Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I did totally agree regarding McClain, but last three games he has impressed me, has been much better.

No need to cut English, his contract is tiny for a 1st round pick.
    We will see how he does now that Barnes is out.

Cason is so annoying because he can be great and has been. Maybe time back at nickle might suit him, in saying that his stats are pretty impressive.

Our run D is fantastic and I would expect them to try and run the ball after lasts night performance and then wont be able to.
    I expect us to spank the Bucs and then go on to beat Denver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Not A hope you will spank us on Sunday, if the run is stopped which I seriously doubt, freeman will go long, he has some potent weapons this year who are beating everyone 1 on 1. Our pass defense is just sooooo bad so this could be a good aul shoot out.

By the way, I'm going to this, go bucs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Anyone know what Routts contract is like? I'd presume its pretty high and thats one of the reasons he's being cut. If it was cheap he'd be worth a shot, replace Carr.

jester1980 wrote: »
    Not A hope you will spank us on Sunday, if the run is stopped which I seriously doubt, freeman will go long, he has some potent weapons this year who are beating everyone 1 on 1. Our pass defense is just sooooo bad so this could be a good aul shoot out.

I'm pretty sure Freeman is going to look like a MVP this weekend. We've had a very good run defence this year, attacking our secondary is the easy way to score on us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

From pro football focus

'He signed a three-year, $19.6 million deal with Kansas City, pocketing a $4 million signing bonus. He’ll be entitled to receive the balance of his $1.8 million base salary as termination pay — unless someone claims him on waivers. Either way, Routt will get the rest of his 2012 pay.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

OAOB wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Freeman is going to look like a MVP this weekend. We've had a very good run defence this year, attacking our secondary is the easy way to score on us

VJ has a point to prove imo. Martin may not run the yards but he's a Ray Rice-esque double threat, he could as easily put up the numbers through the air.

Routt is horrible no need for him here.

If we don't shut Martin down and win this game il join the negativity bandwagon.

Actually if we let big numbers to Vjax and Williams il jump on board.

Josh won't have the time to throw the ball deep with the pressure we will get on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

jester1980 wrote: »

I agree with OAOB. The Bucs passing O will be far too strong for out D backfield and we are not getting to the QB and Freeman is a big strong guy anyway. Our O is far too inconsistent to take full advantage of TBs poor pass defense.

This will be like the Detroit game in 2011 and will hopefully stick that final nail in Norv's coffin.

Enjoy the game and thanks for stopping by in our thread!.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Routt is horrible no need for him here.

If we don't shut Martin down and win this game il join the negativity bandwagon.

Actually if we let big numbers to Vjax and Williams il jump on board.

Josh won't have the time to throw the ball deep with the pressure we will get on him.

So glad we have you on our board Rochey!, trying to keep our chins up. Don't join the negativity bandwagon!!, Norv will be gone soon and the rest of us will be jumping off that bandwagon then!.

• Advertisement

And this game Harris turns up as a pro bowl type LT.
    Rivers to Meachem is on all day, Mathews breaks the rushing record.

Broncos turn into Donkeys.
    We go on to Super Bowl.
    Wait and see :D

And this game Harris turns up as a pro bowl type LT.
    Rivers to Meachem is on all day, Mathews breaks the rushing record.

Broncos turn into Donkeys.
    We go on to Super Bowl.
    Wait and see :D

You forgot Norv gets a contract extension and we build a new stadium

Meachem and VJax lookalike same thing.

Going to be a spanking :D
    Need some positivity here.

Alexander to save our season, let the positivity flow:)

So lads, next week in our house, likely your last chance at the division...

Should of won that game, stupid mistakes :mad:

We played really good football, even our corners done well today.

• Advertisement

We actually played pretty well yesterday, the Bucs were getting pressure consistently but Rivers played great until that one bloody throw. He needs to throw it away in those situations but for a few seasons he was completing those throws, just isn't doing it anymore.

I think that was probably our best performance of the year, we gifted them 14points but apart from that i was impressed. We struggled to run the ball early on but kept at it and started to see success in the second half. We didn't test them on the deep ball consistently, it looked like there is big play capabilities against them but in the second and third quarters we didn't go for it.

Gutsy performance from Scifres after the hit, saw him being described as our best player and he's not far from it

We actually played pretty well yesterday, the Bucs were getting pressure consistently but Rivers played great until that one bloody throw. He needs to throw it away in those situations but for a few seasons he was completing those throws, just isn't doing it anymore.

I think that was probably our best performance of the year, we gifted them 14points but apart from that i was impressed. We struggled to run the ball early on but kept at it and started to see success in the second half. We didn't test them on the deep ball consistently, it looked like there is big play capabilities against them but in the second and third quarters we didn't go for it.

Gutsy performance from Scifres after the hit, saw him being described as our best player and he's not far from it

There's a performance in ye yet, i just hope its not next week...

Fair play to Norv for not abandoning the run, on that long drive at the end of 2nd quarter 2 or 3 decent runs where crucial for that drive.

That's what's so annoying about Rivers right now is that he made then crazy throws. That int and blocked punt was a swing of 24 points.

Our season is over if we don't win next week but I would be in no rush to fire Norv, need to take our time and make sure we get the right guy.

Fair play to Norv for not abandoning the run, on that long drive at the end of 2nd quarter 2 or 3 decent runs where crucial for that drive.

That's what's so annoying about Rivers right now is that he made then crazy throws. That int and blocked punt was a swing of 24 points.

Our season is over if we don't win next week but I would be in no rush to fire Norv, need to take our time and make sure we get the right guy.

Yeah, to be honest if we win its basically a 4 game lead with 6 to play and Kansas twice and Cleveland left on the schedule. If that happens, take your sweet time instead of rushing into an interim coach and having to give it serious thought if he does well (which is very dangerous-see crennel in KC)

Our season ended when Denver beat us at home imho. Norv should have been fired then. Both he and AJ need to be cut loose ASAP. It doesn't matter who we appoint as interim HC, like you said we need to find our HC for 2013 and beyond starting yesterday.

Even if we were to miraculously win in Denver, they have too much of a soft schedule, no chance they don't win the division now. And we'll lose to Pitt and at least 1 other team so it doesn't really matter.

What matters is we get this organisation sorted starting at the top.

• Advertisement

I would be in no rush to fire Norv, need to take our time and make sure we get the right guy.

I'm in a huge rush to fire Norv. As far as i'm concerned this season is done, all that's left is to try salvage some pride by beating the Broncos and Raiders so that we'll have gone 5-1 in the division.
    I agree with you about getting the right guy but i'd like to get an interim coach in there for the last few games, new voice, new ideas and lets see what players respond. An interim coach will do for now, interview properly in the off-season.
    We could find out a lot more about this group of players by removing Norv now than by waiting til the end of the season and replacing him then.

If we're not going to get the play offs why do you want to get wins? The thought of a top 10 draft pick is pretty appealing ...

I don't think Pride is more important than better draft picks

Molly wrote: »
    If we're not going to get the play offs why do you want to get wins? The thought of a top 10 draft pick is pretty appealing ...

Fair point and you're probably correct with that way of thinking, i just hate losing to rivals. If it could give us a shot at the best CB or OT then it'd be a bit easier to stomach

I'm in a huge rush to fire Norv. As far as i'm concerned this season is done, all that's left is to try salvage some pride by beating the Broncos and Raiders so that we'll have gone 5-1 in the division.
    I agree with you about getting the right guy but i'd like to get an interim coach in there for the last few games, new voice, new ideas and lets see what players respond. An interim coach will do for now, interview properly in the off-season.
    We could find out a lot more about this group of players by removing Norv now than by waiting til the end of the season and replacing him then.

V good point. The only guys who look like keepers for me (of those who have played a bit) are the D line, Butler, Weddle, Floyd, Mathews, Alexander and Gates.

Apart from those guys the rest have done squat.

(I guess u could give the likes of Ingram a break too)

Agree as long as it isn't AJ making the pick. He needs to be gone too. This team is a shambles and it all starts with him.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Agree as long as it isn't AJ making the pick. He needs to be gone too. This team is a shambles and it all starts with him.

I dont agree with that, not to say I dont think he needs to go too.
    This team is seriously solid team. Poor management imo is where we are being let down.
    This situation is exactly why I think a lottery for draft picks should be brought in. We have not got a decent pick since we got Rivers.

I dont agree with that, not to say I dont think he needs to go too.
    This team is seriously solid team. Poor management imo is where we are being let down.
    This situation is exactly why I think a lottery for draft picks should be brought in. We have not got a decent pick since we got Rivers.

Hang on a sec. What do you mean by poor mgmt?, AJ is the GM. He runs the football side of the business. He is responsible for our O line, our corners, our receivers etc.

I truly believe John Butler and Buddy Nix were more the reason why we drafted so well in AJs early years. He's has so many more misses than hits since he has been on his own. You cannot afford to blow a 1st round pick in the teens and he is the master at this.

Management as in coaching of this roster.

Our Oline lost two pro bowlers last year, no team can handle that. Hardwick is very good, and Vasquez is considered one of the top guards this free agency.
    Hopefully Troutman can help next year, from what I read about him seems to be a lot of excitement about him helping the Oline. Never allowed a sack in college football.

Receiver, Meachem should of been the answer, he was fine in New Orleans, but cant catch a cold here. Curious if he would do better in the slot?

Corner I think are just under performing. They where fine against Tampa. Cason has showed before he can be fantastic and Jammer has always been solid. Wright looked good in zone coverage against Tampa too.

Making stupid mistakes, like Rivers, Ingram leading with the head against Saints, Cason and Jammer not showing up first part of the season etc etc.

AJ is at fault for keeping faith in Norv. Not the man management and coaching of the players.

AJ is at fault for keeping faith in Norv. Not the man management and coaching of the players.

Sums it up perfectly for me, i think a different coach could have got more out of this team. Up to Spanos whether loyalty to Norv costs AJ his job, it probably should but i still don't think he's a bad GM

Management as in coaching of this roster.

Making stupid mistakes, like Rivers, Ingram leading with the head against Saints, Cason and Jammer not showing up first part of the season etc etc.

That is not on AJ, We have Super bowl calibre players Rivers, Mathews, Hardwick, Floyd, Weddle, Butler, Liuget, Franklin, Philips, Jammer,
    Even Vasquez is considered one top guards this free agency, just ready online forums about coming free agency.

Not AJ fault Rivers not performing, or Ingram penalty on Brees, Cason & Jammer not showing up first half season, Meachem being a fine player in New Orleans but cant catch a cold in SD.
    His last bunch of free agents was top notch.
    Every single draft he has got us a starter minimum.

AJ is at fault for keeping faith in Norv.
    Not the man management and coaching of the players.

Ah so 'coaching' is the problem you mean and Norv is our head coach ie. he is responsible for all coaching, game prep etc

AJ hired Norv. And said he believed he was the guy again, in this past offseason. AJ obviously has no clue about coaches and his ego is too massive to allow a coach who would stand up to him into the building.

AJ picked Ingram and Cason and brought in Meachem (and Royal) and chose not to re-sign VJ (or better still sign him to a LTC earlier). Although I'm not writing off Ingram just yet, far from it.

But Cason is a joke, he also drafted another disaster of a corner in Sammy Davis, Larry English, Jacob Hester, Buster Davis..... (all 1st rounders bar Hester)

Jammer and Hardwick are done, not a chance that they are high calibre players now. The only guys worth talking about on this team now are Mathews, Floyd, Gates, Alexander (albeit after 2 weeks), the D line, Butler, Weddle, Stuckey and Scifres. And Rivers if he has an O line.

Yes some of the ****e we are seeing on the field is on the players and on the coaching/playcalling but not a chance is our roster full of super players. Our O line is probably the worst in the NFL and our QB has feet made of cement = disastrous cocktail.

• Advertisement

Ok so this talk about high draft picks, strength of roster got me thinking about how we’re currently set. I just made up some sections to put players into, give your own comments on them, I’m sure you’ll disagree with a few of them.
    By the way we’ve the oldest roster in the NFL so we naturally are going to have a large turnover of players.

