Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Im still very confident that we will make the playoffs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Padji1

I'm not:o
    That was putrid last night. So frustrating as, even with a 24-0 headstart, you almost knew that the team would crumble as soon as they were put under pressure. The same happened against the Falcons and Saints.

My take on it:
    Norv - Gave him the benefit of the doubt this year following a decent draft/FA but my faith is totally gone. When you're 24 up why are we putting Rivers into 5/7 step drops with that O'line aginst that rush. Granted, Mathews probably needed a slap on the wrist but what's wrong with feeding our RB (any RB) the ball and keeping Peyton off the field.

Rivers - Let's face it, he's not an elite QB anymore. I genuinely believed last year was a flash in the pan and he'd completely turn it around but he's making the same mistakes as 12 months ago. We can't afford to wait until the last 5 games like last year for him to stop throwing picks.

Defense - Again, I had high hopes following the drafting of Ingram and the signing of JJ. However, we're so soft it's unreal. We don;t exert any pressure on the QB despite having the talent/personnel to do so (Ingram, English, Philips) and our CB's simply can't cover. Which leads me on to my next point.

CBs - They are woeful. Cason has so little ability it's unbelievable that he's made it this far. Surely Chris Carr couldn't do any worse at this stage.

O-Line - Again, pretty poor. In fairness, Harris did okay last night but Clary on the other side is another weak link. Rivers needs time to go through his reads or to make the long bomb and, in fairness to him, he's not getting it.

WRs - Who is out No. 1 receiver? Still Brown even though he's injured? Meacham hasn't shown it and I wonder if he's actually running the correct routes as Rivers can't get close to him. Royal is constantly injured, same with Floyd.

Rant over....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Padji1 wrote: »
    That was putrid last night. So frustrating as, even with a 24-0 headstart, you almost knew that the team would crumble as soon as they were put under pressure. The same happened against the Falcons and Saints.

My take on it:
    Norv - Gave him the benefit of the doubt this year following a decent draft/FA but my faith is totally gone. When you're 24 up why are we putting Rivers into 5/7 step drops with that O'line aginst that rush. Granted, Mathews probably needed a slap on the wrist but what's wrong with feeding our RB (any RB) the ball and keeping Peyton off the field.

Rivers - Let's face it, he's not an elite QB anymore. I genuinely believed last year was a flash in the pan and he'd completely turn it around but he's making the same mistakes as 12 months ago. We can't afford to wait until the last 5 games like last year for him to stop throwing picks.

Defense - Again, I had high hopes following the drafting of Ingram and the signing of JJ. However, we're so soft it's unreal. We don;t exert any pressure on the QB despite having the talent/personnel to do so (Ingram, English, Philips) and our CB's simply can't cover. Which leads me on to my next point.

CBs - They are woeful. Cason has so little ability it's unbelievable that he's made it this far. Surely Chris Carr couldn't do any worse at this stage.

O-Line - Again, pretty poor. In fairness, Harris did okay last night but Clary on the other side is another weak link. Rivers needs time to go through his reads or to make the long bomb and, in fairness to him, he's not getting it.

WRs - Who is out No. 1 receiver? Still Brown even though he's injured? Meacham hasn't shown it and I wonder if he's actually running the correct routes as Rivers can't get close to him. Royal is constantly injured, same with Floyd.

Rant over....

Nice summary and i'd be agreeing with nearly all of this. I think Mike Harris is doing incredibly well for what we should be expecting of an undrafted rookie LT, helped out more than Clary i reckon.
    New receivers just aren't clicking with Rivers, 3 of the 4 Int were to new receivers. Floyd is still getting 1or2 catches a game but he never does much more. Hopefully Browne can be as good as we're all hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Padji1 wrote: »

My take on it:

Rant over....

V good post.

Like OAOB I agree with most everything you've said. I particularly like that you've mentioned the playcalling when we were 24 up ie. having Rivers do 5/7 step drops, putting more pressure on him and the O line. Let's face it Norv does not know what he is doing and this is supposed to be his forte.

He needs to be gone immediately. I only saw/read some snippets about his presser yesterday. You have to laugh that the next day he is realising his playcalling was too risky/forceful and he is going to look at toning it down. Too late mate. The guys has always been a terrible in game manager, that's nothing new. Get rid of him and Fairchild, what the F is he doing during the game playing solitaire? (missing the Gaither injury in Saints game = unforgiveable).

