Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom - the customer service???

• 03-05-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hello,

sorry if this goes on a bit!!!

some advice please. i live in rural part of country and my only option for non dongle broadband is ripplecom.

i have been with them now for a while.

i have had several issues with speeds, lack of service for a while.

so i called them to come out to sort the problem.

so a guy comes out to fix my issue and notices that my router is mounted to the wall by a nail( on its side, not flat down) so the guy informs me it should never have been installed that way that something is going to burn out (his words) and that he can get me up and going again but he will not remove the router from the wall, that he is only here to fix my service, not move equipment and that he cant do so in case he is liable for damaging it.

so he fixes my connection and says get back on to head office and they will arrange someone else to come out to move the equipment.

so i get an email the next day from head office,

here is mail:

I have just spoken to my manager regarding moving your wireless router, unfortunately our engineers would only have called to rectify the issue you had been having he wouldn’t be authorised to move any equipment. I could schedule you in for another call out to get your equipment moved but there would be a €65 charge and we would need an email from you authorising him to move the equipment and if anything went wrong with the equipment afterwards we would not be liable.

........................................................................................

so i then speak to an operater after getting this mail to be told that when my install was done it was done by a guy that was sub contracted at the time to install the equipment as they were very busy. and that i would need to deal with that person directly to get it fixed or they can send someone out for 65euro.

so my e mail reply was this:

As far as I’m concerned the eingineer/installer was not employed by me to enter my home and mount a router to a wall, ripplecom employed him to do it, wheather he did the job right or not is no.1 not my fault and no.2 not my job to fix. so therefore it is ripplecom's responsibility to rectify the problem. why am I as a customer chasing down someone ripplecom employed to do the job, that is not my job, its ripplecoms. and in speaking to eingineer/installer he informs me that he now lives in donegal. so you want me to deal with a person that is over 320 km away from me. the situation coud not be more simple,

1.i ordered broadband from ripplecom.

2.an eingineer/ installer came to my home and did a bad job.(that person was either directly or indirectly employed by ripplecom)

3.so common sense would be to send someone else back out to fix the issue, weather that is a direct employee of ripplecom or subcontracter, i dont care.

4.because the job was so badly done why in gods name would i pay 65.00euro to fix a bad installation in the 1st place.

so thats were i am right now, i know i am going to have further issues with the router thats mounted to the wall because the speeds are awful and i know it will stop working eventually. now the most frustrating thing is that i can fix the problem, i have 4 or 5 spare routers at home and i can work away and solve it no problem, my point is why bloody should i. i dont like how i have been treated and i want to see what ripplecom does next, as i saidif it comes to it, i can solve the problem but im just pissed off with the way i have been treated, whatever happens, ripplecom aint getting 65euro off me.

any thoughts!!!

Advertisement