Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You're 3 point underdogs lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

matthew8 wrote: »
    You're 3 point underdogs lads.

Oooops my bad lads. I read it wrong. We're at +3.5 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Oooops my bad lads. I read it wrong. We're at +3.5 right now.

Just spotted that myself too. I'll certainly be getting involved with that, I think even if cincy beat us it'll be by only 3 or less... also think Houston getting 3.5 points against Carolina are a good bet to cover that as Watt & Clowney will go flat out to murder Cam Newton right from the off.. Possibly going to throw the Rams to win by over 3.5 against the Redskins too, make it a patent, have a bit of fun with it!!
    Made quite a bit of cash last year backing the Bills whenever they were getting points, but as the game is A against the Pats and B only one point in the bills favour, I'll let it slide this week I think!!

carmanard wrote: »
    Just spotted that myself too. I'll certainly be getting involved with that, I think even if cincy beat us it'll be by only 3 or less... also think Houston getting 3.5 points against Carolina are a good bet to cover that as Watt & Clowney will go flat out to murder Cam Newton right from the off.. Possibly going to throw the Rams to win by over 3.5 against the Redskins too, make it a patent, have a bit of fun with it!!
    Made quite a bit of cash last year backing the Bills whenever they were getting points, but as the game is A against the Pats and B only one point in the bills favour, I'll let it slide this week I think!!

I hear Houston might be going with Mallett this week too. Hoyer was terrible last week. I wonder can Mallett get anything going. It must be a killer for players like Watt to be on a team without a QB.

Interesting to hear your bets. I, now and again, try and pick 5 or 6 results in an accum but it has never come off. NFL is just so hard to predict.

I hear Houston might be going with Mallett this week too. Hoyer was terrible last week. I wonder can Mallett get anything going. It must be a killer for players like Watt to be on a team without a QB.

Interesting to hear your bets. I, now and again, try and pick 5 or 6 results in an accum but it has never come off. NFL is just so hard to predict.

5 or 6 results is basically like buying a lotto ticket really, I tend to go for 3 or 4 results maximum: smaller potential returns of course but less variables to screw up your bet :P

I think Mallett, if he even plays to the level of a league average QB, should manage to spark a bit out of that Houston O, the likes of Washington, shorts and Dre Hopkins are well able to do damage once you get the ball to them.. And if Kuechly misses the game, the panthers are definitely there for the taking!

Well that was as frustrating as a man with no arms must feel while watching p0rn. Run defence gashed apart, seeming to concede a penalty on basically every play and some gut wrenching turnovers, yet we still had a chance to win it. Gotta love the bolts, never a dull moment!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

I have to say after the first two games I'm very worried by our lack of a run defence, to often last night we gave up big play to Bengals rbs, if AP gets that much room he will make massive yards on the ground, I was disappointed in all the penalties especially on third and long plays, flowers had off day but he will be better next week, Gordon showed glimpses of what he can do with some impressive 25 yard runs, am I the only one who still says that was a fumble recovery by Jerry?, great game

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

tripperman wrote: »
    am I the only one who still says that was a fumble recovery by Jerry?, great game

No..this game is hard enough on the defence with all the harsh pass interference calls and helmet hits etc that the rules are so weighted in favour of the offence and ultimately high scoring entertaining games.

I love a good dollop of defence and those forward motion calls for QB's are BS. It was a great defensive hit on the QB knocking the ball loose.

With that said we didnt deserve to win that game and didnt deserve to be even close at the end. We were horrible horrible horrible. Anyone else concerned at our lack of size in the secondary?...horribly exposed yesterday.

Agree on the run defence. Recurring problem not showing signs of being fixed.

Our run game is hit and miss. Its either boom or bust. Would like to see consistency and churning out the 4 and 5 yard runs each time than a big 20 yarder followed by 3 runs for a loss or no gain.

Play calling was poor last night too. We have some good weapons in the passing game and with Woodhead, Green and Gordon too there are so many options. Would have liked a bit more imagination and shots down the field. Then again hard to do when your OL crumbles before you.

Keenan Allen never recovered from the muffed punt. The guy scored negative points on my fantasy team as well. A bad bad night all round. :(

Didn't see the game yet lads. Was on my way back from Cardiff via ferry so only got the audio via the app on the bus. By all accounts the O line was a shambles, all I was hearing about was how much pressure Philip was under, so many penalties etc, if this was the case then I guess that is one reason why the passing game was not as hot as it was last week.

