Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Sharing Advice

Options
  • 03-05-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Me and my boyfriend have been living together for the past 4 years without sharing with anyone, money is getting tight so we have someone he knows moving in with us to help pay rent/bills etc..

I would just like some advice on how to prepare for it, which things should the person have to buy/look after themselves like shud i make them buy their own washing powder/milk (silly things like that which i wud not fancy someone else bumming off us) .. and basically any other advice that you can give?.. I just cant figure out what would be a good dynamic with things..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Yeah, you keep your stuff for yourself, they keep theirs. Its very simple, what your money goes on is yours and vice versa! The sharing of stuff in this situation is only going to lead to later problems! Be cruel to be kind :D

EDIT; I can spell well and my english be good :O :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'd say your best keeping each to their own for most things. The only things I'd say share would be the likes of houshold cleaning goods, like washing up liquid, floor cleaner bleach etc, however wouldn't include clothes washing powder in this.

Advertisement