Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 690 is out £840

Options
  • 03-05-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

The cheapest one on Scan/Overclockers is £839, the dearest is £899. Who's gonna pay €1000+ for a graphics card? And they're all reference design.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

luyolo wrote: »
    The cheapest one on Scan/Overclockers is £839, the dearest is £899. Who's gonna pay €1000+ for a graphics card? And they're all reference design.

Probably the same people who bought the 590 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

Limericks wrote: »
    Probably the same people who bought the 590 :P

How much was the 590 on launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BillyCom

It'd be nice if they even had 680s in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

To be fair, its a beautiful looking reference design. don't like that it exhausts air out both sides though. my 6990 does that and it somewhat ruins airflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    To be fair, its a beautiful looking reference design. don't like that it exhausts air out both sides though. my 6990 does that and it somewhat ruins airflow.

Yup. That's my issue with it too. If you got 1k, just buy 2x680. I really doubt that people who buy 690 are looking for sli setup... I can't even imagine the driver quality.

• Advertisement

This gen looks like SLI doesn't scale that well on it anyway, if initial reports show its 185% faster than a 680.

AMD is got a lot to catch up on with the 7990, but they can beat the 690 if they put some serious work into its scaling. its the one weakness the 690 has. that, and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Keep in mind drivers are very raw. 680s are only out a bit more then a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Oh God, who in their right mind is going to pay this for a graphics card? And thats the cheapest one there.

This is hilarious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Reviews look very impressive I have to say. Cooler, quieter, less power and 96% of the performance of 680 SLI. Given that they've priced it at exactly twice the price of the 680, its a very good buy. The reference design is very nice looking too.

Reviews:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5805/nvidia-geforce-gtx-690-review-ultra-expensive-ultra-rare-ultra-fast/1
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/05/03/nvidia_geforce_gtx_690_dual_gpu_video_card_review

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I agree. Looks like a great option. You can essentially run 4-way 680 SLI if you wanted, with only two slots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭M00lers

I don't get all the hating for this card, it's a beast, if you can afford it why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

I don't get all the hating for this card, it's a beast, if you can afford it why not?

Would love to see them partnered together

I think its very tasty, if your someone like Balotelli it's pocket money.

Goes perfect with his 4k monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BillyCom

... our favourite authoritarian German leader is somewhat upset by the introduction of the new card however...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rFYAKI-1u4

:D

BillyCom wrote: »
    ... our favourite authoritarian German leader is somewhat upset by the introduction of the new card however...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rFYAKI-1u4

:D
    "I love the smell of burning GTX in the morning"

thats ****ing hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ondr4h

Hi lads, not shure if you're still interested, but found this !

Please don't spam our forums. This is a nice place with nice people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

^^^^
    LOL

Advertisement