Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Leslie91 wrote: »
    So Carson blows up in Deano's face.

Choice now is to cosy up with Stan in Inglewood as minion or go back to SD and still be King of your Castle.

Deano needs to swallow his pride/ego, fire Fabiani and get back to SD and do a deal.

Looks like Chargers will be in SD in 2016 fellas.

Yep, much like this entire season it's turned into a horribly unsatisfactory mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

carmanard wrote: »
    Yep, much like this entire season it's turned into a horribly unsatisfactory mess

No reason to keep McCoward now either.

Fire him, fire Fabiani and get back to the negotiating table in SD in good faith.

The fact that the Carson plan is now history is amazing.

Deano and Davis has their pants pulled down for all to see.

#LoveIt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

So Carson blows up in Deano's face.

Choice now is to cosy up with Stan in Inglewood as minion or go back to SD and still be King of your Castle.

Deano needs to swallow his pride/ego, fire Fabiani and get back to SD and do a deal.

Looks like Chargers will be in SD in 2016 fellas.

In my opinion there is no choice to make in the matter, you have to do a deal with San Diego and Dean will be screwed big time by the mayor and county now, which would only be fair after the way it's played out,
    why would you want to a second rate tenant to the rams in there own stadium with very little out of it, what big name FA or potential HC would choose the chargers over rams in that situation?

No reason to keep McCoward now either.

Fire him, fire Fabiani and get back to the negotiating table in SD in good faith.

The fact that the Carson plan is now history is amazing.

Deano and Davis has their pants pulled down for all to see.

#LoveIt

They gave him an extension which was even worse then keeping him

tripperman wrote: »
    They gave him an extension which was even worse then keeping him

I think they did that though to bolster the Carson agenda. Now that that is dead no reason to keep the idiot. It's a costly gamble but the NFL is giving them an extra 100m which will help soften the blow.

Not gonna happen I'm sure but I can dream!.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

My head hurts....I am trying to apportion blame....

1. So in San Diego we can't fill the Q - San Diego fans guilty?..reasonable to assume owners want to maximise revenue

2. The City won't stump up money for a new stadium (considering they got so many superbowls bringing tourist revenue and what they actually did for the Padres and the downtown developments). - City officials guilty?..reasonable to assume a city can't support a third national sports team and was being prudent especially seeing that San Diegans can't sell out the Q on game day

3. A legacy spanning 50+ years in SD and one which the owners seem to have no regard for? - Spanos guilty?...I fail to see any reason here that justifies giving that up..maybe thats the difference between European and American fans of sports teams.

All parties to blame to some degree?

What happens next?

So moving to LA and being the bitches of the LA Rams achieves what?....more revenue?..I don't see it. Surely the Rams will get first call on the casual NFL fan considering their history is more tied to LA than the Chargers. Spanos will have to pay rent to the Rams. I cant see how that is a good financial decision for Spanos.

Stay 1 more year in SD and drag out this whole sorry mess?

Use the $100m grant from the NFL to do up the Q or use it to part pay for a new downtown stadium in conjunction with the city?

Draw a line under this and commit to San Diego for good and rebuild this franchise and get us back challenging each year?

I dunno..I am a bit lost with everything that is going on and to top it off someone said if the chargers move the Raiders may move to San Diego. JAYSUS!!!!!!

Great post D, yes all are to blame but I don't think the SD fans are as culpable as the ownership and the city/mayors.

3rd national sports team? - are you suggesting the Padres and Gulls are the other 2? Chargers are top of that pile imho.

I can't see how the options left for Deano are;

1. look to get a deal done on a stadium in downtown SD or
    2. demolish the Q and build new stadium in Mission Valley.

Like you D I don't think being Stan's bitch is a real option, nor do I see somewhere like San Antonio being a real option for the Chargers. The Raiders on the other hand could look seriously at Texas.

Poor Mark Davis is last in line re option to go to LA so were I him I'd tell the NFL and the Rams to FO and focus on somewhere like San Antonio or SD if the Chargers do in fact decide to be Stan's bitch.
    setanta74 wrote: »
    My head hurts....I am trying to apportion blame....

1. So in San Diego we can't fill the Q - San Diego fans guilty?..reasonable to assume owners want to maximise revenue

2. The City won't stump up money for a new stadium (considering they got so many superbowls bringing tourist revenue and what they actually did for the Padres and the downtown developments). - City officials guilty?..reasonable to assume a city can't support a third national sports team and was being prudent especially seeing that San Diegans can't sell out the Q on game day

3. A legacy spanning 50+ years in SD and one which the owners seem to have no regard for? - Spanos guilty?...I fail to see any reason here that justifies giving that up..maybe thats the difference between European and American fans of sports teams.

All parties to blame to some degree?

What happens next?

So moving to LA and being the bitches of the LA Rams achieves what?....more revenue?..I don't see it. Surely the Rams will get first call on the casual NFL fan considering their history is more tied to LA than the Chargers. Spanos will have to pay rent to the Rams. I cant see how that is a good financial decision for Spanos.

Stay 1 more year in SD and drag out this whole sorry mess?

Use the $100m grant from the NFL to do up the Q or use it to part pay for a new downtown stadium in conjunction with the city?

Draw a line under this and commit to San Diego for good and rebuild this franchise and get us back challenging each year?

I dunno..I am a bit lost with everything that is going on and to top it off someone said if the chargers move the Raiders may move to San Diego. JAYSUS!!!!!!

Got confused about the basketball team there. SHould have said 2 elite national teams. I got confused with the St. Louis setup that had the Rams, the cardinals and the blues but they have a much smaller population. Scratch that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Relocating franchises sucks but delighted that Dean got shafted. He's been an absolute d1ck to SD for so long that he deserves it.

Where we go from here is still very unclear, i still think Spanos wants to go to LA and would consider it as a secondary partner, if nothing else it would increase the value if he chooses to sell. Alternatively St. Louis offered the Rams a pretty good stadium packet so he could try move there.

It'll be interesting to see what happens from here but still wouldn't be confident in the SD Chargers surviving

• Advertisement

I could be really cynical and say Telesco and to a lesser extent McCoy were plants to bring the franchise down in San Diego. Not saying those guys are not doing their best but lets say better options were not picked at the time of recruitment. Damn you Dean Spanos..you have turned me into a cynical and skeptical old man.

Hindsight is great but at the time Telesco and McCoy were two of the hottest prospects and i was delighted with them. We also had brought in Ron Wolf to oversee the process which showed an effort to be successful.
    I do think Telesco is worth another year, missed quite badly in FA but has drafted well. McCoy hanging around is non sensical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Is it me or are city officials on San Diego getting off scott free?

From what I've read.. City officials are probably more to blame then anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Is it me or are city officials on San Diego getting off scott free?

From what I've read.. City officials are probably more to blame then anyone.

And the city of San Diego seem to be pissed with the Chargers and will only play ball on a new stadium if the Chargers negotiate in good faith or words to that effect.

And the Chargers don't really have a full year to decide they have about two months. By The league meetings in March team need to be in a position to let the league know where they will be playing next year. So in trying to move one team the league seems to have left two teams in some kind of limbo,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So in trying to move one team the league seems to have left two teams in some kind of limbo,

Too true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

On a positive note Ken Whisenhunt is back, which I think is fantastic news.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

best of luck to him, complete disaster in nashville

Rochey18 wrote: »
    On a positive note Ken Whisenhunt is back, which I think is fantastic news.