I reckon an interim HC like Bisaccia might shake this thing up. Starting with benching Clary might be a good idea.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Im still very confident that we will make the playoffs :D

I'm not. Not with Norv at the helm. Please God they will make the change now and give us a shot.

• Advertisement

I totally agree that Norv needs to go, trying to think of potential replacements.

I dont think Rivers has the arm for Meachem, Rivers throws the ball with a high trajectory for VJax and Flloyd to go up and get it.

For Rivers pick Meachem was in if that ball was throw over the top.

I totally agree that Norv needs to go, trying to think of potential replacements.

I dont think Rivers has the arm for Meachem, Rivers throws the ball with a high trajectory for VJax and Flloyd to go up and get it.

For Rivers pick Meachem was in if that ball was throw over the top.

So much of Philip's sh1tty throws has to do with the playcall and the protection or lack therof. He'd be fine were the O line better than adequate and the playcalling was better. He needs to get his mojo back though and fast.

Nate Kaeding to be released when he is healthy.

I doubt Novak is the long term solution.

Nate Kaeding to be released when he is healthy.

I doubt Novak is the long term solution.

Have to agree with you on Novak, he has struggled on kicking the ball through the endzone. Feel sorry for Nate, he looked better than ever this year but if he can't stay healthy he just becomes a liability, hope this isn't the end of his career

Im sure someone will pick him up.

Just another position that adds to the list of our needs

• Advertisement

Ref the Nate situation... I don't get it. So we put him on IR. Why, when he is fit do we have to release him?. Most IR cases are eligible to come back to the team for the next season. What's different with this case?, anyone know?

As for Nate going I'm meh about it. The lad choked every playoff game, he should and could have been cut loose long ago. Having said that I'd be looking for an upgrade on Novak sooner rather than later. It's no coincidence that he was never picked up by anybody when Nate beat him out.

I thought the IR rules were simple and straight forward until the Merriman deal a few years ago. I presume Nate's case is something weird like that

OAOB wrote: »
    I thought the IR rules were simple and straight forward until the Merriman deal a few years ago. I presume Nate's case is something weird like that

This is all I can find online which does not answer the question;

Previously, any player placed on injured reserve was lost for the remainder of the season.

For 2012, however, one player deemed to have a "major injury" can return during the season. A "major injury" is defined as one that will keep a player sidelined for at least six weeks.

If a player is placed on IR after September 4, he can return to practice six weeks later and can become part of the active list two weeks after that. The team must label the injured player as "designated for return" at the time of his placement on IR.

(this is what we are doing with Vincent Brown)

For some reason we were able to release Merriman while he was IR'd and he played with the Bills the same season, its just a strange one.

Anyway any word on when V Brown will be back? Has he started practicing?

For some reason we were able to release Merriman while he was IR'd and he played with the Bills the same season, its just a strange one.

Anyway any word on when V Brown will be back? Has he started practicing?

Last I heard Vincent was not recovering as quickly as hoped and that he will not be practicing until next week at the earliest. He is eligible to practice now and play week 8. I'd say earliest we see him on the field is the Tampa game.

I think I have this one figured out... Kaeding's injury is classed as minor ie. one that would not preclude him from playing again in season 2012/13. A player that is IR'd with a minor injury must be released so he can catch on with another team during that season.

It means the IR tag is not abused by teams ie. IR'ing a guy to free up a roster space cannot be done willy nilly, unless you know for sure the injury means he is done until the following season.

Anyone explain to me what JJ was doing in the game in clear passing situations and starting Ingram when Browns where clearly establishing the run??

If only Bibgy had caught that INT, thought Luigit was very good again today.

Denver win or lose later the division is still wide open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

We broke your will last week. Ye got beaten 7-6 by the worst team in football today and looked horrible, especially offensively. Sure, stranger things have happened in afc west divisional races, but other times the chargers came back from lousy starts they were losing narrowly to good teams, not blowing leads of 17 and 24 and losing 7-6 to the Browns.

Goodman IR'd and Ajirotutu re-signed, always liked him so happy about it.

Vincent Brown isn't even running yet, not looking good for him to contribute this year

Does Brown have to be back before a certain time before he has to make the roster or be put on IR?

Delighted Tutu is back.
    Very curious who our next head coach will be.
    Dont think anyone from college scene suits us.

Hope AJ is kept on, as long as he stays pretty aggressive in free agency and not signing guys like Laboy

• Advertisement

I think AJ has done reasonably well gathering talent and think he's a good GM for the most part but his loyalty to Norv has gone on for too long and i think if we get rid of one we've to get rid of the other too.

I see a few people recommending Bisaccia as a candidate but i'd much rather an outsider come in who has no locker room connections

In my opinion both AJ and Norv need to go. AJ is responsible for the roster. Our O line is a joke, the corners are terrible and the wideouts he brought in to try and replace VJ have failed. We need to blow the thing up.

Dean is a tight ass F. If you look at the players who have been let go for more or less nothing it is scandalous....

Brees, Sproles, Welker (not that many could have foreseen what would happen), VJ, Rodney, Kaeding. And then on the other hand you have AJ handing longterm big money deals to Tucker, Castillo, Wiley, Boston, Meachem, Clary. And signing WRs off the street instead of having your PS guys ready and able, F me.

A coach like Bobby Ross needs to come in, one that will take no BS and will hold players accountable. This nicey nicey stuff results in players not performing as they should.

Also either we get some O linemen in next offseason/draft our we move on from Philip. He cannot move and so is dead behind this O line. He hasn't a chance. He is playing scared, his mechanics are shot.

spiralism wrote: »
    We broke your will last week. Ye got beaten 7-6 by the worst team in football today and looked horrible, especially offensively. Sure, stranger things have happened in afc west divisional races, but other times the chargers came back from lousy starts they were losing narrowly to good teams, not blowing leads of 17 and 24 and losing 7-6 to the Browns.

Agree. And we see this every year with our weak HC. The team follows his lead, slump shoulders, head down, whining at pressers.

Really surprised Peyton has worked out for you. If he goes down you are where we are though, you'd better have plenty of cotton wool to wrap round him.

I think AJ has done reasonably well gathering talent and think he's a good GM for the most part but his loyalty to Norv has gone on for too long and i think if we get rid of one we've to get rid of the other too.

I see a few people recommending Bisaccia as a candidate but i'd much rather an outsider come in who has no locker room connections

Agree, Bisaccia is just a stop gap imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Just reading that 2012 draft thing on this board and it got me thinking. How happy are you with our draft

1) Ingram, pretty happy, needs to be out on the field more. JJ hasn't been impressive at all so would like to see Melvin out there instead. Has given away some silly penalties but I think they are over eagerness more than anything else

2) Kendall Reyes, extremely happy but would like to see him get more snaps. Vaughn Martin is garbage and Reyes has had a decent impact on the field

3) Brandon Taylor, bad sign when he can't get on the field ahead of Atari 'I'm going to bite on every play action/stone hands' Bigby

4) Ladarrius Green, hoping he can reach the potential he has. Haven't seen much of him. Will be important as Gates isn't looking too hot lately, although I dunno if that's Rivers or Gates.

Molly wrote: »
    Just reading that 2012 draft thing on this board and it got me thinking. How happy are you with our draft

1) Ingram, pretty happy, needs to be out on the field more. JJ hasn't been impressive at all so would like to see Melvin out there instead. Has given away some silly penalties but I think they are over eagerness more than anything else

2) Kendall Reyes, extremely happy but would like to see him get more snaps. Vaughn Martin is garbage and Reyes has had a decent impact on the field

3) Brandon Taylor, bad sign when he can't get on the field ahead of Atari 'I'm going to bite on every play action/stone hands' Bigby

4) Ladarrius Green, hoping he can reach the potential he has. Haven't seen much of him. Will be important as Gates isn't looking too hot lately, although I dunno if that's Rivers or Gates.

Ingram has not had the impact I'd expected. Ok so he has not been on the field perhaps as much as he should be but even then he's been average. He is susceptible to boneheadedness too which is a worry. The guy must not be the smartest tool in the box.

Reyes has been ok, nothing amazing but that's what you get from a DE in the 3-4, nothing flashy. Having said that Liuget has come on a long way in his 2nd season, hope Reyes can do too. I don't agree that Vaughn Martin is garbage, like Ingram can do stupid things at times but he is a decent 3-4 DE.

Taylor is an enigma. I didn't think he was going to amount to much but I did not expect him to be inactive every single week. You have to wonder how he is applying himself. He should be making it his business to become a special teams demon ala Stuckey. That's how you get on the field early if you can't beat out the starter at your position.

