Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband packages

Options
  • 03-05-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭

A question for Eircom.

Can upload broadband packages be offered instead of download originated packages.

Download packages suit people who browse the web, download music and video and read their emails

An upload package package would suit me lot more as i upload videos to youtube and play X box live online and play privately with friends.

I gladly give up some of my download speed for a better upload speed. Eircoms customers have different needs, so hopefully it something Eircom, could look into for the future.

I currently have 6 to down and 312kb up i honestly would accept 3 to 4 down to get 1.1.5 up...

Lot of kids swap for UPC to play games as the upload is better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Good question, I would also sacrifice my down speed to get more upload speed for better ping.
    Would be long gone from Eircom if UPC was available. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

You're looking a SDSL solution there. You might find that this offered under their Business portfolio and as such you can expect to pay much more than standard ADSL offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

legrand wrote: »
    You're looking a SDSL solution there. You might find that this offered under their Business portfolio and as such you can expect to pay much more than standard ADSL offering.

Cant get the business package according to Eircom. But i don't need lot of download speed i use the internet for different things. Surely Internet providers should be offering packages, to suit the needs of customers, not the other way around.

A upload package would suit me better, is all i am saying here. And it would help if they could introduce packages like this. Gaming culture is Ireland and around is getting bigger everyday, so the demand for better upload speeds is going to increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

A question for Eircom.

Can upload broadband packages be offered instead of download originated packages.

Download packages suit people who browse the web, download music and video and read their emails

An upload package package would suit me lot more as i upload videos to youtube and play X box live online and play privately with friends.

I gladly give up some of my download speed for a better upload speed. Eircoms customers have different needs, so hopefully it something Eircom, could look into for the future.

I currently have 6 to down and 312kb up i honestly would accept 3 to 4 down to get 1.1.5 up...

Lot of kids swap for UPC to play games as the upload is better.

Hi Cheerful Spring,

Thanks for you post. The following shows eircom's current Standard Home and Business broadband packages along with maximum upload information :

Maximum expected speeds -

Home packages -Standard broadband

Home Starter

Up to 1MbMaximum speeds: Download 1,024kbps Upload 128kbps
    Home Plus

Up to 3MbMaximum speeds: Download 3,072kbps Upload 384kbps
    Home Advanced

Up to 7MbMaximum speeds: Download 7,168kbps Upload 384kbps
    Home Turbo

Up to 24MbMaximum speeds: Download 24,576kbps Upload 768kbps

Business packages

Business Lite Plus

Business Starter

Up to 12MbMaximum speeds: Download 12,228kbps Upload 1,126kbps
    Business Enhanced

Up to 18/2MbMaximum speeds: Download 18,432kbps Upload 2,048kbps
    Business Advanced

Up to 24/1MbMaximum speeds: Download 24,576kbps Upload 1,024kbps

Next generation broadband

Maximum expected speeds
    Home packages

Next Generation Broadband Basic

Up to 8Mb Maximum speeds: Download 8,192kbps Upload 512kbps
    Next Generation Broadband Regular

Next Generation Broadband Ultimate

Up to 24Mb Maximum speeds: Download 24,576kbps Upload 768kbps

Business packages

Business Lite Next Generation

Business Lite Plus Next Generation

Helpful links

http://business.eircom.net/broadband/

Want to improve your broadband speed?

Visit our Support Site

For step-by-step help with any problems you may be experiencing.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Hi Cheerful Spring,

Thanks for you post. The following shows eircom's current Standard Home and Business broadband packages along with maximum upload information :

Maximum expected speeds -

Home packages -Standard broadband

Home Starter

Up to 1MbMaximum speeds: Download 1,024kbps Upload 128kbps
    Home Plus

Home Advanced

Up to 7MbMaximum speeds: Download 7,168kbps Upload 384kbps
    Home Turbo

Up to 24MbMaximum speeds: Download 24,576kbps Upload 768kbps

Business packages

Business Lite Plus

Business Starter

Up to 12MbMaximum speeds: Download 12,228kbps Upload 1,126kbps
    Business Enhanced

Up to 18/2MbMaximum speeds: Download 18,432kbps Upload 2,048kbps
    Business Advanced

Up to 24/1MbMaximum speeds: Download 24,576kbps Upload 1,024kbps

Next generation broadband

Maximum expected speeds
    Home packages

Next Generation Broadband Basic

Next Generation Broadband Regular

Next Generation Broadband Ultimate

Up to 24Mb Maximum speeds: Download 24,576kbps Upload 768kbps

Business packages

Business Lite Next Generation

Business Lite Plus Next Generation

Helpful links

http://business.eircom.net/broadband/

Want to improve your broadband speed?

Visit our Support Site

For step-by-step help with any problems you may be experiencing.

Best regards,
    Ant

Thanks Ant for the Information but none of this is relevant in regards to the question i asked. Your just giving me a list of what packages you currently offer higher download than upload speed. I can only get the 7 meg package on my line.

What i am asking is can Eircom introduce packages with higher upload speeds than download speeds. Is that somehow impossible or possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    Thanks Ant for the Information but none of this is relevant in regards to the question i asked. Your just giving me a list of what packages you currently offer higher download than upload speed. I can only get the 7 meg package on my line.

What i am asking is can Eircom introduce packages with higher upload speeds than download speeds. Is that somehow impossible or possible.

Thanks KIERAN1,

It is possible that changes will take place on the upload and /or download broadband speeds offered in the future. At the moment we offer the packages that I've already sent to you.

It is also possible that broadband may be different in the near future and instead of Adsl broadband, it may change to different standard or *dsl broadband. Already eircom offer Fibre broadband :We are in two locations at the minute (Wexford & S.Dublin) and more areas are planned.

You can check your phone number on the fibre broadband website. If your number qualifies then you will be contacted directly by the ring fence team.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

As we get any information on specific upgrades or roll out in areas, we will try to give this out to the Boards Community first, if we can.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Thanks KIERAN1,

It is possible that changes will take place on the upload and /or download broadband speeds offered in the future. At the moment we offer the packages that I've already sent to you.

It is also possible that broadband may be different in the near future and instead of Adsl broadband, it may change to different standard or *dsl broadband. Already eircom offer Fibre broadband :We are in two locations at the minute (Wexford & S.Dublin) and more areas are planned.

You can check your phone number on the fibre broadband website. If your number qualifies then you will be contacted directly by the ring fence team.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

As we get any information on specific upgrades or roll out in areas, we will try to give this out to the Boards Community first, if we can.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Unfortunately were i live not likely to see Fibre broadband ever, even though i only live around 9 miles outside the third largest city in Ireland. Least your looking into. It something i would like to see and i think lot of your customers would like too to see these type of broadband packages offered.

Advertisement