Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Holy jaysus where to start........

I spose first off I gotta say how much the injury to Keenan Allen has affected my morale. Keenan does not deserve to suffer such an injury nor suffer playing for a team where the ownership stinks to high heaven.

This head coach should not be in a job in San Diego. The dogs on the street knew this at the end of last year. Incredulously.. not only did they come out and say they were sticking with him, they gave him that paltry 1 yr extension. To me this 1 yr extension was a clear sign that they can't have had 100% confidence that the bollix could turn things around.

A leopard never changes its spots and McCoward is that leopard. Some might argue it is 1 week 1 loss. But this is a game 99% of teams do not lose. KC were crap, were missing their best 2 players. Our O was pretty much doing what it liked. And then it all changes.... play not to lose, play prevent D (which prevents nothing only a chargers win).

I heard McCoward saying it was Whiz's decision to change tack so much.. when asked how come Melvin was taken out of the game. Was that him throwing Whiz under the bus somewhat while at the same time saying his usual bollixology that 'we are all in this together' etc?

Without Keenan and with McCoward and Pagano at the controls this team will do well to get to 5 & 11, my original forecast.

Wasn't it amazing thought during that 1st half to see us kick ass and go up by 21... for a few mins I started to dream right there..... but like Derek says above this is the San Diego Chargers.

Ok enough about the bigger picture some observations on the players.

There must be something up with Perryman. For a guy so dominant and secure last yr he was terrible yesterday.

Manti is Manti....... slow and soft as F. Nowhere near starting ILB quality for me. He should be a back up and no way would I sign him to an extension. It's a pity Perry does not look like the player we thought he might be when we drafted him, maybe he will get it before too long...... because we need him to.

Jatavis Brown did some nice things but when he needed to be on the field Pags decided to do something different = wrong. He had Emmanuel (who had a shocker too) attempting to cover Kelce, holy jaysus.

Pags even had Mebane out at one point when we were defending our goal line... I know the lad needs breathers but wow.

Lowery and Addae are liabilities, we knew that about Addae already but Lowery wow......

As good as the O line was in the 1st they were bad in 2nd but I am going to put that down to us going away from what was working. Pulley rotated with Fluker and more than held his own for me. The tackles especially had a very poor 2nd half.

All in all............... unless McCoy gets fired early (not a hope in hell) best we can hope for is 5 & 11 now.

EDIT: forgot to mention Kaser holy F doing his Kaeding impression. Jeez. He was nails in preseason but when it matters he **** the bed bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

The first half: great stuff, we looked like a functional NFL team for the first time in ages.. That whole second half (and the overtime) was basically like getting slapped repeatedly with a wet fish over and over again. Horrible to sit through, utter deranged nonsense would be a kind description of some of the play calls made last night, run D got gashed open just when we needed it most, no Keenan Allen on the field to bail us out with some quality, crushing sense of inevitability that it's only a matter of waiting for the loss to come: it was like being sent back in a time machine to last season all over again. I'd call it depressing, but when you see it happening week after week after week, one just gets used to it.. Had the Chargers game on TV and the packers-jags game on my tablet at the same time, glancing between both, Jacksonville certainly won't be fearing whatever we throw at them next week

carmanard wrote: »
    The first half: great stuff, we looked like a functional NFL team for the first time in ages.. That whole second half (and the overtime) was basically like getting slapped repeatedly with a wet fish over and over again. Horrible to sit through, utter deranged nonsense would be a kind description of some of the play calls made last night, run D got gashed open just when we needed it most, no Keenan Allen on the field to bail us out with some quality, crushing sense of inevitability that it's only a matter of waiting for the loss to come: it was like being sent back in a time machine to last season all over again. I'd call it depressing, but when you see it happening week after week after week, one just gets used to it.. Had the Chargers game on TV and the packers-jags game on my tablet at the same time, glancing between both, Jacksonville certainly won't be fearing whatever we throw at them next week

I had Jax as one of our 5 wins.... forget that!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

Well we're to start on last night, first I didn't see the game was working so listened to Nick and Josh on the radio feed, will have game pass for the weekend after payday Thursday and new card to subscribe, so I'll watch the highlights then, the good first, we souned like a team that could just impose our will on the chiefs in the first half two rushing tds for Gordon was great and some nice runs to boot for big gains, woodhead receiving td was nice play hiw does he get so open?, mebane seemed to have his way with the oline when WHEN on the field, why was he took out on the goalline?, our passing attack seemed to be based on Keenan, Danny and Williams early on Benjamin got limited looks from what Nick was saying,

The bad our run defence is awful still, our pass defence at the end was awful, I got home and seen the end of the fourth and ot on redzone on sky mix, why was kyle manned up on kelche, never going win that battle, lowery and addea don't cut it in the secondary, peerryman and teo were very quiet, Ingram hardly got mentioned, where did our great oline from the first half go in the second half?, we don't have any cover for Keenan now he's injured, so our offence will struggle alot, really feel for Keenan he gets no luck to go for him he was doing great before he went down, should have had Peter's ejected for a foul on him and river's according to Nick and Josh(perhaps bias on there part), only got my new Keenan Jersey on Friday in the post, so kinda feel like I jinxed him a bit,

To early to call how we will do against the jags, but it's an uphill battle, I think we might look for a wr in FA this week now, any word on a bosa suit up or is the hamstring injury bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

The most sickening thing is we looked ****ing great in the first half, defence was making plays, offense was moving the ball at will and there was a real swagger to the team. We know it's in them but with these coaches we'll never see their real potential

This is the same team as last year, second half proved while we'll never contend until there's a change in attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Chumps. At least we will get a good draft pick to blow next year

OAOB wrote: »
    The most sickening thing is we looked ****ing great in the first half, defence was making plays, offense was moving the ball at will and there was a real swagger to the team. We know it's in them but with these coaches we'll never see their real potential

This is the same team as last year, second half proved while we'll never contend until there's a change in attitude ownership.

Corrected it for ya!!.

tripperman wrote: »
    Well we're to start on last night, first I didn't see the game was working so listened to Nick and Josh on the radio feed, will have game pass for the weekend after payday Thursday and new card to subscribe, so I'll watch the highlights then, the good first, we souned like a team that could just impose our will on the chiefs in the first half two rushing tds for Gordon was great and some nice runs to boot for big gains, woodhead receiving td was nice play hiw does he get so open?, mebane seemed to have his way with the oline when WHEN on the field, why was he took out on the goalline?, our passing attack seemed to be based on Keenan, Danny and Williams early on Benjamin got limited looks from what Nick was saying,

The bad our run defence is awful still, our pass defence at the end was awful, I got home and seen the end of the fourth and ot on redzone on sky mix, why was kyle manned up on kelche, never going win that battle, lowery and addea don't cut it in the secondary, peerryman and teo were very quiet, Ingram hardly got mentioned, where did our great oline from the first half go in the second half?, we don't have any cover for Keenan now he's injured, so our offence will struggle alot, really feel for Keenan he gets no luck to go for him he was doing great before he went down, should have had Peter's ejected for a foul on him and river's according to Nick and Josh(perhaps bias on there part), only got my new Keenan Jersey on Friday in the post, so kinda feel like I jinxed him a bit,

To early to call how we will do against the jags, but it's an uphill battle, I think we might look for a wr in FA this week now, any word on a bosa suit up or is the hamstring injury bad?

Yeah forgot about the Peters stuff. He facemasked Keenan twice in about 3 plays, the second one he took his helmet off and the refs didn't call it. It was ridiculous. Then he was jawing and even shoved Rivers. Franklin then got in his face. While Reid took him out of the game for a couple of plays he did put him back in and he played pretty much every snap after that.

Murphys law that the guy beating him like a drum ends up going down with an ACL instead of the other way around.

Not that I care all that much but Sky have listed the games they will have to end September live and Chargers do not appear once.......

Does that say it all? #irrelevant

http://www.skysports.ie/watch/nfl-on-sky

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Not that I care all that much but Sky have listed the games they will have to end September live and Chargers do not appear once.......

Does that say it all? #irrelevant

http://www.skysports.ie/watch/nfl-on-sky

Think the only time we will be on sky is when we play the Broncos of a Thursday night, makes my decision of getting game pass easier

Well that's a good result last night, have to say watching on game pass was really cool,
    The good, Philip Rivers was just sublime in the game the reads of defence to set up scores with Benjamin, Gate's and Williams, I really fear the day he retires as he is such a great leader of our franchise and a great calming influence under centre, Melvin Gordon his first 100 yard game and another td he's starting to look comfortable now, hayward what a bargain from TT, I know only two games in, but he's making verret and himself look like one of the better cb duos in the league, Tyrell Williams looks like a young Malcolm Floyd

The bad Woodhead injury hopefully it's not to serious as he is a big part of the offence, Orlando Franklin he's an injury waiting to happen imo played well so far but seems one of those unlucky guys with little knocks,

But I'm not going to get to excited about the result as I'm not sure if we were that good or are the jaguars that bad they can make a moderate team look great?

Were u on gamepass from the start Tripper? like me were u saying WTF when the donkeys v colts was on our feed!!? only for a moment though thankfully.

Woodhead going down is hard to take esp after Keenan the week before. I expect Danny will miss most of the season now. We can IR him and bring him back if/when but you'd have to think that Chris Watt might join the roster before year end (after week 6?) which means we need to lose another body then.

I can't help but think Derek Watt is a waste of a roster spot right now. Henry and McGrath are as good if not better than him blocking. I could see D Watt being waived in the hope they could sneak him to the PS.

All in all though a win is a win but you have to think the Jags contributed mightily to their blowout. They were terrible. I have always liked Gus Bradley but jeez he won't make it to week 6 if this continues.

Loved seeing Benjamin and Tyrell flying.... Hunter Henry must be chomping at the bit to get a pass thrown his way....

I didn't rate the Jags or Bortles too highly coming into this and think even less now. Talented team but coaching looks suspect. I think last night just proved what we all know, we're a very talented team that can be very good. Coaches were fine last night, they didn't have to make any changes because we dominated but when it comes down to it i still wouldn't trust them to win us games. The game plan without Keenan was well drawn up, the offense should be ok this year with better WRs and Gordon to cover his loss.

Losing Woodhead sucks but i do think it could be the making of Gordon, he'll take on the work horse role and thrive i think. If Woodhead can come back by seasons end he'll offer a great boost for us when we need it.

The Oline looks immeasurably better this year, pocket has collapsed a few times but they are mauling defenders in the run game. Was hugely impressed with Franklin getting down the field on Tyrells TD, that was a huge effort on his part.

Our TEs are looking very good with Gates looking like he should be solely a red zone option for us at this stage. Henry is looking like a better pick every game.

Dline looks like a good unit as a whole and i really hope Bosa can get healthy soon. If we had a disruptive DE opposite Liuget we could be a nightmare to play against. The back ups are also contributing very well.

Our LBs are good but not great. Te'o is looking better than ever against the run but with the exception of Jatavis Brown they are all poor in coverage.

Safety is the weak point as we had predicted and looks like Addae is out (he was actually good yesterday). Lowry seems to arrive just after every play. We're lucky that we have 2 CBs playing great and Flowers being very good.

I don't think the Chiefs or Jags are good teams and i also don't rate highly our next 3 opponents (@ Colts, Saints, @ Raiders). We're definitely more talented than all 3 so if the coaches don't **** it up i think we could have a big Thursday night game against the Broncos coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

I have given up on gamepass this season and am sticking with Sky and Redzone so I can't get a feel for the Chargers games but the scores looked good last night. Loved the effort from all concerned on Williams TD and Gordon starting the season so well. #17 is our rock.

Although the win and the manner of it is great I can't help feeling worried going to Indy. Losing Woodhead is another hammer blow.

Didn't like seeing so many empty seats in the Q. inevitable I suppose.

setanta74 wrote: »
    I have given up on gamepass this season and am sticking with Sky and Redzone so I can't get a feel for the Chargers games but the scores looked good last night. Loved the effort from all concerned on Williams TD and Gordon starting the season so well. #17 is our rock.

Although the win and the manner of it is great I can't help feeling worried going to Indy. Losing Woodhead is another hammer blow.

Didn't like seeing so many empty seats in the Q. inevitable I suppose.

Pity u are not getting to see the full games live D. If you'd like to watch em delayed PM me and I will give u my login.

• Advertisement

I tend to just use streams for the chargers games, they're usually poor quality but it gives an idea of the the ebb and flow of the game and how we're doing. Nothing lies as much as highlights and stats.

I thought the Q wasn't too badly filled except the corporate level which was pretty much abandoned. Would expect more for the first game of the year but probably about the expected number with all things considered

I tend to just use streams for the chargers games, they're usually poor quality but it gives an idea of the the ebb and flow of the game and how we're doing. Nothing lies as much as highlights and stats.

I thought the Q wasn't too badly filled except the corporate level which was pretty much abandoned. Would expect more for the first game of the year but probably about the expected number with all things considered

Yeah one of the girls I know who was at the game said there was a good crowd but for some reason (what they call) the club level was pretty much empty.

Were u on gamepass from the start Tripper? like me were u saying WTF when the donkeys v colts was on our feed!!? only for a moment though thankfully.

Woodhead going down is hard to take esp after Keenan the week before. I expect Danny will miss most of the season now. We can IR him and bring him back if/when but you'd have to think that Chris Watt might join the roster before year end (after week 6?) which means we need to lose another body then.

I can't help but think Derek Watt is a waste of a roster spot right now. Henry and McGrath are as good if not better than him blocking. I could see D Watt being waived in the hope they could sneak him to the PS.

All in all though a win is a win but you have to think the Jags contributed mightily to their blowout. They were terrible. I have always liked Gus Bradley but jeez he won't make it to week 6 if this continues.

Loved seeing Benjamin and Tyrell flying.... Hunter Henry must be chomping at the bit to get a pass thrown his way....

Unfortunately me been a technical numpty I missed the first minute or two while I tryed and failed to get the laptop or phone to put the game on the big tv so I could watch it in comfort, is there an app to download on Samsung smart tv for game pass only joined on Saturday and forgot to look while I was watching espn college football Saturday night,

Really surprised by how quickly Matt slauson is at centre, only realised it when made that block on the safety to allow Gordon hurdle someone out of bounds, he reae has improved the oline, why did they not try to get Henry a rew catches he's been under used in two game's, he is a great run blocker tho

I'm ok with HH not being used in the pass game just yet, let him get comfortable at one facet of the game first. I think we'll have him as a centre point of our game plan in a few weeks when the opposition haven't schemed for him at all

Unfortunately me been a technical numpty I missed the first minute or two while I tryed and failed to get the laptop or phone to put the game on the big tv so I could watch it in comfort, is there an app to download on Samsung smart tv for game pass only joined on Saturday and forgot to look while I was watching espn college football Saturday night,

Really surprised by how quickly Matt slauson is at centre, only realised it when made that block on the safety to allow Gordon hurdle someone out of bounds, he reae has improved the oline, why did they not try to get Henry a rew catches he's been under used in two game's, he is a great run blocker tho

Rumour has it the PS4 has a Gamepass app but AFAIK no tellys have it yet. I've a Smart LG and it pains me that I cannot watch it on there. I couldn't be bothered with the HDMI hook up either so I just watch it on the tablet.

On Twitter live last night there was a play about 6 mins from end of Q1 where M28 was stuffed in the backfield. At the time I was sure it was Slauson who fell on his face and so let the DT in to make the stop. Others were of the opinion it was Franklin. I watched it back this morning and it was Slauson. Don't get me wrong he has been a huge upgrade at C but he is not perfect. I wonder will we hear about it from him this week?

• Advertisement

It is hard to beat chromecast. Its €40 once off but well worth it and the gamepass app will send the signal direct to the TV in full HD glory. I used it last season and it was class. Just pickup your phone, hit the cast icon and there she is!!.. no messing with laptops, cables etc

Actually with the samsung smart tv you might just be able to cast your phone direct to that TV. There is a setting that will show whatever is on your phone screen on the TV screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Danny woodhead has a torn ACL and is done for the season.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Danny woodhead has a torn ACL and is done for the season.

Really got feel for him he seems such a great guy, that's two bad injuries for him now since he came, who will they bring in now to fill his role is a big question since he played such a massive role in the offence

Didn't think it'd be so bad for Woodhead, a real shame for him. Seems like a really popular teammate and a real joker, hope he can come back

I'd be thinking Ronnie Hillman could be worth a look, played for the Aztecs so popular choice

Terrible for Woody........... we are now leading the league in ACLs and achilles tears jeeeeez. 2 of each.

Bad:
    • Coaching
    • Energy levels (especially the first quarter)
    • Rivers (missed short passes all day, most on third down)
    • Fumbles (4 of them, 3 lost)
    • Verrett (apparently he has an injured calf but he was exposed at times)
    • Run defence (we were looking the inept Indy coaches stopped running)
    • Running game (Gordon with 2.2 YPC)
    • Te’o injury/ILB depth

Good:
    • Jatavis Brown (Looked great but got injured, is he too small to withstand the physicality)
    • Tyrell Williams (hard to stop on that crossing route but would like his route tree to be expanded)
    • Defensive turnovers
    • Dexter McCluster (for a guy in camp less than a week he showed the ability to contribute)
    • TEs (I know Henry fumbled at the end but they showed good versatility and play making ability)

Bad:
    • Coaching
    • Energy levels (especially the first quarter)
    • Rivers (missed short passes all day, most on third down)
    • Fumbles (4 of them, 3 lost)
    • Verrett (apparently he has an injured calf but he was exposed at times)
    • Run defence (we were looking the inept Indy coaches stopped running)
    • Running game (Gordon with 2.2 YPC)
    • Te’o injury/ILB depth

Good:
    • Jatavis Brown (Looked great but got injured, is he too small to withstand the physicality)
    • Tyrell Williams (hard to stop on that crossing route but would like his route tree to be expanded)
    • Defensive turnovers
    • Dexter McCluster (for a guy in camp less than a week he showed the ability to contribute)
    • TEs (I know Henry fumbled at the end but they showed good versatility and play making ability)

I'd agree with a lot of the above OAOB but it all begins and ends with wimpish ownership to pussy head coach. Until one or both are removed we are on a hiding to nothing.

I don't think we will miss Te'o in fact I hope he has played his last down as a Charger. He is a below average ILB in this league we can do a whole lot better than him, let's move on.

Assume Verrett was hurt because he can't be/isn't as bad as he looked last night. Fair play to him coming out claiming the loss was on him though.

Rivers was terrible. 1 change on the O line to a guy he thinks he brilliant and the happy feet and floated passes are back. For as much as I love him, he doesn't appear to have what it takes to settle down and sort his **** out.

5&11.

Injuries kicking our asses again: Dunlap & Gates being inactive had us on the back foot, losing Manti & Verrett picking up a knock in game put us down to bare bones.. Jatavis Brown was immense, fair play to the lad, lack of faith in Gordon in short yardage situations near the goal line was a head scratcher. Big Phil certainly won't be looking back on this one with any fondness, that's not a good colts team and yet it was just a matter of wait for the inevitable loss to happen. Ugh

Robert Mays on Twitter just referred to the Chargers as being like a Final Destination movie, it's basically just waiting to see who gets mangled next. Not far off the mark tbh

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Denzel Perryman isn't playing as well as he did last year, only seen the first two QTS last night due to a very early start today, but in them two and last week imo he is missing tackles and not making the play's I think he was able to do last year,

• Advertisement

I think he was actually over hyped after last season. The improvement over Butler was huge so he seemed to have a bigger effect than normal.
    He's not good in coverage and he hasn't been as good against the run. It's surprising considering having an effective NT should have helped him

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Denzel Perryman isn't playing as well as he did last year, only seen the first two QTS last night due to a very early start today, but in them two and last week imo he is missing tackles and not making the play's I think he was able to do last year,
    I think he was actually over hyped after last season. The improvement over Butler was huge so he seemed to have a bigger effect than normal.
    He's not good in coverage and he hasn't been as good against the run. It's surprising considering having an effective NT should have helped him

In game 1 he didn't look 100% to me. He is on the small side so you'd have to think him laying the wood all the time is not good for his smaller frame. Having said that as a run stuffing ILB medium/long term I don't think we need to worry. I would like to see a bigger ILB to partner him on obvious running downs i.e. Perry. But Jatavis Brown is defo a passing situation/cover the TE/RB 3rd down LB. In those situations it might not be bad thing to plump for the bigger ILB to play with Brown i.e. Perry.

Having said all that though Perryman will now take over Manti's role as defensive playcaller/captain so we can expect to see him all 3 downs now. I reckon he will be fine, just hope he can hold up physically.

I had a big long post written but when I read it back it just look a big moan and I don't like so much negativity.

Bottom line in my opinion we have no difference makers, no leaders and no clutch players. #17 is the closest for me but outside of that..nada!!

Reason : Im in the Leslie camp now...the ineptitude and non-effective leadership shown by Spanos/TT/McCoy & Pagano. It is a malaise throughout the organisation that permeates the players onto the field and has been in place for too long now.

I had a big long post written but when I read it back it just look a big moan and I don't like so much negativity.

Bottom line in my opinion we have no difference makers, no leaders and no clutch players. #17 is the closest for me but outside of that..nada!!

Reason : Im in the Leslie camp now...the ineptitude and non-effective leadership shown by Spanos/TT/McCoy & Pagano. It is a malaise throughout the organisation that permeates the players onto the field and has been in place for too long now.

Did u watch the game back D on Gamepass?

The only real difference maker outside of #17 did his ACL v Chiefs i.e. KA13.

Check out Liuget.... how much are paying him to be the average D lineman that he clearly is?

Did u watch the game back D on Gamepass?

The only real difference maker outside of #17 did his ACL v Chiefs i.e. KA13.

Check out Liuget.... how much are paying him to be the average D lineman that he clearly is?

Funny you should mention Liuget. In my original post I had him, Ingram and T'eo called out as players who have failed to deliver and these were all touted as "difference makers" when we drafted them. Agree on Allen. The only one!!!

Saw most of the game on redzone. I just knew the Colts were going to pull it out of the fire. To be fair to Verrett he had a a tough matchup all day. Not too many better than Luck/Hilton.

Do people have a problem with TT?
    Personally i think he's done a very good job and has learned from previous mistakes. We've now got a young team, bucket loads of talent and a pretty good cap position. We've all been happy with how the last 2 off seasons went but the play on the field hasn't matched the talent.

I don't know whether it is his call to stick with McCoy, i would have suspected that was the ownerships call. Any HC candidate would love to walk into a job with the talent on the the Chargers roster.

We have a bad owner and that's not going to change
    We have a good GM
    We have a bad coach and that should change in 13 games time

Do people have a problem with TT?
    Personally i think he's done a very good job and has learned from previous mistakes. We've now got a young team, bucket loads of talent and a pretty good cap position. We've all been happy with how the last 2 off seasons went but the play on the field hasn't matched the talent.

I don't know whether it is his call to stick with McCoy, i would have suspected that was the ownerships call. Any HC candidate would love to walk into a job with the talent on the the Chargers roster.

We have a bad owner and that's not going to change
    We have a good GM
    We have a bad coach and that should change in 13 games time

I'm ok with TT for now. It is now up to John Spanos whether to can McCoy or keep him. No doubt he discusses it with daddy and TT though but it is defo John who will do the firing and hiring.

Our ownership is a joke though 100% agree on that one. I'd love for some Chinese/Arab lad to come in and buy the team like they are doing in Premiership.

I was giving TT a pass until recently and there is a bit of guilt by association with the owners and coaches but I fear his picks will show in time a lot more failures than success's and don't forget he gave up picks for reaching for average players too.

Our draft history is nothing to write home about in recent times and the class of 2016 I hope sincerely will give us something to cheer in the coming seasons but the Bosa saga and fit in our 3-4 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=4400&type=team

I was giving TT a pass until recently and there is a bit of guilt by association with the owners and coaches but I fear his picks will show in time a lot more failures than success's and don't forget he gave up picks for reaching for average players too.

Our draft history is nothing to write home about in recent times and the class of 2016 I hope sincerely will give us something to cheer in the coming seasons but the Bosa saga and fit in our 3-4 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=4400&type=team

Yeah I thought the moving up for Te'o (not even in hindsight BTW) a terrible move. Similarly I still think moving up for Gordon was not good value.

Mager was a WTF pick. The 2 Watts for me are not NFL players. So plenty of misses.

But I give him credit for the following picks - Philon, Perryman, Verrett, Keenan (WOW) and to a certain extent Emmanuel and Attaochu.

Before 2013 all the blame is on AJ eg. Mouton, Liuget (massive underachiever), Reyes, Butler.............. too many to mention.

• Advertisement

Chumps. Worse than the Browns.

The 2 fumblees need to man-up and take responsibility for the loss but despite his stats, Rivers was disappointing.

There is an over reliance on these back field receivers and N.O (possibly the worst D in the league) were picking it off. Air the ball out. 300 yards v the Saints is the equivalent of 150 against a real team.

That was flat out awful from all perspectives, McCoy and Pagno need to go, but knowing this ownership they will be there till black Monday (might not be a bad thing next coach would have top 4 draft pick), found it funny McCoy saying he still has the player's with him, while on Twitter KA was tweeting AGAIN about the throw away,

Sat there during the second half and I could just see the game been threw away again, saints were dead last in rush defence and we couldn't run the ball against them, oline is a shambles when there is injuries, the only two good points from the game Hunter Henry not showing a dip in confidence after last week's mistake and catching his first td and Jatavis Brown he played real well imo, showed flashes of big play potential on a mediocre defence,

McCoy and Pagno OUT NOW

It's unbelievable how we manage to lose games. That was a bad Saints team against a badly coached SD team. This team has no ambition

Our defence must be sick at seeing us settle for FGs after every turnover they get, i know i am

I said best we could hope for is 5&11 if McCoward was not fired v early on. We will do well to win 5 with this supposed leadership in place. There is NO leadership. McCoward is simply not a leader of men, there is no inspiration, no accountability. I had to laugh when I heard he was 'furious' during the presser last night. A real leader would have been furious in late 2014. This guy couldn't punch his way out of a brown paper bag, soft, soft, soft. As is the team. Franklin is a total bust, the O line in general should be ashamed to call themselves men. As for the D... is it not crystal clear now that this group led by imho the fool that is Pags can't stop anybody. Wish our O could get their 4th downs against our D. Simply hopeless. Where are you bigbucks Liuget!?.... safeties?..... pass rush?....

It needs to be blown up starting today. Wonder will little John have the balls to do it. #doubtit

We are all in a Bill Murray movie waking up in Punxsutawney looking for a groundhog named Phil.

It is mental but this team could have been 4-0 right now if it were not for the late blow-ups. They may have been the worst 4-0 team in history but when you look at some of the teams on the schedule like the Titans, Dolphins, Texans, Tampa Bay and the Browns, we have the easiest schedule of all time. We'd be 9-7 if we lost all of the others (and Kansas and the Panthers dont look all-that at the moment). Possibly play-offs.

We never know before a season how good or bad teams are on the schedule but it will be a long time before we get anything as close as friendly as this one.

• Advertisement

It is mental but this team could have been 4-0 right now if it were not for the late blow-ups. They may have been the worst 4-0 team in history but when you look at some of the teams on the schedule like the Titans, Dolphins, Texans, Tampa Bay and the Browns, we have the easiest schedule of all time. We'd be 9-7 if we lost all of the others (and Kansas and the Panthers dont look all-that at the moment). Possibly play-offs.

We never know before a season how good or bad teams are on the schedule but it will be a long time before we get anything as close as friendly as this one.

So you are still hopeful? even if big changes are not made this week?, fair play to you.

This team could be 4 & 0 you are right but never with this shower of muppets running the show.

No leaders...... period.

San Diego Marshmallows.

So you are still hopeful? even if big changes are not made this week?, fair play to you.

This team could be 4 & 0 you are right but never with this shower of muppets running the show.

No leaders...... period.

San Diego Marshmallows.

I wouldnt say hopeful, I just think we let what could have been a good season go to waste. And now all of those not-so-good teams that I have mentioned will be targeting the Chargers as a potential win.

I wouldnt say hopeful, I just think we let what could have been a good season go to waste. And now all of those not-so-good teams that I have mentioned will be targeting the Chargers as a potential win.

Who do you put the blame on? imho this is on little John who didn't/doesn't have the balls to fire this twat of a head coach.

Who do you put the blame on? imho this is on little John who didn't/doesn't have the balls to fire this twat of a head coach.

Two to blame imo, father and son, both have shown an ineptitude at making the correct calls, one McCoy should have gone last off-season we all thought that, if Dean was serious about wanting a new stadium he would guide John to sack McCoy, I know it would give off a bad sign that there's no faith in John, but it's in the best interest of the team, as the team losing won't bring voter's out to support measure c on the stadium, a few wins and some positive news from the team for the next month may help on that front

So McCoy gets another week, they must be waiting for the bye week to do it imo, spent a few day's looking at possible top talents in the next draft there's two ilb I like there play, seen ine of them live on tv twice or three time's now and he looks very good in Ohio state

• Advertisement
Advertisement