Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawing the Dole

Options
  • 03-05-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    I am nearly finished my second year in college. My course in 2 years but there is a add on 3rd and 4th year. Is it possible for me to draw the dole during the summer as technically I am finished my college course until I apply for my 3rd year.

Also will i have to reapply for my grant again as i got it for the level 6.

Thanks in advance,
    Niall
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

Hi you cant get the dole during the summer, you have to be finished for 3 months before you can apply

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tipp2k12

oh really? I thought that was only for secondary school.

Thanks for the reply!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The three month disqualification is only for Leaving Certificate. If you have finished your course, and can provide a letter from your college to that effect, you can claim once that course is finished, regardless of your plans for September. You must be looking for work for the summer however.

Advertisement