Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

All the talk on the SD radio this week has been about what esp Weddle said, but McCoward, Rivers and Gates said something like it too. About the younger lads needing to do a bit more, work a bit harder. To be honest I think the media were/are blowing it out of all proportion but I did find it interesting that Acee called out Melvin Ingram. He sure was a disaster on the long TD run against the Packers, never have I seen a player 'lose contain' by so much. I wonder will SupaMel ever wake up and smell the coffee. On the other side I'm liking what I am seeing from 97, apart from being quick off the snap I really like his work rate, he has been in on a lot of tackles too and sounds like a real smart lad also (he was on with billy ray and Kaplan this week).

It will be interesting to see if the return of the starting O linemen makes much of a diff, it is not like the likes of Franklin and esp Watt were burning it up before injury. Watt looks like a total bust to me now, I'm hoping it is down to injury but he looks v soft and a bit of a lightweight (figuratively and literally).

I think Melvin Gordon will be ok. If we can get some blocking going he should do ok but we still should never have picked him in round 1. I wonder has TT learnt his lesson at long freakin last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hopefully we can carry the level of performance from the packers game into tonight, Gordon looks to be out which may not be a big loss, as bo can do a big job on the ground and doesnt fumble so is safer imo, no word on gates hopefully he is available, but pee wee should see a good few passes his way tonight, Stevie Johnson back is a big boost to, weddle is a big loss from the defence, wont be a easy game tonight with Mack on the radiers pass rush will cause the oline alot of problems and Carr has copper and Crabtree to worry the dbs and Murray could find lanes against our poor run defence, i reckon a win by a 1 score at most

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Gates inactive apparently. Major blow for me on two levels, I expected him to have a massive game tonight as the raiders have been giving up chunks of yards to opposing TEs all season, so much so that I put him in my fantasy football lineup (Eifert is my regular starter but bye week necessitated the change) and it's too late to change it now. Arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

****ing disgrace again tonight. Hard to support this team with performances like that

We spent basically three quarters of the game making the raiders look like the Pats. If that's not damning enough I don't know what is. I mean give any team in the NFL a 24 point start and it's game over.. Unless it's the jags of course.. Horrible, horrible, horrible stuff, it's going to take a miracle for us to even end the season 8-8 now at this stage

Just about over Sunday lads. That was shocking. It was last years Miami game and the Jets playoff loss all rolled into 1. Simply disgraceful. McCoward used the word pathetic, he could have been describing his decision to go yellow belly AGAIN and kick the FG after running the O out to try and draw the Raiders offsides on 4th and inches.

I don't know where to start though... it has got so bad, so toxic it is incredible.

I'd be all for firing McCoy and Reich now, give Pagano interim HC but that is all, fire him after the season too and go with someone like Hue Jackson. Cut Jacoby Jones and Donald Brown and bench Butler, Flowers and Jimmy Wilson. A massive message has to be sent simples.

Blow the effin thing up now before it is way too late (it is prob too late for this yr anyway).

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Just about over Sunday lads. That was shocking. It was last years Miami game and the Jets playoff loss all rolled into 1. Simply disgraceful. McCoward used the word pathetic, he could have been describing his decision to go yellow belly AGAIN and kick the FG after running the O out to try and draw the Raiders offsides on 4th and inches.

I don't know where to start though... it has got so bad, so toxic it is incredible.

I'd be all for firing McCoy and Reich now, give Pagano interim HC but that is all, fire him after the season too and go with someone like Hue Jackson. Cut Jacoby Jones and Donald Brown and bench Butler, Flowers and Jimmy Wilson. A massive message has to be sent simples.

Blow the effin thing up now before it is way too late (it is prob too late for this yr anyway).

