Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the pirate ship raid the BFL ?

Options
  • 03-05-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

That's right folks my outside bet at 45/1 has gone down to 26/1 since the start of the league.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers failed to make the play offs in the BFL for the first time in there history. A new coach was needed , luckily the Bucc's are close friends with Bill's GM , The Bills allowed there head scout and most senior adviser to go! That man is IBmax !

IBMax has seemed to take the approach fix the offensive line and the defensive line and the rest will follow. He has brought in two left tackles a right guard to shore up the entire O-line. Josh Freeman will have plenty of time to pass to ............... Roddy White , Julio Jones, Jordy "Sick Note" Nelson.

If that's not enough, he has Matt Forte in the backfield. Opposition teams prepare to be nickled to death.

Now you move to the other side of the ball. Ndamnukong Suh and Jay Ratliff are starting tackles. Perhaps the Bills could run on this team, but no other ! The Bucc's Linebacker core is solid so while the DT'S not only crush the pocket around opposition quarterbacks the linebackers will rush the outside for big time sacks!

If there's a weakness in Tampa's new system its there defensive back field. However with such a dominant pass rush on paper will QB's be able to find open wide outs ?

Week 2 see's Tampa head into Dallas for an early tester ! Both teams have excellent wide receivers and top running back's. My prediction is a Tampa win by 6 1/2

Tampa's season ? Week's 9 to 13 are Key. Games against the 49ers,Falcons,Chargers, and the Redskins. Thats 4 NFC games, 3 are required!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers will finish on at least 12 wins ! Which should be enough for a 2 seed. With each win the Bucc's odds will go down. Get your bets in now. There the real deal !

Ye been warned !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

So full of the spoof Dave :rolleyes:

It must be remembered this will be my 1st (yes first) ever online game!!!

win by 6 and a 1/2 points??? if i score 7 i'll be thrilled!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Dave why not fire up odds for all teams for the title and divisions and see how you pan out in the end, we could fake bet and see who beats the bookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Pirate Ship will hit a very large iceberg in the shape of the Dallas Cowboys this gameweek ;) (I hope :pac:)

Seriously though welcome to the league mate. Good to have another player on board.

Paully D wrote: »
    The Pirate Ship will hit a very large iceberg in the shape of the Dallas Cowboys this gameweek ;) (I hope :pac:)

Seriously though welcome to the league mate. Good to have another player on board.

Cheers. Looking forward to it!!! Just go easy with Bradshaw!!! He's my kryptonite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Bucc's are now at 22-1 . Another team plundered by the Bucc's. Watch this space.

• Advertisement

The Bucc's are now at 22-1 . Another team plundered by the Bucc's. Watch this space.

Another??? That was my first ever game!!! I hate you Dave ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

22-1 after 3 weeks. Give them the superbowl :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    22-1 after 3 weeks. Give them the superbowl :pac:

wow, wow, wow!!! I think we're all getting a bit carried away here - though the banter is appreciated ;)

In the real world, 22/1 would make me the 15th favourite for SBXLVII ... Just behind the Falcons and ahead of the Jets if you're interested.

Translating that to Boards: i assume you dont have the CPU teams highly rated. By my count (and I could easily be wrong) there are 19 human teams. Ergo, you rate me as one of the bottom 5 human teams. I appreciate this ranking and am glad you have me here as I am yet to prove anything. Maybe in time my odds will drop or maybe they will rise. This, I assume, will be dictated by my results and the results of those around me!!!

So in conclusion, I don't think it's quite time to be handing over the trophy just yet ;)

In order to confirm the above, can we get odds for other teams Dave please?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fletcher out for 5 weeks thanks to the Buccs :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Ill post them up later tonite

• Advertisement

Can't wait ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'd like to remind you the Raiders will be looking at the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Layla Short Shoplifter

Paully D wrote: »
    Fletcher out for 5 weeks thanks to the Buccs :mad: :pac:

good job bucks need all the help i can get against that offense :D

Advertisement