Again did not see it but Flowers has got to be a concern, did I hear he was burned for all 3 TDs? Sounds like he needs help and cannot be left 1 on 1. I'm ok with Verrett I expect him to bounce back.

T'eo is a joke at this stage been saying it for weeks. All the media hype BS and the guy cannot make a tackle. Find it v strange that Carrethers has been inactive first 2 weeks, you'd think he would be the main man when it comes to stopping the run.

It was my first time hearing Conway do the broadcast, for me Hank was much better.

• Advertisement

Looks like a great time in Cardiff Damien. At least your weekend wasn't a total bust. Flowers had a 'mare last night. Its annoying..only a week earlier they kept Megatron in check.

Lambo v. Novack....did we make the wrong decision here?

setanta74 wrote: »
    Lambo v. Novack....did we make the wrong decision here?

How did Lambo do on the touchbacks? the FG he missed Novak can miss too no?

Oh BTW forgot to say how disgusted I was at McCoy turtling at the end of the 1st half. Enough is enough this guy is too soft or not smart enough to know to call timeout there and give Philip the ball with 70 secs or whatever it was left in the half. Hoping the SD media go to town on him on this, sick and tired of his meekness.

I think they returned more than we had touchbacks. Yeah its all over the net about giving up on the game at the end of the first half. I thought we could have at least got down to FG position.

I know its early days on Lambo but Novack was pretty clutch for a long part of last season no? If he was dropped purely for this kids leg to get touchbacks or whatever then I would expect it to be happening with all the kick offs. There was no wind there yesterday either.

Dont mind me. Im just a bit moaney today after that game last night.

Just what you don't want after having your run defence absolutely torn asunder in the first two games, an away game against the Vikes with a certain A Peterson waiting to cause havoc. Already dreading another couple of hours on Sunday evening sweating every time the opposing RB gets the ball handed to him :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

In typical Chargers fashion I reckon we are going to be stout against the run this week, hold AD to under 100, we'll have a bounce back game by the secondary and win quite comfortably. Chargers by 10

• Advertisement

You know what OAOB is right... this is a team that can do this. **** the bed one week and beat the Superbowl champs the next.

Just heard this on the lightning round pod, sums it up for me.

"McCoy has no balls, plays not to lose, not to win"

You know what OAOB is right... this is a team that can do this. **** the bed one week and beat the Superbowl champs the next.

Just heard this on the lightning round pod, sums it up for me.

"McCoy has no balls, plays not to lose, not to win"

Ill agree with that, his clock management after the overturned fumble recovery proved that, if we're going to stop AP we IMO need to bring carrethers in to the d line he's bigger and stronger then lissmore against the run, it was said last week reviewing the lions game, right after you see the worst of this team you see the very best, so I expect a tight game that the chargers win

tripperman wrote: »
    Ill agree with that, his clock management after the overturned fumble recovery proved that, if we're going to stop AP we IMO need to bring carrethers in to the d line he's bigger and stronger then lissmore against the run, it was said last week reviewing the lions game, right after you see the worst of this team you see the very best, so I expect a tight game that the chargers win

Canepa agrees

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/sep/22/mike-mccoy-clock-management/

Gehlken was v soft on him.

Carrethers has the size for NT but he's obviously not impressing much if Lissemore is beating him out.
    I would like to see him active but I think we might be expecting too much from him, he's a big body but i don't think he's a difference maker

That's very good article and describes to a T what McCoy is doing wrong, whose call was it for rivers to stay on at 4th and short and then burn a time out to send lambo on when in the first place he was going in, I'm not a genius but I would have taken the 3 points and saved the timeout first of all, I know they hoped to get the defence offside and get a first down, but Bengals were to aware to fall for that

• Advertisement

Well that sucked. Pretty much the worst case scenario I had envisaged, destroyed by the Vikes run game, but with the added horrors of painful turnovers and the ugly spectre of injuries raising its head too. The way it is now, we've 6 games until the bye week, four of which are at home, if we can get to the week off at 5-4 it's pretty much as good as we can hope for, 6-3 would be a borderline miracle seeing how we have the steelers & away games against Baltimore and Green Bay in that stretch. The way we are defending at the minute, any semi-competent O-line with even an average tailback would fancy putting up over 100 yards & a couple of TDs rushing against us. Ugh

On a positive note: at least we have a pretty good chance to set things right against the Browns next week, they're probably the only other team as bad at defending the run as we are. Stock up on chargers RB's for the fantasy football next week!!

We have serious issues. I am amazed #17 is still alive this morning.

We have serious issues. I am amazed #17 is still alive this morning.

Yeah the hits he took was unreal wouldn't be surprised if he missed practice at some stage this week, full criedt to fluker staying in the game and hardly able to walk, our oline looks very poor and with all the injuries yesterday it could be short some players on inactive list next week, I think our run defence is awful and no pass rush either, short three starting dbs not a great aswell, who would have thought we would have a worse record then the raiders after week 3?, think McCoy is starting to find that seat getting hot with all round poor performances like that

I haven't seen all of the Vikes game yet but have digested quite a bit of comments and write ups since. What is with Charger O linemen that they all go down at some stage? look at the Pats O line for chrissakes, a bunch of new lads cobbled together putting 50 something points on the Jags. How come we can't organise 5 lads to do a similar job? I see lots more questions now about the coaching ticket esp McCoy and Reich. I've never been convinced by McCoy as I've said manys a time and you'd really have to wonder WTF, he is coming from an offensive background and right now our play on that side of the ball is "offensive". The playcalling is a disgrace and every D we come up against seem to know ahead of time what is coming. The draw play from shotgun up the gut is embarrassing now and it seems it is the only way we know to start a series.

As for the D. Adrian Peterson summed it up. He felt our D was small. He could have added the words soft and weak. It's hard to watch the D line and esp the ILBs at this stage. I'd give Perryman a try now and go get some BIG beef for the D line, anywhere, anything is better than Reyes and Lissemore. So much for supa Mel, where is he?, MIA. Our midget corners are being found out physically too by the looks of it, they can't seem to stay on the field now. Meanwhile Donald Brown scratches his arse for 3m dollars. Joke.

Holy jaysus the roster mgmt. is a clusterF**k of epic proportions now.

We decided to keep Trout and Brown on the 53 even though (1) both of em should not have been and (2) one of em, Trout, ended up on IR. So 3 weeks into the season they dump Trout and because we did not get rid of the other bum early enough we're compelled to keep him cos he is being paid so well. We've had Miller make the 53, and John Phillips not (looking more and more like a money saving cut, yet they kept Brown) and now Miller is gone for the second time in 2 weeks and Phillips sticks. We've had Burwell make the 53, then cut, then PS and now 53. We've had Adrian Phillips brought up from the PS but he could be gone this week again if Addae is back. And don't get me started on Jacoby Jones, check out the GIF doing the rounds on Twitter in which he incurred the ankle injury that has him out the last 2 weeks. Nobody touched him, WTF is going on there!!?.

I'm calling out Telesco, his roster mgmt. is a disaster.

And now that Walton is signed how about moving on and making Watt a Guard where he played all his college ball and try Robinson as starter with Walton backing him up. Esp now that Franklin (who was playing sh1t anyway) is probably going to miss a few games.

Oh and all the while Dzubnar, he of the special teams penalty flag machine is safely on the 53. Joke.

I can't believe I am worried that we won't beat the Browns at home. Will be watching Sunday night through gaps in my fingers.
    RIP #17

I can't believe I am worried that we won't beat the Browns at home. Will be watching Sunday night through gaps in my fingers.
    RIP #17

U were right to be worried D. That was one heap of stinking manure of a performance last night. The D is a joke. This was journeyman Josh McCown being made look like Aaron Rodgers. So much for Mike Nolan, our 2 ILBs are incredibly poor. Manti can't tackle. Butler is so soft he is a marshmallow. It was great to see Perryman come on and show them how. He needs to start over Butler and we need to find someone to play over Manti. The D line are invisible. I hope Liuget is being double and triple teamed because he is nowhere to be seen with that mega contract.

And don't get me started on our D backs who are made of glass (Addae, Mager, Verrett and Flowers all hurt). The chickens are coming home to roost on them being too small and brittle.

The only positive to come out of it all is that the cobbled together O line somewhat got their S together and did OK after an awful start. Robinson is a better center than Watt (cannot believe I just wrote that) so even if softie Watt (how many games has he been hurt now jeez) returns he will be riding the pine as a backup Guard.

I watched the Vikes game over the w/e and one thing that got to me that I just don't get is - Franklin is 6 foot 7. He is simply too tall and cannot get low enough as a Guard imho. Many times he was overpowered by someone lower than him. He was a right tackle out of college, I do not understand how the F he ended up a G?

But this was the Browns lads. They are a v poor team and we ended up poxing a win. As for Lambo jaysus, hope he bought his lotto ticket. To be bailed out like that wow. I said it early in the game he hits a fade on his kicks and I said he will miss more to the right than left and lo and behold.

Dunno how the special teams coach has a job. Apart from the year we had all the punt blocks this is the worst special teams performance in history. Not only can we not return anything the coverage on kicks is completely unacceptable, McCoy needs to take heads over this. It simply should not be tolerated, messages need to be sent.

Ok rant over. Another season of hope and expectation destroyed again.

At least Rodgers got fired.

Well that was a bit better. Rivers pulled a few rabbits out of the hat though. That TD to Green was immense. Danny Woodhead gets a game ball too. Nice to see us pressuring an opposing QB as well. Inman and Allen did great. I would love to know whats in the water in San Diego because we can't seem to keep players healthy. To loose WR #2 & #3 early on was mental and Rivers and Co. still pulled the win out of the hat.

T'eo is so frustrating. He should have wrapped up a few guys. I don't buy the fact Lambo was lucky to get a second chance with the winning FG as the Browns player got a jump and would have influenced to kicker to kick right anyway to avoid a block.

I think Gordon is being undervalued by McCoy and Reich. We need to let this guy loose a bit and give him some plays on the outside cause we havent got the line to go up the middle.

Great to see the Raiders and Chiefs loose too. Pity about the Broncos.

Although it was a bit more positive it was only the Browns and their bonehead penalties gave us a lot of first downs.

After watching the game last night there's a lot more questions then answers about our team, what are we paying Donald butler to do, I couldn't remeber him putting in any big hits or even small ones I looked up nfl .com stats after the game to see what was his tackle count, 1 assist was what I seen, perryman has more tackles I'll admit I let a cheer when I seen him but in that first big hit it was a good one we need more like that, manti played better then other weeks on getting the play right, but can't tackle let to many tackles slip from ground lost to gains,

I don't know wether to be happy or disappointed with the number of sacks we got as I'm not exactly sure where the browns oline would rank, we missed out on a few more, but it was an improvement from previous games,

Our dbs can't seem to keep someone covered without giving up a freaking penalty, and miss tackles also on run plays, was mager injured or why was he inactive, when verrett was injured and was active?

Our dline is awfull Ryan made a few snaps think he got a run for a loss, nice see him getting a shot, but its to soft against the run,

Why keep sending Gordon up the middle his big plays are off the outside edge , he's coming good imo I do think he will get a big run td shortly, playing 88 (Johnson I think) is straight off saying this is Gordon's ball get him

Speaking of injurys were losing to many players to injury at this rate the oline and dbs and wr will all have been injured by the bye week, I belive there might be something lacking in the training for strenght or conditioning that could possible be help,

Steelers next I'm not worried about Vick as I don't think his arm will bother us on big plays unless we give them penalties, but the run game could cause us major problems, I think there secondary is weak so I expect rivers to hit Allen, Inman Johnson, green and GATES to take advantage, gates been back is a big boost imo

• Advertisement

Time to bring fullbacks back to the game of football. For those short yardage downs surely they are worth a spot on a 53 man roster?
    I know its a pass happy league but surely you are increasing the effectiveness of your half backs and the use of play action by having one or am I deluded?

God Knows we could have done with Lorezno Neal in recent years.

Watched the whole game start to finish last night.. Then the highlights again this morning. Several things I can't believe from it: I can't believe we made the Browns look as good as we did at times, they really really aren't a quality side... I can't believe every single time the opposition uses a RB whether in a run or a pass play it's basically a disaster waiting to happen for us.. And I can't believe we are picking up more gut wrenching injuries every bloody week, I mean last night floyd & Stevie J both being carted off was a killer, especially given how poor the Browns secondary were. Steelers secondary is there to be shot at next week, I agree, but they'd be crazy not to look at our game last night and be prepared to have Bell & DeAngelo Williams run the hell out of the ball against our powderpuff run D. Them not having Big Ben is a fillip for us for certain, but I've a feeling it's another hiding behind the couch watching through closed fingers game for sure!

Time to bring fullbacks back to the game of football. For those short yardage downs surely they are worth a spot on a 53 man roster?
    I know its a pass happy league but surely you are increasing the effectiveness of your half backs and the use of play action by having one or am I deluded?