Players to build around (12)
    C. Thomas (Not spectacular but very solid)
    C. Liuget (Pro-bowler potential)
    D. Butler (Beast)
    M. Ingram (Huge potential, showing it in bursts but solid for a rookie)
    E. Weddle (Just imagine how good he’d be if he hadn’t to cover up for the rest of the DBs)
    R. Matthews (Needs to stop fumbling, needs a coach who will trust him)
    D. Alexander (Big receiver to help out QB)
    M. Floyd (Makes plays, getting old, hope he doesn’t start picking up injuries)
    V. Brown (Has looked impressive)
    M. Scifres (Does everything that could be asked of him)
    D. Stuckey (STs leader and best performer)
    M. Windt (He’s grand)

Players who have to improve (7)

P. Rivers (We know how good he can be, he’s nowhere near it)
    A. Gates (Came into the season healthy, his skillset seems to have diminished)
    N. Hardwick (Is his heart still in it)
    J. Gaither (Get healthy and he can be one of the best LTs, still young)
    E. Royal (Potential is there, needs to finish the season strong)
    D. Rosario (Has looked good in bits, potential to be a weapon if he can be consistent)
    V. Martin (Likeable guy who could be a solid rotation player, inconsistent)

Rookies (7)
    K. Reyes (should be a starter next year)
    S. Wright (haven’t seen much of him but reports are possibly future starting CB)
    B. Taylor (good reputation coming out of college, game time this season would help him a lot)
    J. Troutman (Reach of a pick but has the natural build for a G, needs coaching up)
    L. Green (Looks more like a WR than a TE, should be learning a lot off Gates)
    M. Harris (Not sure will he ever be starter quality but he’s playing to his maximum potential and trying his heart out; that’s a lesson a lot of guys could take from him)
    D. Molk (Short for a centre but good player and could be a future starter)

Undecided about (12)

N Novak (not doing anything wrong but can’t help but feel we could improve here)
    L. Vasquez (contract year, I think he’s a good player and so long as his requests are reasonable I’d re-sign him)
    A. Franklin (good pick up but not young so only a short term solution)
    D. Williams (Don’t know much about him but has been good this year, hope he’s young)
    J. Mouton (Needs game time, underwhelming so far)
    S. Phillips (Best linebacker but contract year and not young, reasonable request and he gets a 2 year contract)
    J. Johnson (He’s solid but getting on)
    A. Barnes (Very good pass rusher, worth having but once again not young)
    Q. Jammer (Days as a CB are just about finished, does look like he’d be a good SS for a few years)
    M. Gilchrist (Every time I notice him in the game the receiver is making a catch, good stat sheet though so maybe I’m just stupid)
    R. Brown (Started slow but has come good, can’t be much left in him though)
    R. Goodman (Seems to just get caught by the last tackler, refuses to ever take a knee)

Back ups (6)

T. Green/B. Dombrowski (I rate them about the same)
    A. Gachkar (Very good ST)
    C. Lynch (As above)
    J. Battle (Could upgrade but he’s worth hanging on to until we find the upgrade)
    S. Ajirotutu (I like him but I reckon he’ll always be on the roster bubble)
    C. Whitehurst (Need a long term option to groom as Rivers replacement)

Out the Door (11)
    J. Clary (Too many errors, too well paid)
    R. Meachem (Not good)
    R. McMichael (Too old, looks slow this year)
    T. Spikes (As above)
    A. Bigby (Teams know he’s awful in coverage and bites on play action, started well but he’s been found out)
    A. Cason (Not starter quality and too expensive as a backup I’d reckon)
    A. Garay (Contract is way too expensive for next year)
    C. Brinkley (Just not good enough)
    C. Carr (As above)
    R. Hadnot (As above)
    L. McClain (Big disappointment)

Sorry about the length of this, originally meant to just do a few but it snowballed.

Great post OAOB, I agree with most of it.

Hardwick I think has been really good this year, think he need to convince him stay one more. Too much of an ask to lose him with McNeil and Dielmen.

McClain I too think has really improved. Was not impressed with him at all, but has made some really nice blocks, Brown has got to stay next year too, exceeded everyones expectations really.

