Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support for EV subforum

Options
  • 03-05-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm here to ask for support.
    Would you back my request for EV subforum of Motoring (Motoring>EV)?

I do understand Electric Vehicles are cars and as such are discussed in Motors section. But these cars but slightly different, requiring different approach.

Keeping them separate from ICE vehicles would do good. New topics won't annoy piston heads, number of posters bashing EVs on basis of short range should get lower there might be finally a place of some constructive criticism.

Looking at the current EV threads in Motoring>Motors forum you could tell how large the defiance is to accept electric powered vehicles. EV supporters agree current generation of EV cars are not for everyone yet EV threads are forced between diesel and petrol ones only raging those unconvinced allowing for heated up discussions.

Will you back me up in request for separate EV subforum of Motoring?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78480825#post78480825

Thanks,
    Bart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

It was done quite recently but you've made a better go at it this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Correct, such request was put 9 months ago. And it failed miserably scoring only +6 votes
    Honestly, I felt it was too early having a separate forum for all electric powered vehicles of any type.

This time, with your support, we got +17/-3 and still waiting for more :)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

good idea, and becoming more relevant as petrol edges towards 2 euros a litre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

I just bought a Citroen C-Zero. Its my third EV. I'd be interested in a forum but I hadn't spotted this until it appeared in the Renewable Energy bulletin. I don't read the motor pages. So I'd vote for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

I just bought a Citroen C-Zero.
    Why don't you join IrishEVowners FB group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

beazee wrote: »
    Why don't you join IrishEVowners FB group?

I prefer Boards to FB to be honest :) but it is also useful for info on EVs to be part of a Boards discussion which is available to the public.

Advertisement