What's worse is that we more than likely won't even suck enough to get a juicy draft pick either, thanks to the stunning ineptitude being displayed by the likes of Houston, Detroit and the Ravens to name a few. We could end up getting a worse draft pick than what the Raiders have had the last couple of seasons despite them finishing ahead of us in the standings this year, that would utterly utterly stink if so.

carmanard wrote: »
    What's worse is that we more than likely won't even suck enough to get a juicy draft pick either, thanks to the stunning ineptitude being displayed by the likes of Houston, Detroit and the Ravens to name a few. We could end up getting a worse draft pick than what the Raiders have had the last couple of seasons despite them finishing ahead of us in the standings this year, that would utterly utterly stink if so.

I get you but have you any confidence Telesco would get the pick right anyway.. I don't.

I get you but have you any confidence Telesco would get the pick right anyway.. I don't.

I honestly wouldn't let him pick sweets never mind a player with a top ten pick, iI think after the awfull display on Sunday McCoy, Reich and pagno should all go, there's no fight in the team and tt should follow suit, I think the lack of experience is holding him back, I think we will get a top ten pick, not top 5 as rivers Allen gates green are going to play well and that there is even worse teams this year

What's really frustrating is that we put in a great effort against Green Bay and then just rolled over against the Raiders. Inconsistency by players and coaches but I don't think we can make any changes at this point. If we fire Mccoy then Reich and Pagano are as culpable and have to go too so noone to step up and I can't think of any candidates out there.
    I'm still happy enough with TT. , he took over the oldest roster and we're now one of the youngest. I think we're in a better place because of him despite some big misses

• Advertisement

OAOB wrote: »
    What's really frustrating is that we put in a great effort against Green Bay and then just rolled over against the Raiders. Inconsistency by players and coaches but I don't think we can make any changes at this point. If we fire Mccoy then Reich and Pagano are as culpable and have to go too so noone to step up and I can't think of any candidates out there.
    I'm still happy enough with TT. , he took over the oldest roster and we're now one of the youngest. I think we're in a better place because of him despite some big misses

Yes we've certainly got younger. It is also kinda mad how he seems to have done well on what we might call bargain basementish FA pick ups like Woodhead, Robinson and Barksdale whereas the big money signings have been ****e thus far. Nobody would have argued with the re-signing of Flowers at the time but I am hearing lots about him shutting it down after he signed the big money deal in KC too. Surely that is something SD should have known too.

Franklin was not lighting it up prior to injury either. And as for Jaboby freakin Jones holy sh1t do not get me started.

It is incredulous to see both he and the likes of Donald Brown still on this team.

I wonder how much leadership is in the locker room, everyone respects Rivers, Gates, Weddle but do these guys force players to work harder and raise their standards? Seems like we accept guys taking money and playing soft. Players like Butler, Jones and Brown hold back this team by not giving it their all and our leaders should either kick them in the ass or get them out of the locker room but they don't. Our leaders need to be harder on their teammates, we've too many nice guys

I wonder how much leadership is in the locker room, everyone respects Rivers, Gates, Weddle but do these guys force players to work harder and raise their standards? Seems like we accept guys taking money and playing soft. Players like Butler, Jones and Brown hold back this team by not giving it their all and our leaders should either kick them in the ass or get them out of the locker room but they don't. Our leaders need to be harder on their teammates, we've too many nice guys

I concur we're a bunch of choir boys and it starts at the top. Dean and sons are soft as marshmallow. Telesco and McCoward are the same, they even called McCoward milk toast in Denver for chrissakes. I don't think Weddle would scare anybody in the locker room. The only guy with potential to scare might be Ingram but he is a slacker plain and simple, yet another guy getting away with not putting it in. I wouldn't put it on Philip to scare or force guys to perform he strikes me as a guy who would just lead by example, a bit like Gates.

Even at this stage, looking ahead to next year is pretty grim.. Weddle surely won't be back, Gates and green are both potentially free agents too (even if we keep both we have to pay both), flowers is counting his money instead of earning it so that's killing our cap space taken in conjunction with Phils new contract, MF80 is out the door, there could be some serious major overhaul needed.. And as has been said, we have missed far far more than we have hit in free agency of late. If we are facing into a scenario of needing at least one new tight end, a quality receiver and a game changing safety as well as addressing the problems we already have with our run D, O line, pass rush and other areas (kick returns for one), that's a mammoth task. And as others have said, I don't know if the current regime have the gumption or the balls to make that happen. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference what stadium they're in if the team is so tragically awful that nobody will want to see them play anyway.

Maybe I was to harsh on tt after the raiders game, as you say the roster was the oldest when he took over now its the youngest, but what has turned me against TT since the draft time is a series of roster mismanagement, 1 keeping Donald brown he has been active for two games(don't belive he has seen the pitch in them two) that's your highest paid rb, 2 the Jacob Jones experiment is a failure, we have a younger and imo a better returner on the ps Herndon, 3 weddle has deserved better treatment over a new contract we see the mess the defence is without him, I think if TT is not there at seasons end a new gm may be able to get a deal with weddle, 4 evan Mathis the former eagles oline player was in fa in pre season and with our need for a talented guard to protect rivers it would have been imo a good move to sign him before the Broncos,
    Looking at next season as carmanad has pointed out no m80 gates might retire might hit fa, green after the start to the season he has had deserves a new contract, been a big improvement from him has really got into a grove with rivers this year,

I think the plan has always been to franchise Weddle so not overly concerned about him hitting FA. Green should be given a 4year contract before the end of the season. Gates is going to have to take a big pay cut to stay, he's still a go to guy but so is Keenan so have to move on unless a team friendly 2year deal can be agreed.

What really really annoyed me about the brown contract was we cut him to sign oline cover and then resigned him to the same bloody contract a week later.

What do we do about ingrams contract? Not sure how to feel about it, he is bloody talented but makes terrible decisions.

Stand to be corrected but I think we've cap space to play with next year, I'd be happy to give TT one more shot

Another gut wrencher. We hold the opposition to a modest total on the ground, but make dumb mistakes in the secondary (Wilson and Williams) that kill us. Ravens get a fluky bounce of the ball on a punt which should have been fielded anyway and we are immediately under threat of conceding a safety, yet another to add to the ongoing tragedy that is our kick return setup this year. Then facing the need to conjure up a game winning TD while missing half your receiving corps thanks to injury striking again? It's a killer, a real killer. Bears next then the bye week, can't come soon enough to be honest, we need to snap out of this rut

Jones letting that punt bounce was a major **** up but the play calling following it was a joke.
    Injuries were really hard to recover from, with a bad oline Keenan is needed more than ever. Thought we would have gone to gates more but I think it's a sign he wasn't fully fit.

Stick a fork in them lads. And somebody please stick a fork in McCoward, Reich and Pagano too.

Like OAOB TT is getting 1 more shot at finding us a real HC.

Ingram should be signed up as I believe a real HC/DC combo will bring out the best in him. He is dumb as a pile of rocks so he needs careful managing but athletically he can do it.

The sad thing is that I am not all that disappointed watching that loss last night. This ownership/coaching mix has me completely apathetic to it all. Until there are wholesale changes I will continue to watch but not cheer.

• Advertisement

Jones letting that punt bounce was a major **** up but the play calling following it was a joke.
    Injuries were really hard to recover from, with a bad oline Keenan is needed more than ever. Thought we would have gone to gates more but I think it's a sign he wasn't fully fit.

It will tell u all u need to know about this coaching ticket if Jones is not cut after that debacle. We all know he should never have been signed in the first place but boy how they persist with muck, it is like they are blind. Gates was about 50% I reckon, he is struggling. KA was a loss no doubt about it but you can't be confident of this team whatsoever with McCoward in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Call me pessimistic if you like but I am starting to believe a lot of our injuries are in the minds of these players. They have no guts or balls and are taking the easy option and hiding from the battle. I shouldn't generalise as some of them do play hurt and it is obvious but the way we have been losing players during this bad snap reeks of cowardice if you ask me. Probably over reacting but there you go.

If I am wrong then its down to conditioning as it can't be all bad luck EVERY WEEK.