People on Chargers site seem very keen on Troutmen and they absolutely hate reaching for players, Ive never seen him play but didnt give up a sack in college hopefully he contributes next year.

Johnson has been great against the run. Knowing he has no pass rush, ive noticed he is always around the runner, solid pick up in the division we are in.
    Most of your undecided are older players but not old in the sense of retiring.

Against great post.

Great post, I've added my 2 cents below to each........

===============================

Players to build around (12)
    C. Thomas (Not spectacular but very solid) agree
    C. Liuget (Pro-bowler potential) agree
    D. Butler (Beast) agree
    M. Ingram (Huge potential, showing it in bursts but solid for a rookie) yes has upside but seems to be dumb as F = worryish
    E. Weddle (Just imagine how good he’d be if he hadn’t to cover up for the rest of the DBs) agree
    R. Mathews (Needs to stop fumbling, needs a coach who will trust him) I'm still not convinced by him, yes the fumbling but more worrying for me is his inability to make a guy miss, first guy seems to get him down all the time, does not seem to have good balance.
    D. Alexander (Big receiver to help out QB) nice pickup but won't anoint him just yet, his knees are dodgy
    M. Floyd (Makes plays, getting old, hope he doesn’t start picking up injuries) have loved malcom since he came in udfa day 1, perfect pro if a bit brittle
    V. Brown (Has looked impressive) need to see him play to make mind up, everybody is high on him but he is not tall and Rivers seems to need tall guys
    M. Scifres (Does everything that could be asked of him) agree
    D. Stuckey (STs leader and best performer) agree, would love to see what he could do instead of Bigby who is a complete disaster in pass coverage and not great against run either, does not wrap up.
    M. Windt (He’s grand) cheap, so far so good in terms of his snaps

Players who have to improve (7)

P. Rivers (We know how good he can be, he’s nowhere near it) I dunno, I've been worrying about him for a while, he is no use without an O line, scary how immobile he is.
    A. Gates (Came into the season healthy, his skillset seems to have diminished) yes he is slowing down but still a massive threat look at sunday
    N. Hardwick (Is his heart still in it) I think this is his last year
    J. Gaither (Get healthy and he can be one of the best LTs, still young) not sure about his will to play hurt and he gets hurt too often, seems to have some tools if he'll only play
    E. Royal (Potential is there, needs to finish the season strong) getting old, have loved him as a slot guy but Norv is terrible with those receivers
    D. Rosario (Has looked good in bits, potential to be a weapon if he can be consistent) I like him, he's a bit light though, surely ladarius takes his spot
    V. Martin (Likeable guy who could be a solid rotation player, inconsistent) I like this guy, real tryer unlike some

Rookies (7)
    K. Reyes (should be a starter next year) this yr will have done him good, he's lucky he's with a good group too, D line is where we are deepest
    S. Wright (haven’t seen much of him but reports are possibly future starting CB) I pray he'll play corner before year end instead of either of them, Cason to go first is my pref
    B. Taylor (good reputation coming out of college, game time this season would help him a lot) worry about this guy, inactive every game, WTF
    J. Troutman (Reach of a pick but has the natural build for a G, needs coaching up) if he can come back from that injury we might have our new left guard
    L. Green (Looks more like a WR than a TE, should be learning a lot off Gates) why isn't he on the field more, lives up to his name ie. green
    M. Harris (Not sure will he ever be starter quality but he’s playing to his maximum potential and trying his heart out; that’s a lesson a lot of guys could take from him) I'd like to see him at right tackle, big athletic kid
    D. Molk (Short for a centre but good player and could be a future starter) I'm thinking he is too small, would need huge guards either side of him

Undecided about (12)

N Novak (not doing anything wrong but can’t help but feel we could improve here) he'll do
    L. Vasquez (contract year, I think he’s a good player and so long as his requests are reasonable I’d re-sign him) some team will overpay for him and he'll be gone, not worth as much as he will get
    A. Franklin (good pick up but not young so only a short term solution) old
    D. Williams (Don’t know much about him but has been good this year, hope he’s young) 3rd down backer who is decent but replaceable
    J. Mouton (Needs game time, underwhelming so far) again where is he?, another silly pick by AJ?, many scratched their head when his name was read out so early on draft day, he is no D Butler that's for sure
    S. Phillips (Best linebacker but contract year and not young, reasonable request and he gets a 2 year contract) agree, he will stay as he loves it here, esp if Pags stays as D coordinator, if a disciplinarian comes in SP will be gone
    J. Johnson (He’s solid but getting on) we can do better
    A. Barnes (Very good pass rusher, worth having but once again not young) just a guy
    Q. Jammer (Days as a CB are just about finished, does look like he’d be a good SS for a few years) done, should have been moved to safety before 2011 season, too old now and hands of stone
    M. Gilchrist (Every time I notice him in the game the receiver is making a catch, good stat sheet though so maybe I’m just stupid) not convinced he is a corner, played more safety in college, another stupid pick
    R. Brown (Started slow but has come good, can’t be much left in him though) like his attitude might have 1 more yr
    R. Goodman (Seems to just get caught by the last tackler, refuses to ever take a knee) let this lad go asap, waste of space imho

Back ups (6)

T. Green/B. Dombrowski (I rate them about the same) either can probably backup at guard, my choice would be green
    A. Gachkar (Very good ST) decent ST but these guys are dime a dozen, looks like he will never progress to defense
    C. Lynch (As above) get rid of this guy after the punt block sunday
    J. Battle (Could upgrade but he’s worth hanging on to until we find the upgrade) I'd keep him over mcclain
    S. Ajirotutu (I like him but I reckon he’ll always be on the roster bubble) just a guy
    C. Whitehurst (Need a long term option to groom as Rivers replacement) need to find a guy in next years draft to get rid of charlie

Out the Door (11)
    J. Clary (Too many errors, too well paid) agree
    R. Meachem (Not good) might give him 1 more chance
    R. McMichael (Too old, looks slow this year) all he can do is block but really getting on
    T. Spikes (As above) all talk not much walk, ancient
    A. Bigby (Teams know he’s awful in coverage and bites on play action, started well but he’s been found out) agree dump his ass now
    A. Cason (Not starter quality and too expensive as a backup I’d reckon) agree, some team will pay him god knows why, useless
    A. Garay (Contract is way too expensive for next year) we've better younger players, bye bye
    C. Brinkley (Just not good enough) not a kick returner, but a decent back, ronnie brown might get the spot brinks could play
    C. Carr (As above) so what have u done for me lately
    R. Hadnot (As above) we'll move on from him
    L. McClain (Big disappointment) totally agree

Cheers for the feedback.

Looking at it i'd reckon we have about half a roster there that we can move forward with, if the rookies could all step up (pure wishful thinking) it would be a huge help as i think one of our major needs is to get younger.
    Our two weakest spots are CB and O-line. If Wright was good enough to start and SS be either Jammer or more ideally Taylor then one CB is all that's needed. O-line i'd be happy with Gaither and Vasquez. If Troutman can be a good LG it's only two spots to fill. Harris and Molk might be able to claim one. If all this was to happen we could sort this out in the first 2rounds of the draft.
    From going through the roster the thing that i hadn't realised was that our depth at LB is bad in the long term. Ingram and Butler are young (so is Mouton but not counting him here) and everyone else is past their prime. The current group is good now but in a years time we need to have younger bodies in the rotation.

Taylor I think will have no impact at all.
    We knew we had to draft a saftey and with Barron and Smith going early we had to do something.

His tackling is horrible, Im sure Jammer will go to Safety or maybe Gilchrist??
    1st pick goes on a corner next year. 2nd on Oline, 3rd on big WR.

Real shame its going to be the 32nd pick though :D
    You didnt really think Id really get on that horrible wagon ;)

Perfect for the job
    ken-whisenhunt.jpg

He gets paid nearly double what Norv gets. (If the internet is to be believed)
    I really think we are going get another bum, and pay him coordinators salary :(

Just want to let people know we have the #2 pass rushing rookie in the league.
    Yes you heard it correctly. Check out the link, he is 12th in the league.

Also a name I was shocked to see for interior pressure. Reyes :eek:
    He is 7th on the list, fantastic. Ingram really needs to see more snaps

Link, page two is at bottom

Just want to let people know we have the #2 pass rushing rookie in the league.
    Yes you heard it correctly. Check out the link, he is 12th in the league.

Also a name I was shocked to see for interior pressure. Reyes :eek:
    He is 7th on the list, fantastic. Ingram really needs to see more snaps

Link, page two is at bottom

V interesting. Esp Reyes. Did not realise he was generating as much push as he is. He will only get better too. Now if only Melvin could get on the field more and actually get to the QB.

I see Martin is ranked close to bottom of the list for interior pressure. It's a very promising sign from the two rookies but Ingram needs to start getting sacks instead of just getting close, i'd be confident a bit more experience will see his production shoot up. I'd be interested to see has Reyes been consistent in his interior pressure or has it just been against the bad teams

• Advertisement

Cant wait for this game this weekend, we win we probably go on one of our late runs, we lose we get total change.
    Exciting times, im lost as to who could replace Norv.

I fear even Rochey might be on the fire Norv&AJ/the season is over bandwagon after last nites debacle.

Our roster is simply awful, we've too many not good enough and others not bothering their arses. A weak HC who was never meant to be a HC is presiding over a mess that his GM created for him.

Rumour has it Dean will wait until seasons end to act. Our season ended when Denver beat us in SD. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, we need to move on from these wasters yesterday.

Our O is an embarrassment esp the O line and this has happened with AJ responsible for the roster. He is the guy who has not drafted an O lineman higher than round 3. It's like the 80s and 90s all over again.

What annoys me so much is that after such a long wait the season is over already :(

Our Oline is so poor, Mathews had to juke defenders the minute he received the ball. No pocket at all for Rivers either.
    Wouldn't mind drafting Taylor Lewan from Michigan or Luke Joeckel from Texas AM, either would really improve our Oline.

Wright and Gilchrist did well last night.

I am very excited for a new era in San Diego.
    Who would you guys like as our new HC??

Hold on there. Just seen the standings, only two games back and we play Bengals and Steelers.

The playoff bandwagon is still going. Wildcard will do :D

Hold on there. Just seen the standings, only two games back and we play Bengals and Steelers.

The playoff bandwagon is still going. Wildcard will do :D

Ha ha ha love it. You mean 2 more teams we will lose to are the Bengals and Steelers (unless we fire the HC and GM this week!).

Im absolutely petrified of getting rid of Norv and then getting an interm guy that does well but isnt the right guy in the long term.

Knowing this team they probably will get a wildcard spot giving us a crappy pick in the draft.

• Advertisement

Im absolutely petrified of getting rid of Norv and then getting an interm guy that does well but isnt the right guy in the long term.

Knowing this team they probably will get a wildcard spot giving us a crappy pick in the draft.

Dunno about making the playoffs (queue Jim Mora here), but you can bet we will end up with a pick that means we will just miss on a can't miss guy and instead take another player who won't deliver us value for where he is picked.

Couldn't get to watch the game last night but from reading the reports our offence were a disaster mainly due to the O-line.

Thankfully Rochey is staying optimistic but at this stage we're nowhere near a super bowl caliber team and getting to the play-offs would only be prolonging the mediocrity that we are, i'd rather a high draft pick

I agree OAOB I'm all for sucking the rest of the way to get a top pick. The good news is that there are some seriously great linemen coming out in 2013. The only downside is that there is no true franchise QB coming ie. it means O linemen will go early.

Anyhows, back to topic, Fire AJ&Norv yesterday please.

I disagree on the qb point. People will jump at the chance to draft a QB high. Gabbert went 8! Barkley, Glennon and Smith all stand a chance of going top 10, which would be great.

I disagree on the qb point. People will jump at the chance to draft a QB high. Gabbert went 8! Barkley, Glennon and Smith all stand a chance of going top 10, which would be great.

It'd be great were this to happen but I just think there are more Gabberts/Tannehills in 2013 than Lucks. If 2 were to go in top 10 I'd be happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement