Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

setanta74 wrote: »
    Playoff chances done? 5 wins needed? I can only see 2 wins against the raiders and the rams.

Dunno where the other 3 would come from Baltimore, Niners and Chiefs away or Broncos and Pats at home.

Stick a fork in us?

I wouldn't say we're done just yet D. But like u say it's hard to see where more than 2 wins will come from. The remainder of this season will/should tell us a lot about the coaching staff and many of the players.

Both groups need to be called out at the very least privately by ownership and GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Tx for stopping by.

Yep zero support from the O line yesterday (and for last few weeks in fact). O line needs to be blown up. But we have deeper problems methinks, motivation and accountability issues, not to mention all the injuries.

Oakland stood up quite well to Seattle yesterday esp away from home. Sparano seems to have guys trying (unlike our coaching ticket). I like what I see from Carr. Sparano probably isn't long term answer though, could see Rex Ryan ending up there. U can have John Pagano (our DC) too if you want.
    Thanks Leslie. Think we'll pass on Rex Ryan. We had his brother as our Defence Co-ordinator. And wasnt a success. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

O-line is shocking but so is our depth at the position. Leave Watt at RG and let him and Fluker build some trust.
    Our run game is getting stuffed by opposition DLines only, they don't have to commit their linebackers to the run and can just plan on pressuring, having Mathews back will help as he can be a punishing RB that will require more bodies to stop him

Rivers is bad but he's trying to force everything as he has no faith in the line. Plays haven't time to develop and Reich has to make adjustments to this.

It's been an awful 3 game stretch, thankfully we have the bye, need it badly

Hate byes.... but we need this one bad.

Apart from all the blatantly obvious issues going into this bye i.e. pass rush, Reyes, Butler and the O line, one thing that needs to be overhauled and looked at is the Offensive playcalling. Where is the quick passing game/getting the ball out of Rivers hands much earlier (and so camouflage how bad the O line is a bit), where are the screens?, where is the zone running game. When I see Philip throw it up there (more than 20 yds downfield) it brings me back to the dark days of Norv's LONG developing passing plays which just plays into the hands of good pass rushes and our bad O line.

McCoy needs to get Reich back onto the way we were doing it and should be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

I agree. The short passing game worked well last year. I remember the Patriots using it to great effect a few seasons ago with Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. They were virtually unstoppable for a while using it.

We have Gates, Green (hardly used this year) and Royal who could do similar and we can mix it up with Allen and Floyd. Seems a no brainer to me.

The play calling has changed but that's because defences are playing us differently now. Teams know they don't need to blitz to beat our O-line, 4 man rushes will do and they drop linebackers into coverage and eat up the passing lanes which means we can't get our quick game going.
    I think getting Mathews back will mean we can continually pound out 1st downs on the ground and hopefully that'll force the linebackers to respect our run game. This isn't a slight on Oliver who has been brilliant for us but we need someone who can run over guys.

I usually hate bye weeks but this one is a relief, I just hope they can come out of it healthy and raring to go

OAOB wrote: »
    The play calling has changed but that's because defences are playing us differently now. Teams know they don't need to blitz to beat our O-line, 4 man rushes will do and they drop linebackers into coverage and eat up the passing lanes which means we can't get our quick game going.
    I think getting Mathews back will mean we can continually pound out 1st downs on the ground and hopefully that'll force the linebackers to respect our run game. This isn't a slight on Oliver who has been brilliant for us but we need someone who can run over guys.

I usually hate bye weeks but this one is a relief, I just hope they can come out of it healthy and raring to go

There is a lot of truth to the fact that teams don't need to putting 7 or 8 'in the box' to stop our run attack.

Oh Lord..that was ugly as hell. Coming off a bye week I expected a whole lot more. Good job we were playing the worst team in football.

Defence was average, offense was below average.
    If the raiders had a more experienced/composed QB they would have destroyed us.
    Rivers hasn't been great the last few weeks but guys really aren't helping him out

• Advertisement

Defence was average, offense was below average.
    If the raiders had a more experienced/composed QB they would have destroyed us.
    Rivers hasn't been great the last few weeks but guys really aren't helping him out

Watched the game last night. I was surprised by the Chargers, we were completely inept on Offense yet still could have won it up to the end. Even with Matthews back, the offense isnt clicking. Rivers is having problems connecting with his receivers. Now, our Defense has improved (not by much), but still, ye should have ate us for breakfast!

I'm just glad we have the best punter in the league!!......sad I know.

I'm just glad we have the best punter in the league!!......sad I know.
    My God, was he good yesterday. He had a great game, pegged us back consistently.

I'm moving on to 2015 lads. This group is going nowhere fast esp with McNorv at the helm. I want Telesco to act. McNorv does not appear to have 1 clue how to manage a game and this is a common theme now (nor know how to prepare a team). Either we employ someone who does to make the decisions for him or ask him to walk. We had 2 weeks to get ready for this game and we were pure ****e. So much for the coaching, WTF are these lads doing on the practice fields!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

You sound like spiralism

• Advertisement

What did McCoy do that was so terrible in his game management? It didn't jump out to me anyway.
    I think our execution on offense is terrible, Rivers has to take a lot of blame but in fairness we can't catch a break at C this year. I think we've blamed coaches too much, everyone is accountable for their own actions and players and coaches need to raise their game.
    It's not lost for this year but its getting to last chance saloon

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rockstar_91

Definitely doesn't help that Rivers is playing hurt. Its just been a disaster on the injuries front. 8-8 could be a stretch, and given the start this year that would be disappointing really.

I'm moving on to 2015 lads. This group is going nowhere fast esp with McNorv at the helm. I want Telesco to act. McNorv does not appear to have 1 clue how to manage a game and this is a common theme now (nor know how to prepare a team). Either we employ someone who does to make the decisions for him or ask him to walk. We had 2 weeks to get ready for this game and we were pure ****e. So much for the coaching, WTF are these lads doing on the practice fields!?

Although at times Ive been frustrated at how some games have went I dont think McCoy is in Norv territory just yet. To be fair to the guy he got us to the playoffs last , won a game and now sits at 6-4 in the playoff mix on the back of a horrendous batch of injuries this season.

I do share your concerns though with game management but I dont know if its the coaches or the players. It was criminal that a team as bad as the raiders were sunday that they were allowed cling to our coat trails and bring that game down to the wire. That does not auger well for the tough games we now have. 9-7 is a stretch I think and that wont be enough for a wild card.

What did McCoy do that was so terrible in his game management? It didn't jump out to me anyway.
    I think our execution on offense is terrible, Rivers has to take a lot of blame but in fairness we can't catch a break at C this year. I think we've blamed coaches too much, everyone is accountable for their own actions and players and coaches need to raise their game.
    It's not lost for this year but its getting to last chance saloon

In this game check out the end of the first half where we whimpered to a 48 yd FG miss. Could have taken the TO with 17/18 secs left, ran a play to get us closer and make the FG easier.

The fact that Novak missed compounded the stupidity.

Although at times Ive been frustrated at how some games have went I dont think McCoy is in Norv territory just yet. To be fair to the guy he got us to the playoffs last , won a game and now sits at 6-4 in the playoff mix on the back of a horrendous batch of injuries this season.

I do share your concerns though with game management but I dont know if its the coaches or the players. It was criminal that a team as bad as the raiders were sunday that they were allowed cling to our coat trails and bring that game down to the wire. That does not auger well for the tough games we now have. 9-7 is a stretch I think and that wont be enough for a wild card.

Defo the coach D, Rivers looked to the sideline for direction at the end of 1st half and McCoy told him to stop, let clock bleed to 2 secs and then call TO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Guys same as when we where at 5-1 people didn't think anyone but the broncos would beat us.

We have now gone far too far the other way in criticism. Watch us go out next week and blow St. Louis out of the water.

Crazy calling for McCoy's head. Needs time. What has Arenas done that McCoy hasn't?

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Guys same as when we where at 5-1 people didn't think anyone but the broncos would beat us.

We have now gone far too far the other way in criticism. Watch us go out next week and blow St. Louis out of the water.

Crazy calling for McCoy's head. Needs time. What has Arenas done that McCoy hasn't?

Fair play Rochey.... I wonder how many of us share the optimism (not me). I laughed at the Power rankings and all the talk when we were 5 and 1. We had beaten nobody bar the SB champs and sure they don't appear to be anything like last yrs team.

U mean Arians right?.... when he came in for Pagano in Indy he guided them to a 9 and 3 record. He has his current team at 9 and 1. He hasn't been a HC in the playoffs yet so McCoy has that over him. He did win the SB as OC in Pittsburgh.

As for McCoy getting us to the playoff last year. We backed in, other teams melted down and the KC kicker missed a kick he normally makes. Yes we went and beat Cincy on the rd but u get Dalton on a bad day and anybody can stuff them.

I'm saying McCoy hasn't got it as a HC, simple as that. Might be a good OC but that's it. Head coaching is about so much more. I'm not saying Arians is far superior either because I don't pay as much attention to Az games.

I forgot about the clock running down and the missed FG. Hard to argue with that. We could have had 2 shots at the endzone and still had time for a FG on 4th down.

So what did we think of that lads?

Didn't think we were particularly good, made some nice plays at times and made important ones when we needed to.

We shot ourselves in the foot a few times which gave the rams points but they'd have to be annoyed with how many big plays they had called back because of their Oline.

Great to see Mathews back, he was class last night and probably should have had more carries in the first half

So what did we think of that lads?

Didn't think we were particularly good, made some nice plays at times and made important ones when we needed to.

We shot ourselves in the foot a few times which gave the rams points but they'd have to be annoyed with how many big plays they had called back because of their Oline.

Great to see Mathews back, he was class last night and probably should have had more carries in the first half

Amazing entertainment in that we tried our best to allow the Rams stay in it. Was delighted for Keenan after the fumble and muff (not that the muff was his fault).

Thought the O line did much better than we can expect although Troutman is still not starter material. Been saying it for weeks Watt is the future at center he should be in there permanently now. Ohrnberger is a backup at best.

Mathews had some nice runs. Great to La'more'ius Green being looked at. Also great to see the Chargers O (McCoy/Reich) running a proper 2 min clock mgmt drill for once. More of that please.

Rivers looked much more comfortable getting the ball out quick and audibling loads at the line.

Thought Gilly was awful, he can't be a Charger after 2014 surely?, and yet how ironic was it that it was he who made the play to win it.

Shareece had a nitemare too but I still think he is a decent corner. I'd keep him and Flowers and with Verrett we will have 3 solid corners.

Such a typical Chargers victory. I thought the game was up though and we had blown it. Despite a few things I think the D won it for us overall. The O had the chance to close out the game with our last possession and failed. Cant believe the Gilchrist INT in the endzone. Amazing. Never saw it coming and either did Shaun Hill. Less said about the special teams the better. Oh man that punt!!!!!!...surely on Davis?

I thought we ran the clock pretty well for most of the 2nd half. Mathews looked great out there and Chris Watt did pretty well. Big plays at big times from Green and "Vicar in a Tutu" ;-)

Another rollercoaster ride before bedtime last night. Glad of the win. Going to be hard to pick up another 3 from the last 5 though.

Such a typical Chargers victory. I thought the game was up though and we had blown it. Despite a few things I think the D won it for us overall. The O had the chance to close out the game with our last possession and failed. Cant believe the Gilchrist INT in the endzone. Amazing. Never saw it coming and either did Shaun Hill. Less said about the special teams the better. Oh man that punt!!!!!!...surely on Davis?

I thought we ran the clock pretty well for most of the 2nd half. Mathews looked great out there and Chris Watt did pretty well. Big plays at big times from Green and "Vicar in a Tutu" ;-)

Another rollercoaster ride before bedtime last night. Glad of the win. Going to be hard to pick up another 3 from the last 5 though.

I did too. Never in a month of Sundays did I think, of all people, that Gilly would intercept it. He's dropped more picks than I've had hot dinners.

