Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant suitable for a Christening Favor?

Options
  • 03-05-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

My sister wants to give a plant as a Christening Favor (i.e. a little gift for the guests at the Christening, that they can take home and remind them of the occasion). Can anyone recommend a suitable plant that can be sourced at the moment? Her budget is not hugh, approx. 5-10 euro per plant.

All suggestions welcome,

GB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There are some nice heathers in flower at the moment which would look pretty in a wrap of tissue paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I would probaby go for an alpine or rockery of some kind. They are basically small versions of regular plants. They come in small pots, maybe 9cm and should be around 3 to 5 euro each.

There are some lovely white saxifrages in bloom at the moment. White would be nice for a christening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Or Carnations (Dianthus) which are a beautiful flower (choose from white, pink, red etc blooms) that last a very long time and come back every year.

Advertisement