Jacoby Jones is a disgrace. 3 yards all season is it??

setanta74 wrote: »
    Call me pessimistic if you like but I am starting to believe a lot of our injuries are in the minds of these players. They have no guts or balls and are taking the easy option and hiding from the battle. I shouldn't generalise as some of them do play hurt and it is obvious but the way we have been losing players during this bad snap reeks of cowardice if you ask me. Probably over reacting but there you go.

If I am wrong then its down to conditioning as it can't be all bad luck EVERY WEEK.

Jacoby Jones is a disgrace. 3 yards all season is it??

100% concur D, been saying it for weeks, this bunch are as soft as marshmallows. Yer man Watt should be cut/got rid of straight away. He figured he cannot compete at this level so goes down every chance he gets. Coming down from the top Deano is a coward (won't ever come out in public, has a puppet do it) and HC McCoward. Massive change required.

The head of football, Deano's son, looks like an altar boy.

F this. I want the team sold to an individual with balls, someone like Michael O'Leary would be great.

Whiz fired in TN, go get em John Spanos and rid us of Reich or at the very least get him away from playcalling.

Whiz fired in TN, go get em John Spanos and rid us of Reich or at the very least get him away from playcalling.

I was thinking the same when I read he was fired, then read on nfl.com there tipping Reich as the guy the titans need to develop Mariota, they can have him we should pay for the flights right now if they ring,

Well if its true that allen is on ir and with gates and green carrying knocks the offence is going to really struggle now, at least herndon will get on the active roster might get some returns,

• Advertisement

Well if its true that allen is on ir and with gates and green carrying knocks the offence is going to really struggle now, at least herndon will get on the active roster might get some returns,

Such a shame about Keenan, hell of a play by him to make that TD catch.

Yes awful news for Keenan, but lest we forget it took an injury to M80 for Keenan to get on the field his rookie year i.e. the blind coaches were forced into giving him his shot and the rest is history. So now we get to see the likes of Tyrell Williams who I am expecting great things of. Having said that with a hobbled Gates, looking to Stevie and M80 to open up the field for Tyrell might be asking a bit much. All that being said I can't wait to see what he is capable of.

Herndon at long freakin last will replace the joke that was Jacoby Jones. His signing is right up there with Cox and Brown as disasters. We're not talking Gaither-bad but close. Still cannot understand how our special teams coach has his job mind you. The cab taking Jones away should have had Spencer in it too, feckin useless. The guy does have a track record though so it has to be a mixture of the crap on the field and his inability.

Telesco screwed up bigtime waiting on Trout (who isn't worth a roster spot anyway) and Tourek. I'm amazed they haven't IR'd Watt, even the SD radio lads are calling this wimp out now. Oliver seems to have been a v quick decision for a guy who always gives 100% so his injury must be bad.

All set for this evening guys?...

The marshmallow gang are sitting this one out - Watt, T'eo and Dunlap.

I'm not to sure about this one to be honest, I think John Fox will have the edge over McCoy as he always does, our defence will struggle against the run even with forte out, it will come down to what rivers can do with the ball and be honest if it's a score in it at the end that be it

• Advertisement

Got to laugh, simply because if you don't you'd end up crying. At this rate we will end up having to send the entire practice squad out to play, surely can't do as badly as the first string have been doing. Fact now is that Stevie J who had shown up well as a third receiving option is now by default our number one receiver for the rest of this wretched horrible season. We may as well give Hakeem Nicks a ring & see if he fancies a game, even if he does injure himself again it'll be nothing new for our receiving corps this year! The bears are as ragged an outfit as we are likely to face at any time & between injuries, penalties & mistakes we manage to screw it up, yet again. Part of me wants them to pull the plug on this crapfest, secure a top three draft pick and build for next year, part of me is more frustrated because this team has so much ability when it all comes together that it's killing to watch it fall asunder. Sigh

Watched the first half last night, the oline never opened any lanes for Gordon to run he had bounce out side for anything over 3 yards, Ingram is really driving me mad now, he did force a fumble but there was other plays he just looked like he didn't bother, with KA and M80 out we will struggle at wr now, think it's time to just go for as early a draft pick as possible now, will be surprised if someone isn't gone now before the next game,
    Was talking with a friend over the weekend he's a rams fan, reckons best way for chargers to improve the defence they need someone like Greg Williams in the setup and I agree, don't think he's suited to a hc job tho, but he does get a defence to play hard and takes no slacking from them,

Only saw most of the 1st half, yet to watch the rest but heard the result. Of what I saw our D is a joke and alot of it comes down to coaching so I'd fire Pagano in the bye. Ingram is either ignoring what he is being told or is not being told what to do. He has lots of ability but has no idea what to be doing each play. Something similar goes for Addae but he has nowhere near the ability of #54.

I'd also fire McCoy & Reich & Spencer (special teams) and go with an interim HC until year end. We might as well sit Rivers now too.

Alot of these injuries imho comes down to a team playing soft and never at 100%. This comes from the ownership and HC. It's a holiday camp and lads can take off plays, not go at it 100% every down etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Haven't posted all year but my view of this season.

Firstly Greg Williams and Jeff Fisher etc are a virus and shouldn't be allowed near SD.
    In saying that Pagano and McCoy need to go.
    Pagano I never liked because he seems to be best mates with the players, I don't like to see that in management.. CloseC with their players but not buddy's.

McCoy simply because Philips clock is ticking and we can't sit around waiting. I'd honestly be tempted to go with Wade Philips. Anyway both of them need to be gone.

17 is 17.

Gordan has disappointed, has had flashes but in fairness to him he has had no oline or even continuity in the oline.

Injuries have crippled the oline.

Wide outs.. We need athleticism at wide out. Need a guy to win balls with their athleticism rather then route running which we have already.

TE have been very happy with Green.

Defence I'll paint all of them with a brush as very poor, so disappointing, got to franchise tag Weddle. One guy who has got criticised by most people is Te'o but a huge plus for him in my eyes is, he always seems to be in the right position but is missing tackles. Missing tackles has been an issue across the board.

JA and Ingram have done well, Ingram needs to concentrate or focus better, something missing in his general play.

We go again next year, but with a new management team.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Haven't posted all year but my view of this season.

Firstly Greg Williams and Jeff Fisher etc are a virus and shouldn't be allowed near SD.
    In saying that Pagano and McCoy need to go.
    Pagano I never liked because he seems to be best mates with the players, I don't like to see that in management.. CloseC with their players but not buddy's.

McCoy simply because Philips clock is ticking and we can't sit around waiting. I'd honestly be tempted to go with Wade Philips. Anyway both of them need to be gone.

17 is 17.

Gordan has disappointed, has had flashes but in fairness to him he has had no oline or even continuity in the oline.

Injuries have crippled the oline.

Wide outs.. We need athleticism at wide out. Need a guy to win balls with their athleticism rather then route running which we have already.

TE have been very happy with Green.

Defence I'll paint all of them with a brush as very poor, so disappointing, got to franchise tag Weddle. One guy who has got criticised by most people is Te'o but a huge plus for him in my eyes is, he always seems to be in the right position but is missing tackles. Missing tackles has been an issue across the board.

JA and Ingram have done well, Ingram needs to concentrate or focus better, something missing in his general play.

We go again next year, but with a new management team.

Welcome back Rochey!!.

I disagree on Weddle, no way would I franchise him not worth the $ imho. Were he to take a team friendly deal then yes but methinks he will be gone. In fact it is so bad back there we need 2 new starting safeties. Addae is muck and he should be gone too.

A mass clear out of the coaching staff is required defo. I wouldn't go with Wade Phillips, he is one of the best examples of a great coordinator who cannot be a HC. We are at least 2 years away from competing now so it could be argued that now might be the time to trade Philip, as hard as that sounds. But we need draft picks now, we need to stockpile, it might be something we have to do.

McCoward not been fired yet no? wake me up when it has happened.

McCoward not been fired yet no? wake me up when it has happened.

I don't think it's going happen, the spanos family is to busy talking about moving to L.A. in New York to fire him or any of the coaches

Smile they said, things could be worse. And so he smiled.. And they did indeed get worse. Absolutely despicable performance last night.. Probably best summed up by a friend of mine who was at the game last night saying it was their first time being at Qualcomm this season yesterday and that one way or another he definitely won't be going back there!!

I'll ask again for the craic..... has McCoward et al been fired yet?

We were salty he said, we had a great week of practice he said (same ol ****e is said every week), there was no shortage of effort he said.

B ****in S.

Fire this yellow bellied loser YESTERDAY.

Went to bed when Rivers threw the pick 6 for 19-3. Probably the most shambolic display I have ever seen and I never before remember switching off a Chargers game halfway through. The body language across the team was flat out defeatist and apathetic. Shocking, big clearout needed starting with the coaches.

• Advertisement

I never heard such a load of crap as McCoy talked all week, salty he meant softy and then that display last night, on the night we retired LTs number, they were a disgrace they shouldnt have needed any more motivation to go out to win on such a special night for LT, the only good thing from the whole night was how LT talked and praised the guys he played with, reminded me of how lucky I was to start following and the team when players fought to win games,
    I spent most of the bye reading mock drafts and looking at clips of the players they reckon are top players we should target, I wouldn't trust this staff with a top 3 pick

I never heard such a load of crap as McCoy talked all week, salty he meant softy and then that display last night, on the night we retired LTs number, they were a disgrace they shouldnt have needed any more motivation to go out to win on such a special night for LT, the only good thing from the whole night was how LT talked and praised the guys he played with, reminded me of how lucky I was to start following and the team when players fought to win games,
    I spent most of the bye reading mock drafts and looking at clips of the players they reckon are top players we should target, I wouldn't trust this staff with a top 3 pick

tripperman wrote: »

That's the thing McCoward has been talking ****e in cliches since day 1. I actually stopped listening to him after about a mth into last season there was literally no reason to listen to anything passing his lips. Nothing. I can't imagine how it must be for the players. I think back to the F Weddle speech he made at training camp and now realise that was the end right there. There is no way one can play for this lad. He's a conservative bland coward.

I'm with Tripperman too... how could you trust Telesco with a top 3 pick?. And to think we won't be picking with our 4th pick in the top 100 picks because this eejit traded up to get Gordon who right now looks like a bust.

A wins a win but I'm hoping that is the last time this group flutter their eyelashes at us this yr!. Speaking of fluttering eye lashes imagine going to this game and having this view in the stadium.

iHRbdS.jpg

I suppose at this point of the season it's about trying to see what we have for next year.

Thought Inman and Rivers showed a decent connection, he's a good 4th receiver or an average 3rd choice. Stevie Johnson made some good catches but he makes some stupid bonehead decisions that cost the team, if we were challenging for playoffs i don't think it'd happen.

Gordon gives a great effort and never stops driving. Read a comment on BFTB that pointed out when he runs into a pile he keeps pumping his legs but our Oline just stand watch, they should be there helping him gain another yard. Don't think he'll ever be great or worthy of a first round but he'll be a solid player.

Perryman looked like the real deal, made the right decisions and more importantly made plays.

Is Weddle injured or only half trying? I don't know myself, i hope it's injury because i'd hate to think of him quitting on this team, he was voted as a captain by them so he's expected to lead.

Embarrassing how happy McCoy was after the win; talked about huge punt returns, it was 18 yards.

Rivers is one hell of a player and leader that it's impossible not to have the utmost respect for him. He's carrying this team and i feel there's plenty of players who are happy to go along for the ride rather than carry their fair share.

I'm happy to win that game, I would like a top draft pick but getting into too long of a losing streak can be dangerous and hard to come back from. Miami is the only game i'd currently give us a shot at winning but Chargers being Chargers means they'll probably win 3or4

I suppose at this point of the season it's about trying to see what we have for next year.

Thought Inman and Rivers showed a decent connection, he's a good 4th receiver or an average 3rd choice. Stevie Johnson made some good catches but he makes some stupid bonehead decisions that cost the team, if we were challenging for playoffs i don't think it'd happen.

Gordon gives a great effort and never stops driving. Read a comment on BFTB that pointed out when he runs into a pile he keeps pumping his legs but our Oline just stand watch, they should be there helping him gain another yard. Don't think he'll ever be great or worthy of a first round but he'll be a solid player.

Perryman looked like the real deal, made the right decisions and more importantly made plays.

Is Weddle injured or only half trying? I don't know myself, i hope it's injury because i'd hate to think of him quitting on this team, he was voted as a captain by them so he's expected to lead.

Embarrassing how happy McCoy was after the win; talked about huge punt returns, it was 18 yards.

Rivers is one hell of a player and leader that it's impossible not to have the utmost respect for him. He's carrying this team and i feel there's plenty of players who are happy to go along for the ride rather than carry their fair share.

I'm happy to win that game, I would like a top draft pick but getting into too long of a losing streak can be dangerous and hard to come back from. Miami is the only game i'd currently give us a shot at winning but Chargers being Chargers means they'll probably win 3or4

Our O line are masters at standing and watching. And they are v good at burying their faces in the turf while getting beat esp Trevor Robinson who is muck.

There are quite a few along for the ride, top of that list is Donald Butler who is about to see his last 5 games as a Charger please God.

Perryman and Te'o might be a decent combo going forward. How Conner is a healthy scratch over 56 is scandalous.

Weddle is not 100% and imho should not be playing. But we are so short on lads with an IQ on D that he needs to be out there so he can read them the A, B, C before a play.

Forgot to post on Monday: typical of us to win a game when logic probably dictates you're better off losing & consolidating a top 3 pick. We could end the season 7-9 and have a mediocre enough pick yet, which would be the pits really.. With that in mind, decided to cast an eye over the FA class for 2016.. Realistically we aren't going to be in the hunt for too many of them, but imagine what an upgrade to the roster it would be to land a couple of the likes of Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffrey, a fit Russell Okung, j.r. sweezy, Evan Mathis, Wilkerson, nick fairley, Gronk Junior Barnidge, josh Norman... if Mike Tolbert ends up hitting FA again I'd take him back in a heartbeat, hell I'd even be willing to take a punt on Josh Gordon re-discovering his discipline & motivation in the Cali sunshine.. Pure fantasy of course, but one can dream!!

Forgot to post on Monday: typical of us to win a game when logic probably dictates you're better off losing & consolidating a top 3 pick. We could end the season 7-9 and have a mediocre enough pick yet, which would be the pits really.. With that in mind, decided to cast an eye over the FA class for 2016.. Realistically we aren't going to be in the hunt for too many of them, but imagine what an upgrade to the roster it would be to land a couple of the likes of Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffrey, a fit Russell Okung, j.r. sweezy, Evan Mathis, Wilkerson, nick fairley, Gronk Junior Barnidge, josh Norman... if Mike Tolbert ends up hitting FA again I'd take him back in a heartbeat, hell I'd even be willing to take a punt on Josh Gordon re-discovering his discipline & motivation in the Cali sunshine.. Pure fantasy of course, but one can dream!!

Wow some names on there Carmanard. Jeffrey would be a nice compliment to KA13. Liked Fairley when he came out, how is he doing this yr in Rams? Barnidge is on the wrong side of 30 but one has to worry about Green and his concussions/injuries. Gates is almost finished, if he comes back for one more year God knows what he will have left. Yes I know he scored 2 TDs on Sunday. I want Tunsil in the draft there is our starting left tackle for next 10 yrs. Play the better of Dunlap/Barksdale on rhs.

We can probably splurge on one big name FA and out of that list the only ones i'd be interested in are Jeffrey who would be brilliant with Rivers and Wilkerson who would need double teaming with Liuget. My choice would be Wilkerson but he'll be in high demand

• Advertisement

Soundings coming from San Diego and the NFL not good. Looks like we may not be in San Diego much longer. San Diego is a big part of the reason I follow the chargers. Don't know if I would have the stomach for the LA Chargers..maybe I would..just dunno.

Advertisement