Yeah that muff was on Davis... hopefully he and others will learn from it. How was your gamepass?, mine was ****e until the 4th quarter I missed quite a few plays as a result , was freaking me out.

A game we would of lost under the old management.

After the bye it's all about winning for me. Baltimore is a massive game, because I can't see us beating the pats.

Oliver is good but he is no Ryan Mathews.
    Great to have him back and hopefully fully healthy for the rest of the year. Flowers needs to be signed up too.

On to the next game, pity Miami couldn't pull out a win last night.

A game we would of lost under the old management.

After the bye it's all about winning for me. Baltimore is a massive game, because I can't see us beating the pats.

Oliver is good but he is no Ryan Mathews.
    Great to have him back and hopefully fully healthy for the rest of the year. Flowers needs to be signed up too.

On to the next game, pity Miami couldn't pull out a win last night.

We've got the Pats at home I'd give us a shout at home but no chance in Foxboro. Baltimore is v much a winnable game but we need to improve and continue improving.

Offense played well mostly. Jenkins made a great play on the pick. Was disappointed with Allens fumble. Mathews was excellent. Chris Watt was good.

Pleased with defense. 3 takeaways. Gave up two tds but I would assign a large portion of the blame on special teams for both of them. Need to convert the nearly sacks though

Special teams were awful. Cunningham was doing very well with his returns against us. Admittedly, he is leading the league but it all looked so easy. The muffed punt was ridiculous. Don't want Allen back there. Given it's Jeff Fisher we had to expecting a fake punt at that stage in the game. Finally why punt directly to Austin in the middle of the field.

• Advertisement

Molly wrote: »
    Offense played well mostly. Jenkins made a great play on the pick. Was disappointed with Allens fumble. Mathews was excellent. Chris Watt was good.

Pleased with defense. 3 takeaways. Gave up two tds but I would assign a large portion of the blame on special teams for both of them. Need to convert the nearly sacks though

Special teams were awful. Cunningham was doing very well with his returns against us. Admittedly, he is leading the league but it all looked so easy. The muffed punt was ridiculous. Don't want Allen back there. Given it's Jeff Fisher we had to expecting a fake punt at that stage in the game. Finally why punt directly to Austin in the middle of the field.

V much so... we can't seem to wrap up opposing QBs.

Must say it was v nice to beat Fisher, after Belicheat he is a HC I love to hate on. He was partly resp for ending Merriman's career.

I did too. Never in a month of Sundays did I think, of all people, that Gilly would intercept it. He's dropped more picks than I've had hot dinners.

Yeah that muff was on Davis... hopefully he and others will learn from it. How was your gamepass?, mine was ****e until the 4th quarter I missed quite a few plays as a result , was freaking me out.

I thought it was just my connection..yep I had problems with it freezing and then missing a play. After a while when it froze I just reduced the quality instantly and then adjusted it upwards again and it kept it flowing without missing anything but was a pain. It was never that bad before. Really bad 3rd quarter and between 8 and 9 too when I was watching redzone.

Missed the last 32 seconds (Basically from when the kick was returned by Jacoby Jones until the end) due to living in Massachusetts. Was nerve-racking watching the play by play on nfl.com!

Good
    1) Keenan Allen
    2) Rivers
    3) Floyd
    4) Liuget
    5) Flowers
    6) Watt

Bad
    1) Weddle (Personal foul wtf)
    2) Wright
    3) Gilchrist
    4) Kickoff strategy
    5) Fluker with the strip of Royal

Looked like Levine had a hold of the back of M80s jersey and this would have been really apparent to the referee who was right there, didn't seem to be too much softer than any of the other numerous calls. Not sure who I want to win between Chiefs and Broncos

My stream went to the pats packers match with 30 seconds left, couldnt believe it. Scrambled to stream redzone and got the last play.

Flowers was brilliant last night and the rest of our secondary were awful, if we didn't have him it would have been a very ugly game.
    Thought the front 7 defence wasn't bad last night (with the exception of Butler), the ravens had to convert a lot of 3rd downs and 6 of them they got by penalties in the secondary. Red zone defence was great.

