Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit

Options
  • 03-05-2012 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Myself and my flatmate pay our bill through direct debit, the account is in his name but the direct debit is from my bank account. I am moving out and want to cancel my DD, my flatmate will continue to pay the bills but wants to pay through the post office rather than by DD, will there be an extra charge onto the bill if it is paid this way. B the way the account has been paid by DD for 12 months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Gal453,

This change would require a security deposit of €300.

It is after 14 months from issue of the first bill, and continuous payment by direct debit throughout that period, that a direct debit can be cancelled and no security deposit required.

Is it possible for you to continue paying it by direct debit until the 14-month period since the first bill has elapsed, and to be reimbursed by your flatmate?

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement