Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairdressers in dublin city centre

• 03-05-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Was wondering if anyone can recommend a good hairdressers in Dubln city centre? I was a Gillian Edgeworth fan but have been left disappointed with the last few cuts and colours and it's now time to fly the hairdresser nest so to speak :D
    Would love any recommendations!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I go to Lunatic Fringe in Grafton St and can't recommend them enough. They rescued a disastrous haircut for me last year and I've been going ever since. I've been delighted with every haircut I've gotten, they're very friendly. You get tea/coffee if you like. I don't know what their colour is like, I haven't had my hair coloured there.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Steel Magnolia's in Stoneybatter are fab! They're literally half an hour walk from O'Connell Bridge. I can't recommend Shelly and co enough.

They make you feel so welcome. Gillian is a fantastic colourist and the whole salon is so friendly and chatty.

The last time I went, they got a box of sweets from a satisfied customer and instead of keeping them in the back and eating them themselves (as they would be very entitled to) they shared them around with all the customers in the salon. So lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Toffypop

Thanks so much to everyone who replied :) One of the hardest things to find in life is a good hairdressers and I've a few suggestions now to run with!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Sit Still on the corner of Fade St - near Hogans & the Market Bar.
    The owner in there is Mark and he's brilliant so make sure you ask for him. I've recommended heaps of friends and they all keep going back. When they wash your hair they do a proper head massage too. I always feel pampered there.

Edited to say Paul in Hessions in Drumchondra is great too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I always go to Alan in Toni and Guy for a cut. Best hairdresser I've ever had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

I'd highly recommend Ollie or Shane in the Natural Cut on Wicklow Street. They do dry cuts, which I much prefer. Have never had my hair coloured there.

Advertisement