Offense was good once it got going. Mathews is showing what we were missing and all the receivers contributed big. Allen looked brilliant and Gates was Gates. Rivers was composed throughout.

Special mention to Robinson playing at C, we didn't miss a beat with him in there and if he can stay that good and get watt back then we might finally have our front 5. Dunlap, Troutman, Robinson, Watt, Fluker

Special teams were poor but not sure if novak was 100% as apparently scifres was practicing kicks pregame.

Baltimore were pissed over the refs call at the end but that's how it was called the whole game against us. They should be pissed with Dumervill lining up offside 3 times, stupid of him but I thought it was great

Just on Fluker tackling royal, I couldn't see him contacting the ball but I do think royal needs to hold the ball there, he was in traffic so securing the ball should be his no.1 priority. I actually loved the effortt of Fluker to try get us every possible inch out of the play

Well..another roller coaster charger game. Love it!!!..have to say I didnt see it coming. After the start with the INT I just thought it was going to be a long night.

There were some bonehead moments and I agree with OAOB for calling out Wright and Gilchrist..thank God for Brandon Flowers..what a signing he has been and what a game last night.

Huge props to Robinson stepping in there...we could have crumbled at that point but the line manned up bigtime.

There was real blood and guts in that performance last night and its great to see such spirit in the squad. Its been there all year to be honest aside from Miami.

I thought once we got a foothold in the game we moved the ball well and used the clock well. Credit to Reich there. We are still prone though to doing stupid things and giving up big plays. Forsett broke some big gains and my heart was in my mouth with Jacoby Jones on his returns especially at the end. Agree again with OAOB on the kickoff strategies....needed to eliminate the run back threat there a bit better.

What more can I say about PR..he's incredible...so too Gates..Charger legends...everyman and his dog knows Gates is Rivers go to guy yet they cant stop big Antonio..time and time again he converts...how many 3rd downs did we convert last night?...something like 9/11....thats insane!!!

Allen and Malcolm were beasts last night and Royal and Mathews contributed when required. Amazing win against a very strong team like Baltimore. Our recurring problems are still there (SS / CB / ILB's / injured centres / Converting those "nearly sacks") but to find ways to win despite those issues is why I love this team. Never a dull moment. Playoff dream still alive and thats all we can ask for. I just know this team will be at least 20%-30% stronger next year than this year.

Jaysus lads... those of you who lost coverage at the end, I was complaining about gamepass where the quality again was poor but I could make out what was going on and audio was fine.

Agree with alot of the above. Thought special teams esp the kick off coverage was rubbish, we were lights out earlier in the season what has happened?, is being down Gach that big a deal?

Thought Shareece played himself out of an extension in SD, at least I hope he did. I've always like him but one can no longer defend the indefensible (pardon the pun). He and Gilly need to be shown the door and we need to find ourselves some more DBs. Scary to think that none of the others eg. Williams, Davis and Crawford etc can't get some time ahead of Shareece. I was bummed about us losing Ducre to the Skins, he might have been the guy to replace him.

Our ILBs are awful. Butler and Teo are a joke at this stage. No wonder Gach is/was getting so much gametime. We even had Reggie Walker playing for Butler at times yesterday, Walker is decent but playing ILB as much as he was yesterday is shameful as far as Butler goes. He is literally stealing money now.

Our D will need a complete overhaul. We could end up dumping/losing about 5 starters come 2015 i.e. Wright, Gilly, Butler (imagine!), JJ (has he 1 more yr?, doubt it) and Reyes.

I too tip my hat to Robinson who came in for Watt. Heard him mention in the locker room that as he was with the Bengals he knew the Ravens real well so he was kinda fortunate that the debut came against them. Having said that on the face of it he did not put a foot wrong.

The receivers were unreal, some of those passes Rivers through were not things of beauty but the likes of Keenan snagged them all. It was great to see him have the game he did.

This win was like 2 wins considering the importance of it in AFC wildcard race, esp with Pitt and Browns losing (and Ravens of course). Onto the Pats... our nemesis. I almost go into Kevin Keegan like mode (when NUFC were playing Manyoo) when it comes to them.

Chargers cut Geathers to save 75k, very strange as he had really progressed last off season and would probably have been starting NT this year if not injured. He'd definitely be useful as a rotational player next year.
    It sounds like he was cut for non football reasons and he had character issues that lead to him being undrafted so i reckon he must have done something stupid. Shame

Chargers cut Geathers to save 75k, very strange as he had really progressed last off season and would probably have been starting NT this year if not injured. He'd definitely be useful as a rotational player next year.
    It sounds like he was cut for non football reasons and he had character issues that lead to him being undrafted so i reckon he must have done something stupid. Shame

I dunno, I always thought he played too tall for nose. But he probably wasn't mobile/agile enough to play end. I guess Carrethers, Palepoi and Mathews have made him expendable.

I dunno, I always thought he played too tall for nose. But he probably wasn't mobile/agile enough to play end. I guess Carrethers, Palepoi and Mathews have made him expendable.

His pad level was really good in preseason and he was really disruptive going against the starters so he had really progressed. I think Mathews and Lissemore are better prospects at DE than NTs so Geathers, Carrethers and Palepoi could fight to back up our newly drafted stud NT:cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Look at you guys being all technical..."playing too tall"..."pad levels".........I love it :)

Look at you guys being all technical..."playing too tall"..."pad levels".........I love it :)

Yeah it makes me feel smart and knowledgeable. I only hope the guys I'm plagiarising are actually smart and knowledgeable

😂 pad levels. Ye we know our stuff.
    Just reading through previous comments, I think we are being over critical.

Do agree that Wright could miss out on a contract with Flowers needing to be signed up.

I beleive we are short a stud DL, and one OL of winning a Superbowl.

I think Wright will be allowed explore FA but he's a very good 3rd CB if we couldresign him back on a team friendly deal. Signing Flowers is a priority and we finally have cap space to make it a reality.

SS is a mess, let Gilchrist walk. Not sure if Addae is the answer, probably not. If we had a good SS we'd have the best secondary in the league.

LBs is a mess. JJ is the only reliable one and at his age a long term contract is a no. Sign Freeney for another year but strictly 3rd down player. Ingram needs to stay healthy.
    The big question is Butler, Telesco has to make a call on it. I still find it hard to believe Butler is a money grabber, he never seemed like that type of guy before.

On the Dline I think we need one big NT body to rotate with Carrethers. I think Lissemore could be a good DE and allow Reyes to sub in on 3rd downs.

Oline priority should be to resign Dunlap, we've lots of problems there but without him we're truly ****ed. Draft the best lineman available in the 1st.

How hard will they go after Mathews, he needs way more money than Brown who is well paid. I'd cut Brown either way.

For our offence we're top heavy with TEs. Telesco needs to pick either Philips or Johnson, neither are great.

WRs are good but no depth at the position. We're only dressing 4 on game days and last week Royal and Floyd were injured simultaneously. Inman isn't getting a look in.

😂 pad levels. Ye we know our stuff.
    Just reading through previous comments, I think we are being over critical.

Do agree that Wright could miss out on a contract with Flowers needing to be signed up.

I beleive we are short a stud DL, and one OL of winning a Superbowl.

I'd include ILBs too.... and prob an additional O lineman.

I think Wright will be allowed explore FA but he's a very good 3rd CB if we couldresign him back on a team friendly deal. Signing Flowers is a priority and we finally have cap space to make it a reality.

SS is a mess, let Gilchrist walk. Not sure if Addae is the answer, probably not. If we had a good SS we'd have the best secondary in the league.

LBs is a mess. JJ is the only reliable one and at his age a long term contract is a no. Sign Freeney for another year but strictly 3rd down player. Ingram needs to stay healthy.
    The big question is Butler, Telesco has to make a call on it. I still find it hard to believe Butler is a money grabber, he never seemed like that type of guy before.