Or Mike Tolbert

Supposedly this lad David Johnson is a FB/TE hybrid. For me he's a fraud, saw him whiffing bigtime on special teams. Simply not good enough. A FB needs to be literally a hammer, a headhunter and the closest we have to someone with this personality is Fluker. Feckin bunch of choirboys we are.

You'd know I am pissed at this team right now wouldn't you!.

Supposedly this lad David Johnson is a FB/TE hybrid. For me he's a fraud, saw him whiffing bigtime on special teams. Simply not good enough. A FB needs to be literally a hammer, a headhunter and the closest we have to someone with this personality is Fluker. Feckin bunch of choirboys we are.

You'd know I am pissed at this team right now wouldn't you!.

Just a little bit Leslie, but then aren't we all, we thought we had a chance at actually winning the division this year, but that's gone imo now

Get long snapper Mike Windt in under centre tossing it back to Rivers a further 5 yards back giving him another second or two to bomb it deep before he is crushed. ;-)

I love Tom K's chats.. he seems to agree with me on Lambo's 'power fade'.

http://live.utsandiego.com/Event/Chargers_chat_with_Tom_Krasovic_17?Page=0

I'll basically just repeat all negative comments of the last few weeks (no run defence, no o-line, injuries killing us) because A. Nothing has changed in that regard B. I'm too fed up of it to string together a coherent post about it this early in the morning and C. It'll help me avoid getting banned for excessive use of expletives. Ugh

****ing infuriating

• Advertisement

What time did the game KO lads? I woke about 0400/0430 and turned on the iPad. I thought it'd be 2nd quarter, instead there were 2 mins to go with the Chargers up 20-17. I couldn't believe it and boy was I pissed to have to sit thru another Pagano melt down. Only really bad teams allow Bell score from 6 yds deep on a wildcat, 2nd worst play call in history (after the seahawks in SB) but it was only the Chargers so it worked.

Have not seen the rest of the game but by all accounts plenty of shame being heaped on McCoy, Telesco, the O line (esp Watt), Flowers and Reich.

KO 1.30am as far as I know. I watched it condensed this morning before work. A couple of things :

- Gates superb as always. Welcome back.
    - Gordon is starting to really blossom and fights hard for every yard. Unlucky with the fumble but he needs some TD's
    - Floyd was very poor. Ran bad routes especially for the interception.
    - Our corners and safeties dropped 3 interceptions although Verret pretty much closed down Brown.
    - The OL started well but disintegrated as the game went on.
    - We got some sacks and pressure on Vick but it counted for nothing with the meltdown to loose the game. Allowing Vick all that yardage to scramble up the middle and to give up those wildcat plays was just braindead coaching.
    - Lambo 54 yard field goal. Brave call by McCoy and a hell of a kick by the youngster.

Finally Reich and McCoy have got to stop killing our momentum with rubbish calls after we start moving the chains. It sucks the life out of the attack and ultimately puts us in 3rd and long situations. They are lucky Gordon is playing well and finding holes outside of the schemes.

It was just so typical of the Chargers to loose like they did. We are not a good team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Verrett was class. Gave up 43 yards on two receptions all night. Flowers was bad, the 70 yard td, the catch by DHB, and the catch by Miller to set up the last td. On the dropped picks, one of them was broken up by a Steelers player as he was about to haul it in. It seemed for bells rd that he got stood up early but typically the tackle wasn't made

Molly wrote: »
    Verrett was class. Gave up 43 yards on two receptions all night. Flowers was bad, the 70 yard td, the catch by DHB, and the catch by Miller to set up the last td. On the dropped picks, one of them was broken up by a Steelers player as he was about to haul it in. It seemed for bells rd that he got stood up early but typically the tackle wasn't made

That wildcat call at the end was so bad... the Steelers were lucky it was the Chargers. I reckon 30 out of 32 teams would have stopped Bell.

Seen most of the highlights on sky today our defence was better then usually till the end of the game, gates return and scores is the only positive from the game, our dbs are to small to battle the big wr imo, with the way things are looking we could have a top ten draft pick next April

Hope to watch the full game tonight. By all accounts it was yet another game we should have won and of course blew it. Getting really tired of these lame performances, not finishing. Even though I dislike the lad intensely you'd never see New England give up a game like we do. We are the masters of it.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm I'm finding it hard to write about last nights game, difficult to know where to start. I did say it maybe not here but on another forum that it would be so 'Chargers-like' to go to Lambeau and compete and not get hammered. And so it was.