Delighted he's back, but I think to see the numbers and performances he got last time might not be possible in the first season, he needs a consistent oline thats going be healthy and needs a top level receiver to help KA13 out aswell getting Gordon going on the ground,
    Looks like San Diego is still not Dean's number one target rummors of meetings and conference calls with rams planned for today and tomorrow

Delighted he's back, but I think to see the numbers and performances he got last time might not be possible in the first season, he needs a consistent oline thats going be healthy and needs a top level receiver to help KA13 out aswell getting Gordon going on the ground,
    Looks like San Diego is still not Dean's number one target rummors of meetings and conference calls with rams planned for today and tomorrow

I think bring in an Oline coach who runs a power blocking scheme and use our size to push teams around. Then let Wiz scheme our plays to maximise the players strengths which he has shown an ability to do for us before. I think Gordon would benefit behind a PBS as it will simplify the plays and allow him be more decisive in his runs.

Spanos has to talk to the rams, needs to find out what they're offering before he can make a decision. Judging by Kroenke's business attitude he'll be doing what is financially best for him

OAOB wrote: »
    I think bring in an Oline coach who runs a power blocking scheme and use our size to push teams around. Then let Wiz scheme our plays to maximise the players strengths which he has shown an ability to do for us before. I think Gordon would benefit behind a PBS as it will simplify the plays and allow him be more decisive in his runs.

Spanos has to talk to the rams, needs to find out what they're offering before he can make a decision. Judging by Kroenke's business attitude he'll be doing what is financially best for him

Haven't heard any oline coaches been linked with the job yet, and I wouldn't know that many of them to know there scheme fits for chargers,

That's true about talking to rams has to sound out the offers first i guess, don't think kroenke will give much of an incentive to any team to join him

God knows what end decision will be. Dean banged on about how making the decision to apply for re-location as the hardest one his family have had to make... well guess what Deano, after the 30-2 demolition your beloved Carson plan experienced you are now in a situation where (in my opinion) your damned if you do and less damned if you don't.

Here is how I see the current situation;

1. go to LA as Stan's bitch i.e. as a tenant. Short term yes, the value of the franchise increases but you will be the 5th team at best in that market and the stadium will not be full of 'your' fans.

2. be a part owner in Inglewood (but don't think you can find the $ so this is really not an option in my opinion). OK so you are per se an equal partner in the stadium only. All the rest of Hollywood Park is Stan's to coin. The stadium will still not be full of 'your' fans and the increase in value of your franchise has been wiped out by the cost of re-location and stadium build.

I should also say that if either of the above happen there is a v big chance the Raiders move to SD. So many fans you once had will be gone to SD Raider games and you will be competing with not one (the Rams) but 2 more popular teams in SoCal.

3. go back and negotiate in SD. Franchise value does not increase as much as if you were in LA but you save yourself the re-location fee, which instead can be put into new stadium, NFL has given you an extra 100m on top of the 200m. And you have a home forever, retain your existing fans, get new fans and have a state of the art full stadium singing San Diego Super Chargers.

In my opinion it's a no brainer. Deano needs to make SD work, be it in Mission Valley or downtown.

4. final option is a real long shot and prob not something he has ever considered but.... look at going to San Antonio.

• Advertisement

God knows what end decision will be. Dean banged on about how making the decision to apply for re-location as the hardest one his family have had to make... well guess what Deano, after the 30-2 demolition your beloved Carson plan experienced you are now in a situation where (in my opinion) your damned if you do and less damned if you don't.

Here is how I see the current situation;

1. go to LA as Stan's bitch i.e. as a tenant. Short term yes, the value of the franchise increases but you will be the 5th team at best in that market and the stadium will not be full of 'your' fans.

2. be a part owner in Inglewood (but don't think you can find the $ so this is really not an option in my opinion). OK so you are per se an equal partner in the stadium only. All the rest of Hollywood Park is Stan's to coin. The stadium will still not be full of 'your' fans and the increase in value of your franchise has been wiped out by the cost of re-location and stadium build.

I should also say that if either of the above happen there is a v big chance the Raiders move to SD. So many fans you once had will be gone to SD Raider games and you will be competing with not one (the Rams) but 2 more popular teams in SoCal.

3. go back and negotiate in SD. Franchise value does not increase as much as if you were in LA but you save yourself the re-location fee, which instead can be put into new stadium, NFL has given you an extra 100m on top of the 200m. And you have a home forever, retain your existing fans, get new fans and have a state of the art full stadium singing San Diego Super Chargers.

In my opinion it's a no brainer. Deano needs to make SD work, be it in Mission Valley or downtown.

4. final option is a real long shot and prob not something he has ever considered but.... look at going to San Antonio.

How i see it;

Option one involves $550m relocation fee plus annual stadium rental which will be extreme, you only get poorer by being a tenant.

Option two involves $550m relocation fee plus taking out a HUGE loan so all profit is wiped out.

As an aside even if he does move to Inglewood the game day experience the Rams will put on will make the Chargers look like crap. Kroenke will buy celebrities and glamour to build the franchise, Dean can't afford to do that

Option three, stay in SD but he needs the city to put a lot of money towards it and they haven't shown a proper commitment to do that. Plus what if he ends up with a new stadium that's only half full? With the NFL loan and saving $550m then this is the easiest decision financially but is SD a big enough market to sink in a sizeable amount of money into? Will he be able to build the franchise or is it at it's maximum size already?

Option four is years away, i doubt he wants to wait around for that to emerge

Option five is sell the team and I wouldn't have a clue what they'd be worth but a new owner may be even more determined to relocate so it might not be great news for the fans

Re option 1 rent will be literally $1 a year apparently OAOB. But Kroenke owns everything. Chargers on hook for re-location fee and are only a tenant.

How i see it;

Option one involves $550m relocation fee plus annual stadium rental which will be extreme, you only get poorer by being a tenant.

Option two involves $550m relocation fee plus taking out a HUGE loan so all profit is wiped out.

As an aside even if he does move to Inglewood the game day experience the Rams will put on will make the Chargers look like crap. Kroenke will buy celebrities and glamour to build the franchise, Dean can't afford to do that

Option three, stay in SD but he needs the city to put a lot of money towards it and they haven't shown a proper commitment to do that. Plus what if he ends up with a new stadium that's only half full? With the NFL loan and saving $550m then this is the easiest decision financially but is SD a big enough market to sink in a sizeable amount of money into? Will he be able to build the franchise or is it at it's maximum size already?

Option four is years away, i doubt he wants to wait around for that to emerge

Option five is sell the team and I wouldn't have a clue what they'd be worth but a new owner may be even more determined to relocate so it might not be great news for the fans

Whiz is back yay.. the new O line coach was in Minnesota and the D line coach was in Tennessee. Other than that don't know a whole lot about these lads. The new LBs coach didn't come across v well in the interview with Mr Beane, doesn't appear to be the sharpest tool in the box!.

Guess it's time to see how people should go with the third pick. It's early still and combine/interviews etc will change a lot of opinions on players but picking at no.3 means we have lots of options.

Currently i'd love to see us grab Ramsey and plug him in as FS. We have a need there now that Weddle is gone and his style of play is similar to Perryman which is hard nosed football that is going to scare teams. I'd draft him for his attitude as much as his skill.
    My second option is Bosa, i think he'll be great but much more suited to a 4-3. We badly need a DE but i'd much rather put a big push to signing either of the Broncos FAs (preference for Wolfe)
    Third option is Tunsil and he'll be a beast but i don't think we're too badly set if the line can stay healthy. I'd be happy to go OT in round 2 but i'd be disappointed doing it in round 1.
    Fourth option is trade back but i don't think there's any player at the top of the draft that will be worth giving up too much

Guess it's time to see how people should go with the third pick. It's early still and combine/interviews etc will change a lot of opinions on players but picking at no.3 means we have lots of options.

Currently i'd love to see us grab Ramsey and plug him in as FS. We have a need there now that Weddle is gone and his style of play is similar to Perryman which is hard nosed football that is going to scare teams. I'd draft him for his attitude as much as his skill.
    My second option is Bosa, i think he'll be great but much more suited to a 4-3. We badly need a DE but i'd much rather put a big push to signing either of the Broncos FAs (preference for Wolfe)
    Third option is Tunsil and he'll be a beast but i don't think we're too badly set if the line can stay healthy. I'd be happy to go OT in round 2 but i'd be disappointed doing it in round 1.
    Fourth option is trade back but i don't think there's any player at the top of the draft that will be worth giving up too much

OAOB me and you are thinking alike posted up further a while back in this thread and posted it in the Draft thread that I think he will go top three pick, he is an exceptional talent, he has speed to cover wrs and strength to play safety with ease, can cover any cb position if needed with injuries, read that alot of scouts think he will blow away the combine drills with his speed, I think he would fit in with the type of player we have on defence as you say his style is very similar to denzel and I think he has great read of a game like verrett,
    Am I the only one that thinks we need to draft a wr and dt and centre early on this year, there is alot of talented dts in this draft like Kenny Clark of Ucla who could be there in round two who I think could be an improvement on who we have, seen talk of Ian Saeu been looked at for de in the pro's, looked at some tape of him and he looks good for a 4 th round or fifth round pick, I know his uncle had been traded before I started following the team but would be interesting to see if we draft him,

OAOB me and you are thinking alike posted up further a while back in this thread and posted it in the Draft thread that I think he will go top three pick, he is an exceptional talent, he has speed to cover wrs and strength to play safety with ease, can cover any cb position if needed with injuries, read that alot of scouts think he will blow away the combine drills with his speed, I think he would fit in with the type of player we have on defence as you say his style is very similar to denzel and I think he has great read of a game like verrett,
    Am I the only one that thinks we need to draft a wr and dt and centre early on this year, there is alot of talented dts in this draft like Kenny Clark of Ucla who could be there in round two who I think could be an improvement on who we have, seen talk of Ian Saeu been looked at for de in the pro's, looked at some tape of him and he looks good for a 4 th round or fifth round pick, I know his uncle had been traded before I started following the team but would be interesting to see if we draft him,

Not sure how important a DT is, think a good DE opposite Liuget would make a huge improvement. Maybe pick up a reserve to Carrethers in FA or a late round pick. A 4th round Seau would be an extremely popular fan pick
    WR has to be a very high priority, need a speedster i think but once again i think we might try a few in FA. Jeffrey from Chicago probably won't make FA but he'd be brilliant with Rivers. Not sure who else is available.

Interesting thoughts on Ramsey guys. Until I began looking into it I was not a fan of picking him at #3 over the likes of Bosa&Tunsil especially. I agree on Bosa that he might be more of a 4-3 type DE. Having said that it's not like we are a strict 3-4 though.

Imho we are in more of a need for an all out baller on the D line though so Bosa might be the one for me. If he is the next JJ Watt then we have to pick him, not sure he is though. If Bosa is gone can we pass on Tunsil and go Ramsey?

I'm all for Beef at the top end of this draft so were we to go Ramsey if God forbid both Bosa and Tunsil went 1 and 2 then we absolutely have to pick the best D lineman there is in the 2nd round.

We need a burner at WR too but that is a 3rd rounder at best for me. And Yes we do absolutely need someone who can play center. FA might be best route for that though if we draft a project in 4th or 5th. Stefen Wisniewski of the Jags might be someone to look at.

Interesting thoughts on Ramsey guys. Until I began looking into it I was not a fan of picking him at #3 over the likes of Bosa&Tunsil especially. I agree on Bosa that he might be more of a 4-3 type DE. Having said that it's not like we are a strict 3-4 though.

Imho we are in more of a need for an all out baller on the D line though so Bosa might be the one for me. If he is the next JJ Watt then we have to pick him, not sure he is though. If Bosa is gone can we pass on Tunsil and go Ramsey?

I'm all for Beef at the top end of this draft so were we to go Ramsey if God forbid both Bosa and Tunsil went 1 and 2 then we absolutely have to pick the best D lineman there is in the 2nd round.

We need a burner at WR too but that is a 3rd rounder at best for me. And Yes we do absolutely need someone who can play center. FA might be best route for that though if we draft a project in 4th or 5th. Stefen Wisniewski of the Jags might be someone to look at.

What would you think about Alex Mack from the browns, talk he may opt out of his contract this off season, I know he could be pricey for our cap but a massive improvement on watt, alot of dline quality depth in this draft,

What would you think about Alex Mack from the browns, talk he may opt out of his contract this off season, I know he could be pricey for our cap but a massive improvement on watt, alot of dline quality depth in this draft,

Would love Alex Mack, in fact before he signed that most recent contract with the Browns I openly touted him to the Chargers. Believe it or not my dentists daughter went out with him when he was in college!!. They are no longer together btw.

Watt is a stiff for me. Too soft too small for the NFL, terrible pick.

Really like Mack but at 30 years of age he's probably not worth investing a huge amount of money into.

Watt was a huge disappointment for me this year but i had really high expectations for him after his rookie season which were maybe unrealistic. I'll give him another season and see how he does

• Advertisement

I see Eddie Brown in the UT has us taking Bosa at #3 but Ryan Kelly the C from Alabama at top of 2nd round. Kelly would be great value there but would he not be gone by then?

I'd be surprised to see him drafted in the first but that's just because it's so rare that the position is taken that high

I'd be surprised to see him drafted in the first but that's just because it's so rare that the position is taken that high

That's true. Ironically last time 2 were taken in 1st round (if I'm not mistaken) was 2009 when Mack came in at 21. The other was Eric Wood for the Bills.

It spurred me on to a bit of research too. 2 of the best to ever play Mike Webster was a 5th rounder and Jim Otto way back in the day was not even drafted.

The 2 Pouncey brothers were 1st rounders one year after the other (2010 and 2011).

I think the Pouncey's were drafted as Guards and moved to Centre when injuries occurred

I think the Pouncey's were drafted as Guards and moved to Centre when injuries occurred

Maurkice was defo drafted as a center. When they were on the same team at Florida, Mike played guard. When Maurkice left for NFL, Mike took over as center for the Gators.

So before entering the draft both were the starting center for the Gators.

Seen the mock draft on Walter football, they have us pegged to take bosa at number 3, second round ot Coleman, thrid round a centre Nick Martin, this guy hasn't given up a sack in two years in norte dam and in the fourth a DT Hassan Ridgeway if I remember correctly

Seen the mock draft on Walter football, they have us pegged to take bosa at number 3, second round ot Coleman, thrid round a centre Nick Martin, this guy hasn't given up a sack in two years in norte dam and in the fourth a DT Hassan Ridgeway if I remember correctly

That would be a really good draft for us. Still big gaps at both safety positions and WR

That would be a really good draft for us. Still big gaps at both safety positions and WR

Yeah safety has be a top priority, FA will set where the first draft pick goes, get a dline in loke fairley from the rams or Wilkerson or Harrison from the jets could let us draft oline or my favourite pick Ramsey, at wr in free agency not many big names but I think one guy could be interesting to look at the browns wr Benjamin, he has speed I think with a qb like rivers aiming his way he would be hitting big numbers on a weekly basis, what do you's think

Yeah Benjamin has a lot of speed. Percy Harvin is a FA but too much drama associated with him.
    Some that i like are Kearse who really showed up as a reliable playmaker for Seattle and Sanu has been solid in Cincinatti. I do think Jeffrey's is the cream of the crop but we're probably unlikely to get him. Reality is it's not a great WR FA class

• Advertisement

Yeah Benjamin has a lot of speed. Percy Harvin is a FA but too much drama associated with him.
    Some that i like are Kearse who really showed up as a reliable playmaker for Seattle and Sanu has been solid in Cincinatti. I do think Jeffrey's is the cream of the crop but we're probably unlikely to get him. Reality is it's not a great WR FA class