On the Dline I think we need one big NT body to rotate with Carrethers. I think Lissemore could be a good DE and allow Reyes to sub in on 3rd downs.

Oline priority should be to resign Dunlap, we've lots of problems there but without him we're truly ****ed. Draft the best lineman available in the 1st.

How hard will they go after Mathews, he needs way more money than Brown who is well paid. I'd cut Brown either way.

For our offence we're top heavy with TEs. Telesco needs to pick either Philips or Johnson, neither are great.

WRs are good but no depth at the position. We're only dressing 4 on game days and last week Royal and Floyd were injured simultaneously. Inman isn't getting a look in.

I think Attaochu will be starting at OLB next yr. Freeney to me looks done I wouldn't bother with him next year. Ingram is a real disappointment since coming back from injury. Perhaps he is still not 100%. ILBs is huge problem esp with the money invested in BUSTler. Teo doesn't appear to be much use but again perhaps he is not 100%.

Scary to think Gachkar is probably our best ILB right now. Conner seems to be missing his fair share of tackles recently.

Your'e right about NT but Carrethers was really impressing me prior to the elbow. I wouldn't mind us moving on from both Johnson and Phillips at TE, both are nowhere near good enough if all they are is blocking TEs.

Inman will come god, he's working with Eddie Royal lots and that will stand to him. Danario Alexander might be worth another short term punt.

My priorities are Oline, NT and ILB next draft. We can probably pick up a blocking TE late in the draft. We might even need to start looking at having a KO specialist, which in my opinion is 100% ridiculous waste, but if Novak/Scifres can't do it then we're in trouble.

• Advertisement

LBers is a position that has me confused.Everyone has about the same productivity and there's no obvious starters. I don't even know who are listed as our starting olb, jj is a run stopper but freeney ingram and attaochu are all meant to be rushers. Ingram is the most rounded of them so should he start and the other 2 be in only on passing downs?

Ingram is the stud. He is our #1 imo along with whoever matches up best

LBers is a position that has me confused.Everyone has about the same productivity and there's no obvious starters. I don't even know who are listed as our starting olb, jj is a run stopper but freeney ingram and attaochu are all meant to be rushers. Ingram is the most rounded of them so should he start and the other 2 be in only on passing downs?

Yeah when he is fit Ingram starts opposite JJ. When JJ comes out Attaochu comes in generally. Freeney spells Ingram or ends up playing one of the 'end' positions with Ingram at OLB.

Perhaps we've not all seen the game yet?.... I know I only got to see it this evening. Holy F what a complete egg laying by the O, by McCoy/Reich/Rivers/O line.

I must admit I got very worked up watching this shambles esp when the D gave this team every chance to beat the feckin Pats once and for all.

I've calmed down a bit but am still incredulous at what this O line is getting away with. At least 3 of them should not be starting in the NFL imho. And while Rivers must be apoplectic inside (and we did see him roar at them last nite) he is not completely blameless either. This might have been his worst performance as a Bolt ever.

On the bright side was saw glimpses of what Ingram may yet be capable of. But this game was not about the D for a change.

And what about the punt at 4th and 4 at midfield with 6 mins left and us down by 2 scores.... for me we had to go for it there to have any chance. McCoy turtling yet again, I look forward to the presser today when no doubt he will be under more pressure to try and justify his decision. The stock answer of 'doing what is best for the team' is complete BS at this stage. Some great articles in UT today/yesterday by Calkins and Canepa on this topic.

I watched it and beleive it or not was quite impressed. The oline, I thought did some great stuff, it was the missed blocks and assignments that killed us, but the general blocking was much better.

Philip didn't make it happen and Keenan couldn't get away from Revis.

We need a stud of a defensive linemen and one on oline and we can win the Superbowl.

Also impressed with Teo in coverage, besides the INT, for a guy who was not meant to have the speed, looked good.

Ingram reminded me of lights out. Smacking people and bringing constant pressure.

Huge game next week. Must win, if we do I wouldn't be surprised if we won out.

Lose and we are probably done but of course stranger things have happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement