy I work with was there and took some photos outside:

lightboxhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/67571921@N02/6582710369/in/photostream/lightbox/
    lightbox

Thanks for that Ciaranmac, much appreciate it. Fantastic photo! I hope there wasnt a gigantic zoom lens involved, because I dont have one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I was there a fortnight ago. Wasn't inside the actual house though.

Security cameras are just out of shot...
    [IMG][/img]April2012003.jpg

One of the stables...
    [IMG][/img]April2012007.jpg

The gardeners house...
    [IMG][/img]April2012011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hi Lucifer31,
    thanks for that, brilliant pics. Is it possible to get close to the house? It looks like you did. I dont want to trespass, though I really want to see the place. Looks like you were able to get quite close to it.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Archeron wrote: »
    Hi Lucifer31,
    thanks for that, brilliant pics. Is it possible to get close to the house? It looks like you did. I dont want to trespass, though I really want to see the place. Looks like you were able to get quite close to it.
    Cheers!

You can get very close to the back of the house without setting of the alarms.
    Mind your footing though. There's some sign of some work being done recently enough around there too. Also, see if you can find the remains of the 'summer house' as it is called on an old map, around the front, hidden in some woods near the lake...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Its an amazing house and grounds. Was there a few years ago but didnt want to trespass. There was a site that had photos inside - Abandoned in Ireland I think it was called.

Would love to get more history of woodlawn house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I was there twice before they started work on it a few years back so we got right up to the house and around the stables etc. Took a few photos but some weird crap happened so we left pretty quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Acoshla wrote: »
    I was there twice before they started work on it a few years back so we got right up to the house and around the stables etc. Took a few photos but some weird crap happened so we left pretty quick!

Like what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Keephercountry

I live only 5 miles from the house, we used to go up when were 15 16 late at night its very dangerous and 100% fukd up, went up with my mate and 3 more on the eve of halloween wren I was 20 and never again will I go in the road not to mind the house, this gaf is haunted and that is a fact. Wouldn't believe it only saw it whit my own eyes, to be you guys are as far on to stay away from the place if you ask me like, there are idle spirits there and don't like being disturbed from what i could see!! If you really wanna go take a pic from the brow of the hill at front but seriously don't bother going in, im 26 now and still freaked out even writing this!

Advertisement