Similarly Green has been inactive for more games than we would have liked. I know he is supposed to be a TE but for me he is a big WR and instead of him becoming a player in the passing game we have the team reaching for guys off the street. Maybe he can become something, but for now he's been a big disappointment.

I think Ingram has looked pretty good so far, maybe we all expected a bit too much of him straight away but from what i can see he is easily our 2nd best OLB and not too far behind Philips.

Reyes is doing good, as Leslie says its hard for a 34 DE to have a big impact, especially as a rookie. I think Marting is fine as a rotational player but i'd like to see Reyes get more snaps.

Taylor's non contribution is a worry and Green showed flashes of ability but more so as a WR than a TE, i'd hope to see him running a few routes on Thurs night instead of Tutu.

Troutman is obviously an unknown but we could do with an upgrade at LG next year so fingers crossed. If Troutman worked came in looking very good next year and considering we re-sign Vasquez then it really is just a new RT needed on O-line i think.

I think Ingram has looked pretty good so far, maybe we all expected a bit too much of him straight away but from what i can see he is easily our 2nd best OLB and not too far behind Philips.

Reyes is doing good, as Leslie says its hard for a 34 DE to have a big impact, especially as a rookie. I think Marting is fine as a rotational player but i'd like to see Reyes get more snaps.

Taylor's non contribution is a worry and Green showed flashes of ability but more so as a WR than a TE, i'd hope to see him running a few routes on Thurs night instead of Tutu.

Troutman is obviously an unknown but we could do with an upgrade at LG next year so fingers crossed. If Troutman worked came in looking very good next year and considering we re-sign Vasquez then it really is just a new RT needed on O-line i think.

O line is in a huge state of flux. I'm still not convinced by Gaither, Hardwick has regressed bigtime and I'm not a fan of Vasquez at all. Green might be the guy with the most upside across the full line.

Clary needs to be dumped yesterday. I'd imagine Vasquez will be let go too esp if he is not extended during the season (not much of a loss imho). Hardwick will be gone too, cannot see him coming back for another year. It means we need to find 3 new starting O linemen minimum. Wow.

Is Molk the new center?, will Troutman be the RG?, Harris the RT?, surely not all 3. Provided we get a new GM I want to see us going O line in the draft round 1 unless a stud/can't miss corner has dropped.

I suppose a lot depends on who our GM is but i reckon Vasquez is worth signing to a low contract, RG is definitely not our biggest need. I don't think Green is playing any better than Vasquez.
    I'd go for CB in the draft anyway, Jammer is old and Cason shouldn't be re-signed.

• Advertisement

Leslie to say its AJ fault to let go Brees Welker and VJ is crazy
    No one in the league wanted Brees not even Miami.

JJ has been fantastic imo, when he is in the game the run D is brilliant.
    He was never going to get a pass rush.

We are getting much better pressure this year, even if we aint getting sacks.

Our draft picks are in a difficult situation. Ingram I think will be number 1 OLB next year because I doubt Philips gets paid.

Reyes is behind Lugit who has been fantastic and Martin.

Taylor had to be drafted because of the depht in the draft and also in our roster. We wanted Smith but went way to early for us. No one knew if Bigby would make it through the year either.

Green was clearly an experiment which looked good when he played.
    AJ can be criticised for many things but one thing he cannot be criticised for is his drafting.

Look at other teams, imagine having Ireland as our GM :eek:
    Look at how the millions the Eagles invested turned out.
    AJ is top notch and ive never had a problem with the money he gave to players or let go. Only problem I have is his backing of Norv.

I also can dont understand the picking on Vasquez. Been a really solid pick. We lost two pro bowlers last year. Clary is poor but not much we can do about that now.

AJ hasnt had a losing record since 2004, year before we had the 1st pick.

Only 2 other teams match this record and im sure you can guess them. So we are in good company just without the Rings :(

Leslie to say its AJ fault to let go Brees Welker and VJ is crazy
    No one in the league wanted Brees not even Miami.

JJ has been fantastic imo, when he is in the game the run D is brilliant.
    He was never going to get a pass rush.

We are getting much better pressure this year, even if we aint getting sacks.

Our draft picks are in a difficult situation. Ingram I think will be number 1 OLB next year because I doubt Philips gets paid.

Reyes is behind Lugit who has been fantastic and Martin.

Taylor had to be drafted because of the depht in the draft and also in our roster. We wanted Smith but went way to early for us. No one knew if Bigby would make it through the year either.

Green was clearly an experiment which looked good when he played.
    AJ can be criticised for many things but one thing he cannot be criticised for is his drafting.

Look at other teams, imagine having Ireland as our GM :eek:
    Look at how the millions the Eagles invested turned out.
    AJ is top notch and ive never had a problem with the money he gave to players or let go. Only problem I have is his backing of Norv.

I also can dont understand the picking on Vasquez. Been a really solid pick. We lost two pro bowlers last year. Clary is poor but not much we can do about that now.

Have to disagree Rochey.

Re Brees, AJ drafted his boy Philip, if he was to be the longterm answer he should have traded Brees. Instead Marty had Brees play in a meaningless game against the Broncos where he got injured and so his stock took a huge drop. Rivers should have played that game and Brees traded in that offseason (if not earlier than that).

Ref VJ, he could have been had for a cheaper long term deal way before he got real good and greedy. Instead AJ whiffed for a few reasons, one was his DUIs the other the tightness of the Spanos. I mentioned Welker but by no means was he his biggest miss/error.

AJs drafts have been as bad as they've been good (especially recently). For each Merriman (not many of these), theres a Buster Davis, Larry English, Sammy Davis, Antoine Cason, Cro (all 1st rounders!!).

I reckon AJ got away with being in Butler's and Buddy Nix's shadow. He's an egomaniac who needs to be cut loose with his boy Norv.

Butler drafted LT, Brees and Nix was there when we drafted Merriman and VJ and McNeill. Who has AJ picked since he has been on his own!?.

In fairness there's pretty valid points for and against AJs draft history.

He started off good but had a few shockers. 2010 & 2011 are looking pretty good at this stage (Matthews, Butler, Thomas, Liuget, V Brown, Wright, Gilchrist, Stuckey, Gachkar). If Taylor and Green from this years draft can become starters and Wright nail down a corner position then I think it is 3 very good drafts in a row.

And i think we were all happy with the FA performance by AJ this year even though they haven't performed to expectation. Franklin has been very good, JJ solid, Bigby OK. Meachem has been a disaster so far, Royal injured, McClain & Battle making no real difference. Ronnie Brown is starting to really contribute, more than i thought he would.

Not saying AJ is a perfect GM but I can't really complain about his recent performance and as Rochey points out there is definitely a lot worse out there. I think the real issue is Norv not getting the players to perform

In fairness there's pretty valid points for and against AJs draft history.

He started off good but had a few shockers. 2010 & 2011 are looking pretty good at this stage (Matthews, Butler, Thomas, Liuget, V Brown, Wright, Gilchrist, Stuckey, Gachkar). If Taylor and Green from this years draft can become starters and Wright nail down a corner position then I think it is 3 very good drafts in a row.

And i think we were all happy with the FA performance by AJ this year even though they haven't performed to expectation. Franklin has been very good, JJ solid, Bigby OK. Meachem has been a disaster so far, Royal injured, McClain & Battle making no real difference. Ronnie Brown is starting to really contribute, more than i thought he would.

Not saying AJ is a perfect GM but I can't really complain about his recent performance and as Rochey points out there is definitely a lot worse out there. I think the real issue is Norv not getting the players to perform

It's great that we can air our different opinions....

Ref the above I'd argue that the only players in your list that look to be any good are Mathews, Butler and Liuget. The rest are unproven for me.

Certainly I'm looking forward to seeing both Wright and V Brown getting game time to see what they've got but the others have underwhelmed me thus far.

Having said that, at the positions/slots they were drafted, I'd rate Cam and maybe Stuckey as value picks, perhaps Gach too but will he only ever be an option for STs?

So, in summary.

Want AJ to stay - Rochey and OAOB
    Can't wait to be rid of him - Leslie91

(we're all agreed Norv should be gone yesterday right?)

What about our other posters?, nail your colors to the mast lads.

Just to be clear i'm not even sure if i want AJ to stay or not, if he goes then i just hope we get a good one but don't even know who the candidates might be for it, hopefully external an not someone promoted from within.
    If he stays i'd only give him 2 years max and see how close we are then, if not right on the cusp then give him the boot.
    Get rid of Norv anyway and not too worried about AJ, I think the current roster is short of about 4 players and a decent coach/leader.
    AJ isn't our biggest problem but i hope his ego doesn't get in the way of who we choose as our new coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

My tuppence worth: We had a narrow window of opportunity to make/win a Superbowl the year the Jets beat us in the playoffs. I'm afraid the overall roster has now deteriorated to the point where we're no longer capable of making a deep run into the playoffs. Norv definitely needs to go. He's a good OC (although some of the playcalling this year has been strange) but I think we now need someone to come in and clean shop. Someone in the Coughlin mould that will push the players to their limits.

As far as AJ goes, the last 3 drafts have been reasonably good, apart from Matthews IMHO. I have a fundamental problem with taking RBs that early in the draft. I don't want to go off on too much of a tangent but look at the production from guys like Alfred Morris or DeMarco Murray, or Michael Turner :rolleyes:. When Matthews was drafted Rivers was in his prime. You would have called him "elite". I would argue we would have been better off getting a lineman to help keep him upright. Of course AJ never takes O-Linemen in the early rounds... We could have had Iupati/Pouncey/Bulaga that year.

The 4 drafts prior to that... English, Cason, C. Davis, Cromartie, Merriman, Castillo all drafted in the first round. Compare that to what the Packers http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/draft.htm or Giants http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/draft.htm got out of those drafts. Maybe, just maybe if we have good drafts for the next few years then we will become contenders again. To be fair, there are some pieces there to build a roster around, but it's going to take another few successful offseasons to get the roster up to scratch.

Finally,, you look at some of the players we've let go over the years... Brees, Turner, Sproles, Jackson... We ship out Turner and then Sproles (who was a massive part of the offence) instead of paying them and saving a 1st round pick that could have been put to better use.

Talib would have been nice :(

Talib would have been nice :(

He would have been but don't think we've strong enough leadership to control him. Contract year too and i presume he'll be getting a big contract

Who knows what our leadership will be next year :P

Regarding the contract year, could have been working on locking him up straight away. He's way better than anything we've got

• Advertisement

Who knows what our leadership will be next year :P

Regarding the contract year, could have been working on locking him up straight away. He's way better than anything we've got

Miles better than what we have but not the type of guy to get a big long term contract off AJ.
    How come it always seems to be other teams pulling off these great value trades and never us:(

Just confirms what we know really, (supposed) playmakers on offence not performing

Not much to be said really, played well but against a really bad team. Good to get the win but these are the types of games we should be winning.Donald Butler is some player, anyone watching the Chargers for the last year can see he's pro-bowl caliber. Defence was getting pressure but not sacks, if we could make a few more plays here it'd be great.Rivers had a brilliant game but there's only one throw of his that we'll remember from that game.Great having Tutu back!!!

So excited about the Tampa game watching them against Oakland.
    Be great test especially for our great run defence and then putting our corners up against VJax and Williams :D

Their interior line looks really poor without Nicks, be looking forward to see Luigit up against that.

Must win game before the Denver game.

I hope the Bucs come at us all guns blazing, i want to see us beat a good team and hopefully put together a game winning TD drive to do it. Fed up with us looking good against bad teams and bad against good teams

Morning lads, been away from the board all w/e.

Watched the game friday nite, I'd avoided internet all day and then a fecker I met in the pub earlier who I thought would not be noticing Charger results (even though he knows I'm a fan) tells me, 'and the Chargers won eh?'. Ragin. Went home and watched it, at least it wasn't a close one!.

Just a quick comment on Talib going to Pats. Players like him (good experienced players, who would improve us) seem to always goto NE, why, because the Org/HC up there is a great place to go. Lots of players who had issues elsewhere seem to embrace the Belichick way and perform. He'd have come to SD and not changed a bit so no loss for me.

As for us (apologies in advance for the novel).

it's funny, I kinda felt underwhelmed after watching it. yes it was a win but I can still see this team is going nowhere fast under the present regime. sure philip did some good things but the INT he threw, WTF was that?. tutu made an unreal catch to keep that drive alive and alexander looked decent. wasn't meachem playing all thru training camp?, what the F was he doing/were the coaches doing? Alexander is here, what, 8 days? and he already looks better than him. all this getting in sync with philip is bollix obviously. u really have to wonder what the so called offensive playcalling genius is doing/has done when our 29m dollar receiver had about 10 catches all season long.

another thing I'm bearing in mind is KC are muck, esp at QB. I cannot believe how bad Cassell has become. I thought he was gona be a good un but it looks like he can forget it. Our defensive front 7 look decent but can't seem to get to the QB which is a worry. Butler looks to be our best player on D now, he and Weddle seem to be streets ahead of the rest (excluding Liuget perhaps, who has come on lots). Spikes might be a great presence and all that but I don't see him doing it any more on the field, I wanna see more Demorrio or Mouton even (who is inactive every game it looks like). Larry English was inactive I see, I say let's cut this waste of space, this draft pick is right up there with Leaf for me, he is supposedly 100% now and cannot do ****. So annoying that we've waited this long for nothing.

Our corners have to be the joke of the NFL. Cason has no right to be on the field unless he is returning punts, the guy seemingly has no idea what to be doing. On that note, Bisaccia, WTF are u doing having our best defensive player back there esp when he starts muffing them/fumbling. Have Cason return punts and stick Wright in at RCB. Also, I'd like to see Gilchrist on kick returns now that Goodman is done (thank god for that). I see we had all 5 RBs active, and had Brinks returning kicks. Waste of time imho. McClain has been a huge disappointment, he's at best as good a blocker as Hester. I note that Hester is still sitting at home, shocker. Heard the poor lad on the radio the other day and he was saying he was v surprised that he was still scratching his ass. Another AJ bigtime miss.

Vincent should eat us alive in Tampa. As for that young RB Martin wow. Hopefully this will be the game that ends Norv. Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for us to win but I don't see it. Tampa's D is poor but ours is much worse and our O is struggling unlike theirs. The new era starts next monday. I want AJ and Norv gone, saw some rumblings about Sean Payton being a FA, and some fans shouting for us to go get em. We haven't a hope in hell, either he stays in NO or ends up in Dallas or Philly. No way he comes to work for the eejit that is Dean. Having said that I hear he'd like to be a GM/HC double act. I'd welcome him with open arms. He could handpick his own OC, having him also call plays would be too much. We can be dreamers.

Real good post there Leslie and i'd share those sentiments for the most part. A few points i'd make
    • You can see that Tutu and Alexander are playing for their jobs, they're trying their hardest to make plays and fighting for yards after, Meachem and to a lesser extent Royal haven't shown that hunger
    • English will get a chance to impress for the next few weeks with Barnes injured, it's likely the last chance he'll get with the Chargers
    • I'd cut McClain and re-sign Hester right now, McClain offers nothing and is more expensive
    • We all have our hopes pinned on Wright that he will be a starting caliber corner even though we only have a good off season to go by. And even if he does become one we're still left with one bad CB because neither Jammer or Cason are good enough now
    • I've given up hope of Norv/AJ being fired mid-season, the time to do it was either bye-week or directly after the Browns game and the trigger wasn't pulled on them
    • Payton would be a real coup to get but we haven't the money to match Dallas. Our only bargaining chip is the GM position to go with HC and i doubt that's enough
    Two asides your post brought up, really disappointing not to see Mouton being active and is it just me or does Gilchrist seem to be giving up a huge number of catches when he plays Nickel

Real good post there Leslie and i'd share those sentiments for the most part. A few points i'd make
    • You can see that Tutu and Alexander are playing for their jobs, they're trying their hardest to make plays and fighting for yards after, Meachem and to a lesser extent Royal haven't shown that hunger
    • English will get a chance to impress for the next few weeks with Barnes injured, it's likely the last chance he'll get with the Chargers
    • I'd cut McClain and re-sign Hester right now, McClain offers nothing and is more expensive
    • We all have our hopes pinned on Wright that he will be a starting caliber corner even though we only have a good off season to go by. And even if he does become one we're still left with one bad CB because neither Jammer or Cason are good enough now
    • I've given up hope of Norv/AJ being fired mid-season, the time to do it was either bye-week or directly after the Browns game and the trigger wasn't pulled on them
    • Payton would be a real coup to get but we haven't the money to match Dallas. Our only bargaining chip is the GM position to go with HC and i doubt that's enough
    Two asides your post brought up, really disappointing not to see Mouton being active and is it just me or does Gilchrist seem to be giving up a huge number of catches when he plays Nickel

I concur. Cannot believe McClain is no better than Hester. Scary thought.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I concur. Cannot believe McClain is no better than Hester. Scary thought.

I don't think AJ's ego would allow him to cut McClain for Hester, it would show him up for making 2 mistakes this off season

Hmm, if we were offered stanford routt with his form from last season I'd jump at it but not sure what to make of him this year, being picked on badly but I wonder is that because he's across from flowers or he's just having a bad year. Could we get something good from Kansas two years running ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement