Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snap caps in a semi

Options
  • 03-05-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

All going well will be putting the license substituting forum in tomorrow(if the Garda are even in the barrack)!

Just wondering do any of you's put a snap cap in the your semi?

If not why not, why not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

I do for same reas as you put one in an ou sxs but no loads that dnt also

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr.Woodcock

Ment it more as does it release the pressure on the hammer, if ya get what I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Ment it more as does it release the pressure on the hammer, if ya get what I mean!

I would if I was storing it away for a long period, if not it wont make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

Well as I say your better looking at it rather than looking for it. The way I see it. It's only a few euro make better not taking the chance in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

it'd be more taking pressure of the spring! so i cant see the point! im sure its coil springs in a semi so no real need. would be different with leaf springs! i've only seen once wher a spring had to be replaced but that gun was more or less shot out! worn pin would be more common!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Use them all the time.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

Always wondered what snap caps are actually for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Always wondered what snap caps are actually for?

Allow you to dry fire the gun and relax the hammer springs without damaging the firing pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

any firearm in the safe is snap caped - that includes the semi autos:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr.Woodcock

Ye always had them in the o/u, just wasn't sure, asked a gunsmith before, he said it didn't matter in a semi(no leaf springs) , just wanted to know what others where doing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

But some older models have wire hammer springs and other of minor springs that stay under tension when it is cocked.so they will lose tension/compression over time too,so its worth getting snap caps for them as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement