Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacklisted by Spamhaus?

• 03-05-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Just got the above warning on outgoing emails in the last hour, any idea what is causing that. No change to computer settings at all....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Who's your network provider? Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting your broadband and test email again?

Got this a few times when I was on Eircom.

Its because your IP is dynamic (changes regularly). Probably someone who had your IP before was sending out spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Just got the above warning on outgoing emails in the last hour, any idea what is causing that. No change to computer settings at all....

The url in the warning will give you more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

I think you can go to Spamhus website and add your domain or email to a safe list http://www.spamhaus.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Recently I saw someone get the spamhaus block because they weren't using the email server (outbound smtp server) of the internet provider they were using.

If you have eircom internet in yer house, you can use the eircom email server on a laptop/mobile phone.

If you move to another persons house and they have upc, change over to the upc email server on your laptop if you wanna send emails from there. (don't forget to change back when you get home).

Depending on the internet provider (upc/eircom/digiweb etc), google for "smtp settings" and the name of the internet provider.

• Advertisement
Advertisement