Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket request system

Options
  • 03-05-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need to get a system for managing a group of web developers. Something like a helpdesk system where people can post up their required website changes and these can then be assigned to developers.

This system should allow me to be able to:

1. Create tickets by web form (maybe by email also)
    2. Generate detailed reports of tasks complete, outstanding, in progress etc for monitoring of staff / projects
    3. Assign tasks to developers
    4. Assign priorities to developers
    5. Accept comments / progress updates to tasks

I think the above would be standard enough on any such system. Can any of you recommend a system either paid or open source that would be suitable for my needs?

I have come across osTicket which may suit my needs but I would be interested to hear any other suggestions.

Many thanks,

John.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Trac is a nice project. LAMP based with integration to eclipse's Mylyn task management plugin. If you practise agile development there is a variant called Agilo - which might incur some costs.

Jira & Bugzilla are the other more obvious options I know of but they are more complex in comparison .. I like the simplicity of Trac myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bobby Hill

Check out Redmine www.redmine.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 johnsmith13

Advertisement