Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivy bridge €1500 tower - T minus 2 days

Options
  • 03-05-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey,
    First I want to apologise as I made another thread a few weeks ago, that was before I knew about ivy bridge and I did get great help here. I also completely changed my opinion on what type of hardware I want, I am willing to OC etc.
    I have been real busy since but now the new chips are here and I am gonna order it tomorrow or saturday.

1. What is your budget? [Dont want to spend more than €1500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [College Work, Browsing and a little gaming]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    [No]

5. Do you need a monitor?
    [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need.
    [22"+]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    [Yes but no experience]

8. How can you pay?
    [any]

9. When are you purchasing?
    [within a few days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    [I *should* be okay]

Proposed build first draft
    Item|Price
    Super-Flower SF550P14XE Golden Green Pro 80plus gold|€75.91
    Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, Intel Z77, mATX|€83.23
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€212.85
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9|€42.83
    Dell UltraSharp U2312HM|€188.70
    HIS HD 7850 GDDR5 2048MB DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP|€220.36
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")|€120.74
    Noctua NH-D14, Sockel AM2/AM2+/AM3/775/1366/1155/1156|€67.99

CASE : Silverstone SST-TJ08E £87.34 (need small form factor)

Is the 550w sufficient or do I need to beef it up.
    I know nothing about ram speeds etc but I hear ivy bridge has big gains so I want to get good memory. Can anyone link a good ram, probably one without a heat sink if its blocks the noctua?
    I see alot of recommendation for the sapphire GPU, is there much difference with that and the HIS?
    Would you take an intel 330 series over the crucial m4? its only £105 at amazon

thanks a million:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

The crucial is only 93.3 pounds in amazon. From what i have gathered from this forum, the crucial is a much better option ( now even better as the price are down).

Sorry but i cant answer your other queries. Hopefully someone else will. Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

Thanks alot jmx009m. Sweet, only 2 weeks ago I had the crucial in my basket for €134.

Oh I cant believe I posted that title... :o
    but I definitely gonna order it by then;)

Advertisement