Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio 2008 - Resource editor - Strings

Options
  • 03-05-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭

Anyone if it is possible to stop the resource editor from automatically expanding to the full size of the text in the field.

I use these for storing SQL queries and i find it pretty annoying that when i select one of the fields it automatically expends to the full size of the query.

Id also like the enter key to actually put a return into the text field and not move onto the next field.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Anyone if it is possible to stop the resource editor from automatically expanding to the full size of the text in the field.

I use these for storing SQL queries

I wanted to stop reading after that part....Are you gonna localize the SQL Queries?

Stored Procedures are your friend use them.

As for wanting a new line in the editor.... shift + enter that's in VS2010 any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

kayos wrote: »
    I wanted to stop reading after that part....Are you gonna localize the SQL Queries?

Stored Procedures are your friend use them.

As for wanting a new line in the editor.... shift + enter that's in VS2010 any way.

Ya i know stored procedures are cleaner but i have my reasons. lol.

Shift enter does work in 2008 but i find it annoying.

Advertisement