Wouldn't want see harvin come to San Diego just to much hassle and never lived up to the hype or potential he has, Jeffery will command to much money if he tests FA, kearse could be the same in such a poor FA pool of wrs some one will over pay, not sure on sanu think he might stay in cinci,
    alot of talk about chargers looking at ole miss de that missed some games from some fall (don't know ins or out of it) but he has talent even more then bosa imo and looks a real handful,
    Braxton Miller is talked about as early second round pick or Michael Thomas for chargers both wrs, so interesting how there combine and pro days go, but I would rather dline oline and safety addressed early on in the draft

Wouldn't want see harvin come to San Diego just to much hassle and never lived up to the hype or potential he has, Jeffery will command to much money if he tests FA, kearse could be the same in such a poor FA pool of wrs some one will over pay, not sure on sanu think he might stay in cinci,
    alot of talk about chargers looking at ole miss de that missed some games from some fall (don't know ins or out of it) but he has talent even more then bosa imo and looks a real handful,
    Braxton Miller is talked about as early second round pick or Michael Thomas for chargers both wrs, so interesting how there combine and pro days go, but I would rather dline oline and safety addressed early on in the draft

Anybody know Josh Gordon's status in Cleveland. He's a beast but too fond of the gargle.

Was looking at who's contracts are up this off-season, who would you'd bring back out of them, weddle, green, gates, Reyes, hariston, barksdale, Robinson, Clemens, Johnson, Matthews and troutman, the rest are just practice camp imo,
    I would try keep green and gates, possible barksdale as he was only consistent oline player all season, hariston not sure depends on draft planning I think, Reyes I'm not sure I expected alot more from him, Robinson may look for to much cash, weddle is gone,

Was looking at who's contracts are up this off-season, who would you'd bring back out of them, weddle, green, gates, Reyes, hariston, barksdale, Robinson, Clemens, Johnson, Matthews and troutman, the rest are just practice camp imo,
    I would try keep green and gates, possible barksdale as he was only consistent oline player all season, hariston not sure depends on draft planning I think, Reyes I'm not sure I expected alot more from him, Robinson may look for to much cash, weddle is gone,

First out the door for me would be Robinson, no way should he be back, even as back up. I'd also very quickly say bye to Trout, David Johnson (what a waste of a roster spot he was) and Reyes too.

I'd look to bring back Hairston (as back up), Barksdale (can be RT), Green (at team friendly deal only), Gates (again team friendly), Mathews (as back up). Clemens will prob be back too, imagine having his job wow. Weddle is as good as gone, would be looking for way too much anyway so bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Lets be clear on which Robinson, Patrick definitely want to keep, Trevor no. I think Trevor is still under contract

Molly wrote: »
    Lets be clear on which Robinson, Patrick definitely want to keep, Trevor no. I think Trevor is still under contract

Sorry should have said Patrick

• Advertisement

Sorry should have said Patrick

I had assumed that. I don't think anyone wants next year's starting center to have been with the team last year ;)

Yeah lads assumed you meant Trevor, he needs to be gone yesterday. Patrick Robinson did OK. I think another team might offer him more than we are willing to though.

Kyle Posey has done some great breakdowns of players on BFTB. Ramsey, Buckner, Nkemdiche and Su'a Cravens so far.

Kyle Posey has done some great breakdowns of players on BFTB. Ramsey, Buckner, Nkemdiche and Su'a Cravens so far.

Yes been watching them with interest. Even though he is drooling over Ramsey I don't want him. If Bosa is there we take him, if he is not we take Tunsil. If neither are there I'd be looking to trade down and get Buckner.

I think i preferred last years format where he gave strength and weaknesses as it gave a better overall view of the prospect.
    Still some of the best player breakdowns you'll find

• Advertisement
Advertisement