Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

tripperman wrote: »
    So McCoy gets another week, they must be waiting for the bye week to do it imo, spent a few day's looking at possible top talents in the next draft there's two ilb I like there play, seen ine of them live on tv twice or three time's now and he looks very good in Ohio state

Myles Garrett, they say, is the man in next years draft... plays DE for the Aggies.

We're going to need more beef esp on O line (Tackle) in 2017 for sure.

Did u hear the latest from LT?... I love LT as a Charger but as a pundit he talks an awful lot of ****e. Last week he said Chargers would have won a Superbowl had Brees stayed. This week he is saying we should trade Rivers... oh and he also reckons McCoy has what it takes.

Interesting stat - last time Chargers fired a coach mid season was 1998!!!. So it is not something they are known for. But if we lose our next 4 which is very possible and be 1&7 before the Titans come to town not sure you can wait.

Having said that I reckon he should have been fired midway thru 2015 season and instead they gave him a 1 yr extension. They are a law unto themselves!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭tripperman

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Myles Garrett, they say, is the man in next years draft... plays DE for the Aggies.

We're going to need more beef esp on O line (Tackle) in 2017 for sure.

Did u hear the latest from LT?... I love LT as a Charger but as a pundit he talks an awful lot of ****e. Last week he said Chargers would have won a Superbowl had Brees stayed. This week he is saying we should trade Rivers... oh and he also reckons McCoy has what it takes.

Interesting stat - last time Chargers fired a coach mid season was 1998!!!. So it is not something they are known for. But if we lose our next 4 which is very possible and be 1&7 before the Titans come to town not sure you can wait.

Having said that I reckon he should have been fired midway thru 2015 season and instead they gave him a 1 yr extension. They are a law unto themselves!.

Yeah Myles Garrett looks good, but I think we need Oline and Linebacker more then Dline this year, I'm liking McMillan out of Ohio and Reuben Foster out of Alabama, haven't looked at oline talent or WR and that is a need to,

I love LT, he's why I support the chargers, I didn't pay much heed to what he said about brees, but this week he has put out pure rubbish, trade river's no way, and McCoy not the problem that's insane talk,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

The Chargers have had a couple of historical blown leads, but that type of thing doesn't usually hold up over multiple games....San Diego could easily be 3-1 or 4-0 if a play or two goes a different way. Personally I think the Chargers can still have a decent season, as long as there is no over reaction and the wheels don't come completely off after the manner of the last two losses.

I know that the idea of trading a stud QB who has given so much to the team seems a bit hard to swallow, but, Rivers is 35, would garner huge interest I would expect, and if you could get something like a 1st or handful of lower picks to rebuild, not to mention the cap space that could be used to bolster other areas of need. I reckon a lot of GMs are looking at the success of rookie, or first year starters, with super affordable contracts and thinking they can replicate it. Ever since the new CBA and the rookie wage scale, acquiring draft capital (or, as some have likened it, the draft is a lottery, and to succceed you need to have a lot of tickets - or picks), and filling out your roster with cheap serviceable players, whilst hitting on the odd superstar (hopefully) seems to be the way to go recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Trading Rivers would make perfect sense if we had someone to take him and if we didn't need a stadium.

We wont get anywhere on that without a franchise QB imo.

Pity Bridgewater got injured when he did, could of traded him to the vikings for a huge chunk of picks.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Trading Rivers would make perfect sense if we had someone to take him and if we didn't need a stadium.

We wont get anywhere on that without a franchise QB imo.

Pity Bridgewater got injured when he did, could of traded him to the vikings for a huge chunk of picks.

I wouldn't like to see Rivers traded but if there was a team (a bad one) that came in and offered say 2 first rounders I might listen to them. Rivers does have a no trade clause in his contract though so it can't even be thought about unless he was to agree to waiving that clause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Verrett gone for the season...

U know what I am completely apathetic now... a main guy going down every week ain't bothering me no more. I couldn't care less until the team is sold of McCoy and his staff including strength and conditioning people are fired.

The season was done as soon as they decided not to fire this idiot. I said 5&11 before we began we will do well to get to 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I never felt like we were going to win last night. We're easily good enough to win them but we just are too used to losing. We need a big brash coach to come in and change the mentality of the players. No more nice guy coaches.

The big positives were Bosa and Henry. I know Rivers had 2 turnovers but good to see us taking some shots deep. Thought Toomer looked to have good potential and Mager did ok i thought.

Kaser has the leg but he hasn't the nerve.

Listening to Rivers post game I just feel sick for him

It just felt inevitable that we would lose that one, the good point's, Bosa two sacks a tackle for loss looked like he did in college, hopefully as he gets up to speed now the others on the dline will hopefully get more pressure, Henry the guy is very good looking like a great pick up in the second round, his blocking is good, his catching is good, Gordon apart from the fumble he done ok on the ground, his catching from the backfield is improving,

The bad, coaching to often left scrambling to get the right coverage on defence, prime example was Brown having to go out wide gives up the penalty for a first down that lead to a td, wasting time outs has become our thing the last season or two, I always thought you tried to save your TO is the second half of the game for a situation like last night, oline is not doing as well as it was the first week or two imo, injury cover is poor, and did hairston blink for that false start penalty?, I thought the raider jumped first, Kaiser my god his punting is getting worse, he has a good leg when he does get his nerves settled, his hold for the field goal was a nightmare, I really do feel for the kid, his confidence must be in bits now,

Broncos Thursday night I fear them after the defeat to the falcons last night, they will be hungry to get back on the winning streak again which is going to make things tough this week

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

No way was that pass interference for Cooper's TD. Wrong call. The resulting 1 yard run for the TD going in untouched was shameful.

As for the botched field goal? There are no words.

Lucky for us Denver has a QB problem but they should still win and McCoy will go.

• Advertisement

The superbowl run has started. Mike McCoy can do no wrong

Wow just watched the condensed highlights there now, that was a tense finish you could see rivers and the fans just waiting for that mistake that gave the Broncos ot, thankfully it didn't happen thanks to bosa and liguet getting pressure on the qb and mccoil just knocking it down,
    Jatavis Brown is proving a steal for a fifth round pick, a sack a forced fumble and key tackles to stop first downs threw out the game, Joey Bosa done a great job sure no sacks but alot of pressure and that in part lead to the penalty safety we got, Hunter Henry is really starting to become a favourite target of rivers now, another td I believe led in receptions and yards last night, our draft class is proving good so far, pity no Max Turek on the active roster to see how he goes, perry not showing much so far as Brown has been doing so well,
    Delighted for the team that they got the win, will be a big boost for confidence going to Atlanta and then Denver, seems McCoy was right he hasn't lost the locker room, just wondering how would we have done if bosa was available forvthe first four game's, only down point of the game Imo was that gates seems to be alot slower and not as sure handed at catching as last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

As a Raiders fan I was obviously glad to see you guys getting the win and Denver losing. But it could so easily have been another loss, far too many costly mistakes and unforced errors by the Bolts and it went down to the last play of the game. McCoy isn't the answer for you guys, he needs to be replaced.

That was the best win for the Chargers since the play-off game in Cincinatti nearly 3 years ago.

On offense we had a disastrous second quarter but managed to fight back. Huge game by Tyrell Williams who is really stepping up. Benjamin with some nice catches and thought Inman made some big plays in the second half. Gordon had a huge 13 yard run that he had no right to make and with 3TDs he was the red zone threat we needed. Gates had some awful drops but also made some crucial first downs (4th & 2), he has no speed left but we need him to catch everything that he can get his hands to and he hasn't been doing that.
    The O-line were pretty bad for a lot of it.

Our defense got so banged up last night but fought through to carry us to victory. Bosa was beastly and thought Ingram and Mebane weren't far behind him. For big plays Perryman was excellent, he looked in serious pain for a lot of the game but still kept himself in the game. Our safeties are bad and despite Julio having a huge game i thought our CBs did as well as they could (Trevor Williams looks to have some potential and is full of effort). Heyward carried a lot of responsibility in this game and it suited him.

Another return error but STs were good last night, Kaser is finding his rhythm and Lambo is looking like one of the very best kickers in the league.

Credit where it's due, Pagano and Whiz had good game plans. I'm refusing to give McCoy any credit.

We've lost so many that we should win that it was nice to win one unexpectedly. This momentum heading into Denver is huge, they are on a shorter week and our team are feeling pretty good about themselves. After next week we hit the soft section of our schedule i believe

I owe Tom Telesco an apology (I am sure he his holding out for one). Anyway I had a moan a few weeks ago and I unfairly included him.
    Some of his draftees have been nothing but superb these last few weeks. The players have showed a resolve with these last 2 wins that I didn't think they had.

Losing so many top players and losing so many games the way they did , it would have been easy to give up the ghost and hide while seeing out the season.

I wonder with the opportunities some of these players are getting now and the trials and tribulations of what has gone on will it be the making of this team going forward?

I still expect us to have a losing season and I still expect McCoy and Pagano to be gone but there is always a lot to be learned in adversity and I like what I see from a lot of these 2nd stringers and draftees.

(I drank my optimistic juice this morning). Great win last night.

Wow what win, I really don't know how we won that game from 17 point's down, great belief from the player's to fight there way back into it and back into the season, I have to give TT credit his draft picks from the last two drafts paid off big time last night and in the last few game's in general, Bosa, Brown, Perryman, Henry, Gordon, Emanuel and I can't believe I'm saying Mager as well, he done well before Perryman injured him, but the signings TT made of Slauson and Hayward are paying off big time, Hayward is proving a shut down corner, o.k. the oline is still bad, but without slauson it could be alot worse imagine having Robinson in there, but the signing of Brandon Mebane what a deal, he really is bringing that Seahawks mentality into this defence and his leadership is more important then his play at the moment (his play is great to) look at how he got them three or four penalties last night for the defence, there was a lot of big play's in regular time to keep us in it from Benjamin, Gordon, Tyrell Williams and Inman on offence, on defence the sack from bosa, mebane stuffed a few runs with perryman, Hayward keeping Julio quiet and throwing him out of bounds in the last few seconds, perryman interception was a great break of luck,

When I seen the falcons going for on fourth down in ot I knew we had it, I just thought our defence had more momentum coming up to that play, looking forward to next week I really think it will be a lot tougher then last night as the Broncos will be looking for revenge after the way they got bullied by the chargers on TNF,

Great point about how we've managed to get a bit of momentum going. I think it has come about by the young guys only in the league a year or two showing serious hunger and playing with high energy.
    For the last few years we had veterans like Weddle/Butler/Liuget/Te'o telling everyone to just do your job but the new guys seem to just want to make plays, hit someone and play with energy. Big vocal guys like Mebane are embracing that and it's changing the attitude of the defence. Getting wins will encourage this.
    I really like our defence (not co-ordinator) but injuries are piling up fast and realistically i think Brown and Bosa will wear down near the tailend of the season, they're having to play a lot more snaps than we'd like

What did yous make of Benjamin throwing a pass last night, I thought it was a heck of great play call almost came off just an inch short, really shows how Whizz is making the offence so diverse and hard to plan for compared to last season,

To be honest I miss the latter day Norv's runs up the gut on every down ;-)...ah no its great to see us taking a few risks and Norv was good at pulling them out of his hat at times too.

• Advertisement

Trick plays are great entertainment but i worry they might break Rivers rhythm. If you have a franchise QB i don't know how necessary they are

Fantastic win, haven't seen the whole game, I'll rewatch it on gamepass when I get a chance.

Bosa looks something seriously special, dare I say we have Lights out and Shaun Philips part 2?

We are pretty beat up and I doubt we make the playoffs but it's great to see with all the injuries the team are still fighting.

Anyone go over to the game I Twickenham the weekend?

Just saw that Jatavis Brown's father died the morning of the Atlanta game and only person Jatavis told was McCoy and he insisted that he play the game.

He played every defensive snap and McCoy awarded him a game ball at the end.

Didn't think he was as good as other games this year but unbelievable attitude from the young man. People can have a go at TT for only signing high caliber people to the roster but that's the right type of guy to have on our team

Hi lads... been out of commission the last 2 weeks but have been watching the games of course. Looking at the Atlanta game especially it's clear now that this team (esp the young lads) are being inspired/motivated to win because of #17. This is happening despite McCoy not because of him or any **** that he is peddling. Look at the O line (not to mention special teams). They are the 'older' group now and Franklin, Fluker and Barksdale were a disgrace against Atlanta. In 2017 at best I see 2 of this 5 on the team. Fluker can GTFO right now what a bust of a #11 pick he was. I hope that was a massive blip by Barksdale and he cops himself on.

How does the STs coach still have a job?, oh yes..... it's because McCoy cannot do what is necessary.

I am now behind #17 and our young guns, F the ownership and Head Coach.

How much credit does #57 deserve, dad dies a few hrs before the game and he shows up and balls out. Perryman... wow. Tyrell... will make us forget M80. Bosa is legit.

Beat the ****in Donkeys!.

Oh well wasn't it sort of good while it lasted... feckin teasers.

Back to normal so. Goes to show if Rivers has an off day we have little or no chance and yesterday he was as poor as he has ever been.

This team while showing promise in certain positions eg. Bosa, Jatavis, Gordon, Tyrell (who is clearly injured), Henry (ditto), Verrett and Perryman; is sorely lacking at the same time.

Special teams is a joke and I cannot understand how their coach still has a job. Just goes to show there is no accountability under McCoward. This guy was understudy to the coach fired last year and is at least as bad. Get rid.

O line is a disgrace. Franklin and Fluker are horrific and Barksdale is right behind them in terms of inability/lack of effort. I reckon we need to replace 4 of these guys and get better back ups in place. Hairston isn't worth ****.

Oh and move on this idiot HC for chrissakes. 4 passes from 1sst and goal at the 2......... hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Oh well wasn't it sort of good while it lasted... feckin teasers.

Back to normal so. Goes to show if Rivers has an off day we have little or no chance and yesterday he was as poor as he has ever been.

This team while showing promise in certain positions eg. Bosa, Jatavis, Gordon, Tyrell (who is clearly injured), Henry (ditto), Verrett and Perryman; is sorely lacking at the same time.

Special teams is a joke and I cannot understand how their coach still has a job. Just goes to show there is no accountability under McCoward. This guy was understudy to the coach fired last year and is at least as bad. Get rid.

O line is a disgrace. Franklin and Fluker are horrific and Barksdale is right behind them in terms of inability/lack of effort. I reckon we need to replace 4 of these guys and get better back ups in place. Hairston isn't worth ****.

Oh and move on this idiot HC for chrissakes. 4 passes from 1sst and goal at the 2......... hmmmmmm.

Going for 2 at start of 4th was silly when your o hadn't been producing. Going for 2 after a penalty was stupid.

4 pass plays on a 1st and goal on the 2 when the broncos had given up only a couple of passing tds all year and the one weakness the d has is on the ground... crazy. I've blamed their bad luck
    On injuries but if thats the type of pkaycalling all season... i get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans this week lads.. we'll try to keep the ball away from Rivers so will be ground and pounding it i'd say.. How's your run D?

Titans this week lads.. we'll try to keep the ball away from Rivers so will be ground and pounding it i'd say.. How's your run D?

As with everything Chargers related it's inconsistent. We're way better than the last few years but i still would think it's an area teams like to challenge us on.
    When we have Bosa, Mebane and Liuget on the line we're solid but the back ups aren't great and can get washed out pretty badly at times.
    Perryman at ILB is excellent against the run but looks like he's playing banged up. Our rookie Jatavis Brown seems to be able to do everything.

OAOB wrote: »
    As with everything Chargers related it's inconsistent. We're way better than the last few years but i still would think it's an area teams like to challenge us on.
    When we have Bosa, Mebane and Liuget on the line we're solid but the back ups aren't great and can get washed out pretty badly at times.
    Perryman at ILB is excellent against the run but looks like he's playing banged up. Our rookie Jatavis Brown seems to be able to do everything.

Looks like Perryman might be held out of this weekends game so that is a loss. We are down to 2 rookie ILBs now!!, and a journeyman 2012 5th rounder pickup from Raiders PS (who has done quite well surprisingly). As OAOB has said Bosa has been great on the line and has meant the likes of Ingram and Liuget are now looking better.

This game is all about our O line.. if they are as **** as they have been then Titans have a shot. If they perform adequately, even with our moronic head coach I can't see us losing this one at home.

But we are talking about Mike McCoward here... the idiot that plays not to lose and so loses more often than he wins.

Sunday's game against the Broncos has to go down as just bad play calling on offense, from the two yard line you try to pass it, when your QB is having one of his very few off days and when your first round pick from the previous draft has 100 yard game against the Broncos, the first HB to do that in 20 odd game's and they didn't look like been able to stop him, while he also leads the NFL in tds, and to go for two after the penalty on the first attempt was just stupid let Lambo kick it and get on with trying to stop them on defence,

Looking ahead to the titans, we look to be missing both perryman and Brown for this one, that could leave us very weak on defence against Henry and Murray, think we could struggle this week, Gordon will need to have a big game to take the pressure off the defence,

Sunday's game against the Broncos has to go down as just bad play calling on offense, from the two yard line you try to pass it, when your QB is having one of his very few off days and when your first round pick from the previous draft has 100 yard game against the Broncos, the first HB to do that in 20 odd game's and they didn't look like been able to stop him, while he also leads the NFL in tds, and to go for two after the penalty on the first attempt was just stupid let Lambo kick it and get on with trying to stop them on defence,

Looking ahead to the titans, we look to be missing both perryman and Brown for this one, that could leave us very weak on defence against Henry and Murray, think we could struggle this week, Gordon will need to have a big game to take the pressure off the defence,

Even with Perryman and Brown missing you'd think we should be able to handle this Titans team at home... but this is the Chargers supposedly led by McCoward. Anything could happen.

• Advertisement

Even with Perryman and Brown missing you'd think we should be able to handle this Titans team at home... but this is the Chargers supposedly led by McCoward. Anything could happen.

That's what I fear that they wouldn't be as up for this game like they were for the Broncos, with the shortage of ilb there preparing Kyle Emmanuel to play ilb on Sunday, I just seen that the game is blacked out on gamepass Sunday

That's what I fear that they wouldn't be as up for this game like they were for the Broncos, with the shortage of ilb there preparing Kyle Emmanuel to play ilb on Sunday, I just seen that the game is blacked out on gamepass Sunday

Yeah we are on Sky! imagine!. Gas. Toomer and Perry will play alot methinks.

Yeah we are on Sky! imagine!. Gas. Toomer and Perry will play alot methinks.

Dam won't see it so till the condensed highlights are up on Monday, yeah toomer has done well so far, Perry concerns me doesn't seem to be good against the run or pass yet, alao doesn't seem to have made the step up from Ohio state to nfl like bosa has, even Brown from Akron to nfl has made it look easy and Akron wouldn't exactly be that high of level of college ball, I see Tyrell is struggling with a knee injury,

Make sure and vote for the cowboys to be on sky in week 10, dont want to have us blacked out two weeks in a row

Dam won't see it so till the condensed highlights are up on Monday, yeah toomer has done well so far, Perry concerns me doesn't seem to be good against the run or pass yet, alao doesn't seem to have made the step up from Ohio state to nfl like bosa has, even Brown from Akron to nfl has made it look easy and Akron wouldn't exactly be that high of level of college ball, I see Tyrell is struggling with a knee injury,

Make sure and vote for the cowboys to be on sky in week 10, dont want to have us blacked out two weeks in a row

Yeah I've managed to swipe somebodys SkyGo for the rare occasion when Sky feature the Bolts on the telly!. So I will see it Sunday evening.

Perry has been disappointing overall... and for such a smart guy I am surprised. He is rooming with Bosa too so I'd say he is feeling the pressure in terms of his performances.

Yeah I've managed to swipe somebodys SkyGo for the rare occasion when Sky feature the Bolts on the telly!. So I will see it Sunday evening.

Perry has been disappointing overall... and for such a smart guy I am surprised. He is rooming with Bosa too so I'd say he is feeling the pressure in terms of his performances.

Have sky in one room, just the others would rather watch xfactor s##t instead, didn't know Perry was rooming with bosa, makes sense both from same college and get on well, hopefully now bosa is flying he might help give Perry confidence

Melvin Gordon take AFC offensive player of the week son, took the game by storm last night we would never have win it without him, he really has shook off his rookie season, watt is part of that as well, seems so comfortable and confident running behind him, Gordon reminded me (on HOF week as well) of watching the great LT, flowers played well, toomer seems to be a steal off the raiders practice squad, Spencer pulley played well, looks better then Franklin imo, was I the only one that thought Hayward was flagged in the wrong at the end in tge end zone?

The amount of penalties on us was mad, poor discipline, flucker at the start was ridiculous, could havr cost us big, I hate saying but bazooka Joe is now a walking penalty machine, seems to have lost something from last season, disappointed in Ingram for the head butt, could have been worse tho could have been ejected,

Melvin Gordon take AFC offensive player of the week son, took the game by storm last night we would never have win it without him, he really has shook off his rookie season, watt is part of that as well, seems so comfortable and confident running behind him, Gordon reminded me (on HOF week as well) of watching the great LT, flowers played well, toomer seems to be a steal off the raiders practice squad, Spencer pulley played well, looks better then Franklin imo, was I the only one that thought Hayward was flagged in the wrong at the end in tge end zone?

The amount of penalties on us was mad, poor discipline, flucker at the start was ridiculous, could havr cost us big, I hate saying but bazooka Joe is now a walking penalty machine, seems to have lost something from last season, disappointed in Ingram for the head butt, could have been worse tho could have been ejected,

Agree 100% on Melvin Gordon... he was outstanding. I love his burst. He is at full speed so quickly, had a great sprinting action. Fair play to him after a really **** rookie season.

The refs in the NFL are a joke and yesterdays game was just another example. While Fluker is as dumb as F I'm not sure the whistle was blown when he charged into the melee? he won't be a Charger in 2017 please God unless he takes a mega friendly deal to be a back up. Pulley is the better G already. Barksdale can take a long walk on a pier. Apart from the penalties he is getting thrown around so much most of the time anyway.

I'm not there with Watt yet Tripper... still to be convinced he is worth a roster spot.

How crazy was it to see Deon King who was only signed to PS in last 10 days play ahead of Perry. WTF is going on there Tom Telesco? if a guy can come off the scrap heap and play ahead of your draft pick please explain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good win lads, Rivers tore us a new as did Gordon, we still cant stop a precision passer.

Good win lads, Rivers tore us a new as did Gordon, we still cant stop a precision passer.

Gday Heli... yeah your D backs had a real poor game. Thought the refs didn't help you apart from the DPI on Hayward which was a poor call on us.

Gordon was outstanding.

Dunno how our run D stopped Murray what with all the new faces back there. We are down our first 4 ILBs on the depth chart!!.. so much so a guy signed to the PS in last 10 days played ILB yesterday (Deon King).

Mariota did gift us 14 pts too. We'll take the win but it was far from convincing yet again. Good luck the rest of the way.

Agree 100% on Melvin Gordon... he was outstanding. I love his burst. He is at full speed so quickly, had a great sprinting action. Fair play to him after a really **** rookie season.

The refs in the NFL are a joke and yesterdays game was just another example. While Fluker is as dumb as F I'm not sure the whistle was blown when he charged into the melee? he won't be a Charger in 2017 please God unless he takes a mega friendly deal to be a back up. Pulley is the better G already. Barksdale can take a long walk on a pier. Apart from the penalties he is getting thrown around so much most of the time anyway.

I'm not there with Watt yet Tripper... still to be convinced he is worth a roster spot.

How crazy was it to see Deon King who was only signed to PS in last 10 days play ahead of Perry. WTF is going on there Tom Telesco? if a guy can come off the scrap heap and play ahead of your draft pick please explain.

Yeah a lot of people are still not convinced on watt yet, his blocking still needs work I'll admit that he's a bit off Lorenzo Neal ability yet and he can catch the ball as well as anyone of what I have seen from college and gis few limited chances so far, but imo I'm thinking his presence has helped Melvin settle and drive on this season to be as good as he is,

Couldn't believe that myself, Perry really is struggling, I hope Brown or Denzel are back next week to cover Jay running next week for the dolphins, I was shocked to see lowery make a pass break up and a fumble recovery for a td since he's been awful up to now

• Advertisement

Was a great game for a neutral to watch on sky, yous were very unlucky not to get the win, I think most team's struggle to stop Rivers when he's on point like he was yesterday, don't know what happened to Henry yesterday but he was a big loss for yous, would have made Murray even more explosive not having to carry so much of the work load, titans are very close to a playoff contender now, that oline is rock solid,

Injured himself in the bloody warm up!
    I ahd expected to see him running over people.

The fumble on the QB run was terrible, Mariota was throwing the ball very well up til them
    Was a great game for a neutral to watch on sky, yous were very unlucky not to get the win, I think most team's struggle to stop Rivers when he's on point like he was yesterday, don't know what happened to Henry yesterday but he was a big loss for yous, would have made Murray even more explosive not having to carry so much of the work load, titans are very close to a playoff contender now, that oline is rock solid,

When the Titans put the ball in Mariotas hands he absolutely gashed us on two very quick scoring TD drives. Their determination to run the ball actually suited us and having a decent Dline helped out our reserve LBs.

In reality i thought we should have won this by quite a bit more but once again went conservative with play calling and settled for FGs

For the number of turnovers our D has created this year we have hardly ever taken advantage of it and got TDs.

Great to see Gates contributing like he used to

When the Titans put the ball in Mariotas hands he absolutely gashed us on two very quick scoring TD drives. Their determination to run the ball actually suited us and having a decent Dline helped out our reserve LBs.

In reality i thought we should have won this by quite a bit more but once again went conservative with play calling and settled for FGs

For the number of turnovers our D has created this year we have hardly ever taken advantage of it and got TDs.

Great to see Gates contributing like he used to

I could have put both fists thru a wall when McCoward had them go to the line on 4th and 1 to try and draw them offside... knowing full well this chicken **** moron was never going to go for it. I fully expected him to call timeout too as Philip walked to the sideline as the play clock ticked down. Kudos to the Titans for being the first team to realise that he ain't ever going for it in that scenario.

Have to say I'm really enjoying watching this team play. May be awful at times but still enjoyable.

Future is at least bright with the young pieces we have in place.

I actually think we have an incredible team in place. When this team plays aggressive on both sides of the ball we are very hard to beat, the issue is when we go conservative we get exposed.
    I know it's beating the drum to death saying it but if we could get a significant upgrade over McCoy then i think we are very legit challengers. I'd even go to the point where Pagano and Whiz can be kept, it think what they really need is a HC to get involved and tell them to stay aggressive.

We need to upgrade the O-line but with Pulley, Tuerk and Donovan Clark (who had looked very good) as potential interior players to go with Slauson we already have the interior in not too bad a position. Ideally we need 2 new tackles and keep Dunlap as a swing T. I'd probably rather squeeze another year out of King but draft a 2nd/3rd round pick and groom him.

I see everyone saying a WR needs to be a priority but i think the group we have with a healthy Keenan is awesome.
    Need another RB but huge depth in the draft class. Wouldn't mind drafting the top TE again, when we see how good Henry has been it would be tempting to have two of him.

Not sure what they'll do with Ingram, don't think he's a top 10 pass rusher but maybe top 15, his price will depend on how he does down the stretch this year.
    All our front 7 is missing is one more pass rusher i think. We have reasonable depth and good starters.
    We need to upgrade our safeties and not sure if we have Flowers signed next year but CBs are ok (I've been impressed with the potential of Trevor Williams, he gets beat but all his instincts are good)

Summary is our weaknesses are T, S and pass rusher and beyond that we have a great roster. Biggest weakness is owner (which will not change) and HC (which hopefully will)

I actually think we have an incredible team in place. When this team plays aggressive on both sides of the ball we are very hard to beat, the issue is when we go conservative we get exposed.
    I know it's beating the drum to death saying it but if we could get a significant upgrade over McCoy then i think we are very legit challengers. I'd even go to the point where Pagano and Whiz can be kept, it think what they really need is a HC to get involved and tell them to stay aggressive.

We need to upgrade the O-line but with Pulley, Tuerk and Donovan Clark (who had looked very good) as potential interior players to go with Slauson we already have the interior in not too bad a position. Ideally we need 2 new tackles and keep Dunlap as a swing T. I'd probably rather squeeze another year out of King but draft a 2nd/3rd round pick and groom him.

I see everyone saying a WR needs to be a priority but i think the group we have with a healthy Keenan is awesome.
    Need another RB but huge depth in the draft class. Wouldn't mind drafting the top TE again, when we see how good Henry has been it would be tempting to have two of him.

Not sure what they'll do with Ingram, don't think he's a top 10 pass rusher but maybe top 15, his price will depend on how he does down the stretch this year.
    All our front 7 is missing is one more pass rusher i think. We have reasonable depth and good starters.
    We need to upgrade our safeties and not sure if we have Flowers signed next year but CBs are ok (I've been impressed with the potential of Trevor Williams, he gets beat but all his instincts are good)

Summary is our weaknesses are T, S and pass rusher and beyond that we have a great roster. Biggest weakness is owner (which will not change) and HC (which hopefully will)

Agree with you on most points, our oline has potential need to draft for both tackles and an extra guard for the injury cover, remember this Clarke's second season ended by injury, I agree with most that we could do with an extra wr, not because I don't like the potential we have with a healthy Keenan, but rather to have injury cover and someone who can complement Keenan to make our offence more dynamic pass wise to open up for Gordon on the ground,
    We do need to draft a hb to go with Gordon as both woodhead and BO are pending fa, farrow is just o.k. not going worry defence to much, dexter is not good enough to resign imo,
    Defence we need both safety positions filled, could do with an extra pass rush and ilb to back up jatavis and denzel (teo gone), this draft is loaded at cb so I would take a cb over te, one to develop as both flowers and Hayward contracts up the following off-season, and Hayward might be to expensive to resign if he continues on his current form, I'd resign Ingram he is coming on big time now, but deal would need to be reasonable, I'd say needs in order, safety, tackle, pass rush, hb, cb, wr, qb someone to move Clemmon out

Love the optimism lads... Here is my take per position group.

Safety - we need at least 1 if we see Addae as one of the starters. In my opinion both safety spots can be upgraded. And unfortunately it looks like McCoil is not an answer. Adrian Phillips seems to be coming on a bit but perhaps not enough. Still wouldn't mind seeing Mager tried at FS.

Corner - with a fit Verrett we are in good shape. But for me Flowers can be let go end 2016 meaning we probably need a new guy. I too have liked the look of Trevor Williams, but not Stevie Williams. If Mager stays at corner we just need to add 1 body.

OLB - Ingram will be gone, someone will overpay and unless he was to take a big hometown discount I'd let him go. So we will need at least 1 new OLB. I like the potential of Landrum but Tourek has been a big disappointment, at best a backup in 17. Emmanuel is serviceable but we need someone who can get to the QB.

DT - Liuget has been massively disappointing. He is the second highest paid player on this team and is nowhere near deserving of that cash. Bosa is a stud. Square and Palepoi are decent but you'd have to question if either can become a starter. I think we need another DT/end.

NT - Mebane has been a nice addition but isn't getting any younger, we need to find another one of him.

RB - so many people have forgotten about Oliver, if he comes back 100% we don't need another RB esp if Woodhead is returned too(I expect he'll come back).

FB - Watt for me was a wasted pick... is not improving as he should either... if we are going to play with a FB we can do better than him.

O line - I'm fine to move on from Fluker and Barksdale. Franklin gets 1 more chance. Dunlap should retire so we're looking at needing 2 new tackles (cannot believe Burwell hasn't 'got it' yet, and is back to PS). Pulley should take Flukers spot and like both of you have said Clark looked ok in limited action. Wasn't this his rookie yr Tripper? so we are in bad need of tackles. Draft beef PLEASE.

TE - I'd like to see us add another 1 or 2. McGrath is muck. Cleveland is not getting a chance. Gates might call it quits after this yr. McGee on the PS I'd like to see get a shot.

WR - the fact that our guys get injured so much is reason enough to stockpile here. Stevie Johnson will be gone I'd have thought. So we're going with Keenan, Travis, Tyrell, Inman and one or 2 more from about 5 names. I think we are OK here.

Special teams - the coach needs to go and I'd like to see Lambo get a massive kick in the hole.

ILB - jaysus almost forgot ILB. Te'o can do one, adios amigo. Perryman and Brown with support from Toomer and (will he 'get it'?) Perry is good enough for me. Assume Dzubnar is gone too. We can add one more.

It is Clarke's rookie season Leslie, but injured his knee in final year of college, I remember bucky Brooks saying when he was drafted solid pick would have gone higher only for doubts about his knee,

• Advertisement

It is Clarke's rookie season Leslie, but injured his knee in final year of college, I remember bucky Brooks saying when he was drafted solid pick would have gone higher only for doubts about his knee,

Aha didn't know that...

Advertisement