Rivers was immense but even still you can pick holes in his performance. He mixed the sublime with the bad, but thankfully there was much more sublime. Some of his pass catchers let him down at times too.

If I heard it once I've heard it a million times you don't take a RB in the first round esp when you are struggling so much elsewhere esp along the lines. Gordon is proving this over and over. Yes he is talented, yes he might be a v good back but there is no need to take this guy in rd 1. He can't pass protect, he has big issues holding onto the ball... we've a small guy who came in as an UDFA who is a better player right now. Oh how I wish we went beef in rd 1 instead of this supposedly 'last game changer' on the board. He sure is a game changer alright, everytime he puts the ball on the floor.

Some positives - if Keenan can get to 100% healthwise he is a stud. Perryman is already the best ILB we have and needs to start over Butler. Verrett is everything Flowers is not. Hats off to the O line too for, in general, toughing it out.

Still on the anti McCoy/Reich bandwagon though.

Takeaways from last night's game:

1. Perryman is a beast, fingers crossed the injury fairy doesn't strike him down on us
    2. That's probably the best performance by our O line all season and it was still no more than adequate. I'll take adequate over absolutely awful any day though
    3. Keenan is a special talent, no two ways about it. Bad night at the office for the packers secondary all round really
    4. Gordon has a ton of ability but whether it's due to the scheme (highly likely), the rotating cast of mostly mediocrity supposed to be creating the holes for him or just a lack of self belief, it's not happening for him. It will do down the line though, hopefully
    5. Those packers uniforms were horrible!!!

Onwards and upwards, we have 3 winnable games between now and the bye week, if we get there at 5-4 I'll be happy

It was a late night last night and another crushing loss but I for once have to be positive about the team last night. They fought hard, damn hard. This team is so banged up you have to wonder what they are eating and drinking in Southern California. For Rivers to put up numbers like that without an OL, without an RB (for the most part) and without one of the best WR's in the league for nearly 2 quarters is amazing.

We had the tie at the end. 2nd last play...Rivers could have ran it in or picked out Woodhead wide open in the endzone but that would be harsh on all the good stuff that he did before that.

Have to agree with Leslie on our draft strategy. Our OL problems are not new and we should have addressed the problem better over the last 2 drafts.

By the way what are we paying Jacoby Jones and Brandon Flowers for this season?...they aint earning their dollars yet.

It was a late night last night and another crushing loss but I for once have to be positive about the team last night. They fought hard, damn hard. This team is so banged up you have to wonder what they are eating and drinking in Southern California. For Rivers to put up numbers like that without an OL, without an RB (for the most part) and without one of the best WR's in the league for nearly 2 quarters is amazing.

We had the tie at the end. 2nd last play...Rivers could have ran it in or picked out Woodhead wide open in the endzone but that would be harsh on all the good stuff that he did before that.

Have to agree with Leslie on our draft strategy. Our OL problems are not new and we should have addressed the problem better over the last 2 drafts.

By the way what are we paying Jacoby Jones and Brandon Flowers for this season?...they aint earning their dollars yet.

If Jacoby Jones is still on this team next weekend I will be sick. Herndon needs to come up from the PS to return kicks and he can play some WR too unlike that mouthpiece waste of space Jones.

Flowers needs his ass handed to him by somebody. He ain't earning the mega bucks he is taking, same goes for Butler who will not be here in 2016 anyway. Looks like Weddle is on the way out too, figuratively and literally.

Losing always sucks but the fight from the team last night was excellent. Rivers once more carried this team on his back for much of the game. The O-line were good considering most of these guys shouldn't be starting. Fluker is tough as teak, looks in serious pain walking but gives it his all. If we weren't so depleted i'd reckon he wouldn't have been active.
    Receivers were solid but Keenan was exceptional before his injury.
    Gordon needs to learn to hold on to the ball, shows flashes and the more carries the better he'll be but he needs to earn them and so far BO and Woodhead are better options.
    The defence were opened up at times but hung on as best as they could considering the QB they had to face. They adapted to the GB offense after the secong TD which was pleasing. Big downside was Flowers, what the hell is up with this guy? He was unbeatable at times last year but now he's giving up plays constantly
    Ballsiest calls we've seen from McCoy which was more than welcome, keep it up

• Advertisement
Advertisement