Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012 Munster OW Swims

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

The 2012 Munster open Water Calendar has been updated with a new race added and some other details changed. Changes since the last release (Version 1.01) are in red & italics in this version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

^^ Thanks for that,

that Skellig Michel swim is a bit steep at €95 all the same!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭swimforever

mad m wrote: »
    that Skellig Michel swim is a bit steep at €95 all the same!!!

It might seem expensive, but when you consider that a boat trip out to the Skelligs costs €50-60 then it puts it more in perspective (weather permitting the swimmers will also be able to go ashore Skellig Michael and explore it, as you do with the boat trip). They are planning on a small number of swimmers (less than 30) with extensive safety cover (they are planning approximately 10 boats and 6-8 kayaks). That's quite a big fuel cost right there. The swim cost will also include a t-shirt, swim cap and BBQ. So it is expensive, but there are good reasons why it is-it's not just that they're trying to make a big profit (btw I'm not involved with organising it!). It is a very unique swim given its location, and I'm sure that some people will think that it's worth the price. I'd love to be able to do it but I just can't afford it this year. I can't wait for the other swim that they organise though...the Beginish Island swim is on July 21st this year-it's one of the best swim weekends of the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

That's great bit of info swimforever....Didn't see that when was looking it up, maybe they should of said. But with a BBQ involved it ain't half bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Ive signed up for the skelligs swim. Should be a historic occassion - hopefully for all the right reasons! Looking forward to it. Beautiful part of the world, I love the Skelligs and have spent a few nights there before when I was younger....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Orla Christina Kaiser

okane1 wrote: »
    Launched a few days ago and robbed from Sandycove Swimmers webpage

http://sandycoveswimmers.com/2012/05/01/summer-is-here-3/

If I hear of any additional swims, I'll post them up here
    Now i have no excuse , i'm in training!

Advertisement